Diveplanes updated Audio

diveplane

@diveplane

It has less bass but it is taken from the same video. I know the fact that shilkas are overheating or get jams pretty quick heard that anywhere but an Abrams for example fires pretty continously with it´s Machinegun on top so the increased "loopabillity" could be an advantage there at least.

I´ve attached the sample in rar format. [ATTACH]39950[/ATTACH]

My first FX Sample :smartass:. Now I definetely know how much tme gone into your mod. And thats exactly a good reason to use critics as a input to make it even better, if possible besides different likings.

I would be just as proud as you. I hope I´m not flying too close into her range just to hear my little gun rrrrtrtttrrrtt and your sweet tankengine drrrrrrr :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@diveplane

It has less bass but it is taken from the same video. I know the fact that shilkas are overheating or get jams pretty quick heard that anywhere but an Abrams for example fires pretty continously with it´s Machinegun on top so the increased "loopabillity" could be an advantage there at least.

I´ve attached the sample in rar format. [ATTACH]39950[/ATTACH]

My first FX Sample :smartass:. Now I definetely know how much tme gone into your mod. And thats exactly a good reason to use critics as a input to make it even better, if possible besides different likings.

I would be just as proud as you. I hope I´m not flying too close into her range just to hear my little gun rrrrtrtttrrrtt and your sweet tankengine drrrrrrr :megalol:

mind the m16 ak47 infantry will be using this sound as well. way the dev team coded the guns.

well its there for anyone wanting the little longer played loop sound.

thx.

making audios may sound easy pardon the pun lol , but its harder than you think to blend them to good effect in games.

thats where the creation comes in.

Edited by diveplane

ive really been enjoying most of the gun sounds you created diveplane. The incockpit gun sounds of the F-15 and the A-10 are AMAZING, as is the outside gun sound of the A-10. I have one little complaint about the F-15 gun sound in exterior views. When in the flyby view, ill shoot pretty far away from the camera, and when the sound reaches the camera it is a very high pitched squeely sound. From what ive heard of the F-16C's gun, it is a very hearty sound, as you can hear here.

Also, is it at all possible to simulate the dual noise the aircrafts gun creates from far way. First you hear the bullets hit (i think) and then you hear the gun vibrate (again, i think). That would be AWESOME! Anyways just my two cents.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

ive really been enjoying most of the gun sounds you created diveplane. The incockpit gun sounds of the F-15 and the A-10 are AMAZING, as is the outside gun sound of the A-10. I have one little complaint about the F-15 gun sound in exterior views. When in the flyby view, ill shoot pretty far away from the camera, and when the sound reaches the camera it is a very high pitched squeely sound. From what ive heard of the F-16C's gun, it is a very hearty sound, as you can hear here.

Also, is it at all possible to simulate the dual noise the aircrafts gun creates from far way. First you hear the bullets hit (i think) and then you hear the gun vibrate (again, i think). That would be AWESOME! Anyways just my two cents.

the f15 guns i never changed those are defaults, they are not bad ok. your not going to get real life sound dynamics in lockon sorry or most games for that matter, to heavy to code and massive processing.

again lockon audio engine code has been tidyed up very well this time around runs and performs fantastic .

ps nice video clip though , notice the f16 engine sound as it flybys on camera is very close sounding like the audio mod :>)

Edited by diveplane

@Diveplane

I have finished my MixedAndTweaked Modsoundcollection today.

From the Readme:

Ronin´sMixedModsoundCollection1.0

This Mod package contains the best MOD sounds around. Some single sounds like Tank Truck and RotorKA50Dyn are mixed togehter from different mod versions and or original sound.

It fits my personal flavor and I guess many will agree on the selection and the few new sounds.

MOD packages used as source material or have been used unmodified as follows:

Diveplanes AudioMod

Dragons Battlefield FX 5.0

HokumSounds (Slightly mixed into Original barely audible)

and of course the Original Eagly Dynamics sounds at some points.

Hope you enjoy it.

Comments and improvement suggestions highly welcome.

Special Thanks to Diveplane, Dragon and Frazer providing the source material and a lot of hard work!

I ´ve to ask the other modbuilders first before I can Upload But I think this one is a real good alternativ package especially on vehicles and planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It´s uploaded! :pilotfly:

I took the time to test mostly all of sounds and I mixed almost all of Diveplanes Rotorsounds with the Original FC2 sounds. Sounds good I think.

Lockonfiles.com "Ronin´sMixedModsoundCollection1.0"

Hope it has been validated till tomorrow.

Wish you all a nice evening!

