VEAO Update June 2010

Ells228

Hey Guys,

Apologies for not updating you recently but the team have been hard at work as usual behind the scenes.

I would also like to say it was a pleasure meeting Jim and Igor at ITEC a couple of weeks ago and we thank you for your continued support with our project and hope the show was good for you

P.s. the A-10 along with the Black Shark was awesome!!

Mods

We have been getting our teeth into FC2 and the benefits of it, now that a lot of functions have been opened up to the community.

We are currently testing our mod that has been converted to FC2 and will be releasing that soon.

Rattler is also hard at work fixing the bugs you reported to us in our big mod for FC1.12 and we hope to release that soon after some extensive testing.

VEAO Typhoon Live

If you are in the UK on the 3rd and 4th of July then take a trip to the Waddington Air Show where you can see the VEAO Typhoon battle it out in a head to head fight in the RAF Recruiting tent.

Air show link - http://www.waddingtonairshow.co.uk/

Details of the RAF Typhoon Challenge from last years show - http://www.veao.eu/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=118

3d Cockpit

Crow is also hard at work on a 3d cockpit for the Typhoon that may be used in FC2.

More info on that soon but for now I'll leave you with some 3d renders until the next update.

1.jpg

2.jpg

TopLeftPanel_01.jpg

MFD_Initial_2.jpg

cockpit_01.jpg

cockpit_02.jpg

cockpit_03.jpg

Thanks,

Ells.

boar wow..she s fresh,..exciting..

hopefully you ll have a quick project progress?!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, are you counting on the fact that HUD and MFD integration will be possible at a later point, with some plug-in release by ED ? Because the cockpit would be somewhat depressing if it hasn't working MFDs and HUD (not meant to discourage anybody, of course !)

Anyway, it's amazing, and I'm glad that 3D cockpits are coming into Flaming Cliffs, finally :thumbup:

Wow, are you counting on the fact that HUD and MFD integration will be possible at a later point, with some plug-in release by ED ? Because the cockpit would be somewhat depressing if it hasn't working MFDs and HUD (not meant to discourage anybody, of course !)

That's the trouble with glass cockpits w/o basic instruments in steam gauges, with dead MFDs and HUD cockpits are pretty much useless...:music_whistling:

However, nice work! I hope to see it fully implemented into FC and DCS!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a day add "totally" a new plane was possible, but i think the devellopers need time to reflect how to do that correctly for the community, new tools, etc etc...

And remember what Matt have said during the SimHQ interview about FC2:

Q: Will more aircraft be able to be added by 3rd party modders, or will you have to swap a stock plane for a modded plane?

A: For now, third parties can still create and swap in new units. However, we are looking into providing "blank slots" for later projects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Thanks guys.

I still need you're skills Shaggy to help us out on this one, catch you on MSN.

Shaggy, you don't think you are going to get off this lightly.LOL. I think Chris might have some work for you.HEE, HEE.Cheers bud.:D