Paypal in E-shop

schurem

Hi,

I loathe credit cards and dont have one. I would love to be able to buy stuff in the E-shop, such as flaming cliffs 2.0. Please enable paypal as a payment method. I bet there's more people like me on the fence, considering purchase. :(

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Very unlikely to happen. Eagle Dynamics has very bad experience with PayPal.

Out of curiosity, what's your objection to credit cards?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Very unlikely to happen. Eagle Dynamics has very bad experience with PayPal.

Out of curiosity, what's your objection to credit cards?

Aww thats just too bad.

I hate CC's because i rather pay directly for stuff. Paypal works with my bank so that it just directly draws from the account. Transparant, cheap and no strings attached.

I'll have to see if i can talk someone with a CC into making me the purchase.

Thx for the replies.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Sounds like a debit card would be your solution. Works everywhere where CCs works but debits your bank account instead of a credit line. In my country they are available with the recular VISA and MasterCard networks as well as VISA Electron (which I dislike since they aren't accepted as widely). Some countries also have prepaid VISA cards where you pay upfront in pretty much the same manner as a "cash" cellular phone card.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don´t know much about Credit Cards except that my parents lost 2000 eur with them. I got my normal Electronic Cash Bank Card and I can pay everywhere with that normally. Additionally I got Paypal for Webpayments. No need for a Credit Card except the Eagle dynamics shop.

So I guess I Have to wait for the DVD release of FC2?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BKLronin, you do not need a credit card for the Eagle Dynamics shop. You need any card that uses Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron or American Express. These are available in debit form.

List of cards accepted here: http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

So, again, any Visa card will work, no matter if it's connected to a credit account or a bank account. The system itself works identically in either case - the bank either accepts or rejects the transaction, and either charges a credit account or a bank account. The only difference is some paperwork stamps at the bank office. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thansk for the answer,

I got a maestro Card from my Bank wich is a debit card I guess. I´ve read a minute ago that maestro can only be used for internet payment in austria or swiss. Thers no security code on it. Basically it´s a "sub" card of Mastercard.

It seems that it is not possible to pay with this card. But what about direct debit? (Bankeinzug) Or Invoice payment?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Indeed, Maestro is not on the list. I've never used a Maestro myself but my understanding is that they are similar to the Electrons.

What you would want is a debit card working as a regular VISA or MasterCard - though if you are german I've heard that this might be difficult to achieve. (Friends of mine there have indicated that the banks, for some reason, simply don't want to issue debit cards that use the "proper" networks.)

VISA Electron, which is also debit, should work though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In Germany the most distrubuted Visa or Maestro similar payment option is the Electron Cash, short EC

As usual bank card you get the EC card which has no annual or monthly fees, and you can use and pay with it within whole Europe.

Online and offline.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cash

There's no need to get an additional Visa or other card that has annual, monthly or per use fees.