Note: Also compatible with DCS and it´s standalone so you don´t need any other soundmod If you´re satisfied with it, of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I took the time to test mostly all of sounds and I mixed almost all of Diveplanes Rotorsounds with the Original FC2 sounds. Sounds good I think.

Note: Also compatible with DCS and it´s standalone so you don´t need any other soundmod If you´re satisfied with it, of course.

free to do what you like with the mods, i for one are happy with my packages i have created.

wont get much better what i have created.

original fc2 heli sounds are terrible dont see why you mixed my audios with them ?

helis are the real samples mine, again if thats what you want to do go ahead .

Edited by diveplane

As I´ve said Audio mods can turn into some kind of religion for me.

You plane sounds are awesome for example but I will explain what has lead me to mixing those sounds new.

The Eagle dynamics Sounds are very dry and precise. I don´t know If they have been created by synthesis or If the have been recorded or bought from a high qulity sound source.

I found that the Original ED sounds have very high fidelity no matter wich sound source. But they are very clean, no reflections no reverb and there was no point in a 3 dimensional room you could tell they where recorded. The Engine can´t do that so well so I mexed the missing aspects slightly into the files.

So I had the idea to give those very clean and good mastered sounds a bit of "dirt" with them by mixing tiny amounts of audio audio tracks recorded with camera mics in a real environment into the originals.

What you´ve got then is the missing airframe reflections or the illusion of a 3rd dimension combined with clear, dry and pure sounds from ED with the result of a precise sound with a bit of real dirt onto them.

I wasn´t happy with the original sounds and even with all the mods I´ve tested so far so this was the logical "bridge" between them.

Original FC2 heli sounds are not terrible but they are a way to clear and static for a combat environment. They sound like you put a Heli into studio and then record the pure rotorblades or engine from them but the problem with that is like I´ve told allready that they are too clean and this often feels unnatural when it comes to FX.

It´s like mixing the properties of a dirty Punk rock song with a overclean Studio Pop Hit. The result would be energetic dirty popsong with enough new elements so that everybody will have fun with it.

I just can´t describe my thoughts in english like I could do in german of course but I hope you get an idea of what my idea was behind that. At the end I just love to listen at a tank driving with my mod. Almost like I did as I heard your new tankmovement sounds but subjectiv to me a bit more intense and real.

I was pretty sure about that you would keep you´re own mod because you´ve made it.

I just wanted to share my pint of view and my work on that and again I´ve said already It perfectly suits my imagination of a combat environment sound. At least I´ve adjusted it to my expectations

It was fun and maybe someone else shares my interpretation of combat environment.

Thank you all! and ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I´ve said Audio mods can turn into some kind of religion for me.

You plane sounds are awesome for example but I will explain what has lead me to mixing those sounds new.

The Eagle dynamics Sounds are very dry and precise. I don´t know If they have been created by synthesis or If the have been recorded or bought from a high qulity sound source.

I found that the Original ED sounds have very high fidelity no matter wich sound source. But they are very clean, no reflections no reverb and there was no point in a 3 dimensional room you could tell they where recorded. The Engine can´t do that so well so I mexed the missing aspects slightly into the files.

So I had the idea to give those very clean and good mastered sounds a bit of "dirt" with them by mixing tiny amounts of audio audio tracks recorded with camera mics in a real environment into the originals.

What you´ve got then is the missing airframe reflections or the illusion of a 3rd dimension combined with clear, dry and pure sounds from ED with the result of a precise sound with a bit of real dirt onto them.

I wasn´t happy with the original sounds and even with all the mods I´ve tested so far so this was the logical "bridge" between them.

Original FC2 heli sounds are not terrible but they are a way to clear and static for a combat environment. They sound like you put a Heli into studio and then record the pure rotorblades or engine from them but the problem with that is like I´ve told allready that they are too clean and this often feels unnatural when it comes to FX.

It´s like mixing the properties of a dirty Punk rock song with a overclean Studio Pop Hit. The result would be energetic dirty popsong with enough new elements so that everybody will have fun with it.

I just can´t describe my thoughts in english like I could do in german of course but I hope you get an idea of what my idea was behind that. At the end I just love to listen at a tank driving with my mod. Almost like I did as I heard your new tankmovement sounds but subjectiv to me a bit more intense and real.

I was pretty sure about that you would keep you´re own mod because you´ve made it.

I just wanted to share my pint of view and my work on that and again I´ve said already It perfectly suits my imagination of a combat environment sound. At least I´ve adjusted it to my expectations

It was fun and maybe someone else shares my interpretation of combat environment.

Thank you all! and ED!

ok enjoy .., if you say so, they only recorded the rotor rotation on helis, they tried to generate the audios seperate via 2 files, engine turbine and rotor rotation and some sort of audio mixing ingame, imo it sounded absolute unrealistic =failure this method. best method is a complete clear high quality aircraft sample ingame, results and videos to compare speak for them selves, all about what the ear hears.

mines are close to the real aircrafts, not painted to sound what i want them to sound like.

Edited by diveplane

I'll try your sound mod also and see how it compares to diveplane's.

a complete clear high quality aircraft sample

1. An Ordinary camera mic can´t be a good sound source

2. Most Videos are recorded from distance and from a certain viewpoint.

3. There are always unwanted sounds on it wich don´t belong to the aircraft like reflections of buildings or vehicles and other noises.

4. As you can see in the source of your MI24 rotorsound there are other chopers arriving at the airfield and even some allready landed. You´ve taken a part of this video in wich a chopper with idle engine and low rotor rpm is standing outside of the cam view.

5. Quality loss through compression of the Video.

So my thoughts n those videosamples are that you might think this sounds realer because you´ve watched those Videos. But I´ve you would travel imaginery with a jet in air from astatic viewpoint It would sound way different for your ears.

I had this discussion once with frazer and thats still my point of view.

Camera = Low quality sound source. Thats the problem thats why I´ve mixed ED´s clear sharp and well defined into.

Thats my point of view. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. An Ordinary camera mic can´t be a good sound source

2. Most Videos are recorded from distance and from a certain viewpoint.

3. There are always unwanted sounds on it wich don´t belong to the aircraft like reflections of buildings or vehicles and other noises.

4. As you can see in the source of your MI24 rotorsound there are other chopers arriving at the airfield and even some allready landed. You´ve taken a part of this video in wich a chopper with idle engine and low rotor rpm is standing outside of the cam view.

5. Quality loss through compression of the Video.

So my thoughts n those videosamples are that you might think this sounds realer because you´ve watched those Videos. But I´ve you would travel imaginery with a jet in air from astatic viewpoint It would sound way different for your ears.

I had this discussion once with frazer and thats still my point of view.

Camera = Low quality sound source. Thats the problem thats why I´ve mixed ED´s clear sharp and well defined into.

Thats my point of view. :)

sorry have to disagree on the default rotors , they are poor sounding =not realistic heli sounds, yes they maybe high quality ,but my ears tells me this they dont sound realistic.

all my audios have been run through sample editor and refined from noise and clipping. and distortion.

not getting into a fuss with you on this one.

youve stated yor point of view enjoy your audios you created, start your own thread on it.

source video of the mi24 was to show you how close my audio is to the mi in terms of sounds and the distinct noise in flight, that was reason for posting it up,

nothing to do with taking a audio sample of the video?, dont know where you got that idea from?

regards.

Edited by diveplane
  • Like 1

Ok lets close this debate on that as long as I don´t have complete new SuperHIghDefinition AND realistic sound mod created entirely by my self.

:D

(Thought you took it as a source because it´s hard to meet a MI24 in real life)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just let you guys know been doing audio work since first lockon series and many other game titles,

also i have been trained in music production and recording, college training.

also have a very well trained ear , write and produce my own music from home, as another intrest i do.

own music scores and site here, electric guitarist for 15 years.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ContributorID=30281602

I didn´t want to attack you or yourmod In any way just wan´t to clearify that.

It was all about discussion and makin it better if possible.

its ok great to have input ideas thats what its all about, i do respect other peoples comments ,its part of life, your not going to plz the universe , no matter what we all do.

good luck on your project then

BKLronin.

• Like 1

just let you guys know been doing audio work since first lockon series and many other game titles,

also i have been trained in music production and recording, college training.

also have a very well trained ear , write and produce my own music from home, as another intrest i do.

own music scores and site here, electric guitarist for 15 years.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ContributorID=30281602

How's your top end roll off these days?

Not putting you down, just curious.... do you give your lady (assuming you have one with you) the revamped sounds to go over as women have a higher register to hear than us males do

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

DivePlane thanks for the great work. I haven't had a chance to test everything but gone through most of the pack and quite pleased.

Can you tell me, what are you using for the radio static, is it the 'atmospheric' wave ??

Btw rep on the way

Edited by Protos

Ο ΤΟΛΜΩΝ ΝΙΚΑ

http://www.hellenicsqn.com

(under construction)

DivePlane thanks for the great work. I haven't had a chance to test everything but gone through most of the pack and quite pleased.

Can you tell me, what are you using for the radio static, is it the 'atmospheric' wave ??

Btw rep on the way

thx very much for the positive comments.

glad you like it.