Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition news

Flyby

Argh! Now I want this too! Damn you discriminating americans! I want it cheap too! :P

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Discrimination nowadays is only for people who want boxes.

Boxes are nice until you have too many then you start throwing them off and you never look back after you have something like steam D2D or backups.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Easter-sale on almost all planes... 2 hours after I bought mine at 3 times the price :)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Dccccc or nooothiiiiinnnggg.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I have similar system to succellus but with 280gtx and I run the game on max settings no problem, you should have no problems power5, maybe not everythign on max, but most things I would think.

lovely game, also the same people made Wings of Prey, which is another wonderful looking game, with excellent ground graphics, why oh why IL2 CoD didnt use those guys or even use the same engine for the ground is unknown to me, as IL2 guys did help them model wise for wings of Prey, they made the aircraft models for them.

Getting back to RoF, dam its crazy, the foker d1 has crazy lift and since no planes ave trim, its a never ending fight to keep things straight and level unless you use the level autopilot, I just have to figure out a good curve for my warthog so that I am not constantly fighting the aircraft.

Anyone got any good ideas for a decent pitch response curve for the warthog for RoF ?

I've experimented with curves for the last year. Now I use no curve but a slight shift of the Y axis for the faster boom n zoom planes to allow leveler flight.

For turn n burn planes it's best not to mess with it, a linear default curve will give you the edge in turnfighting to win the donut energy race contest. Accuracy near the centre rarely helps because most shots that save your life are taking when the stick is not center.

These are my warthog profiles for the planesets: http://www.oceanicwing.com/Forum/Main/index.php?topic=426.0

All else is default. Also I've reset my D7f rudder to default it's best.

Also - warthog stick is the best for this sim, it is so accurate once you get some hours in you'll see what I mean. Other sticks limited me.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

$2.99 per plane until the 26th. Good time for you guys to pick it up and join us in the skies over France

I am grabbing the Fokker E.III so I don't have a bloody biplane wing blocking my view :) Gonna grab one of those big bombers to for something different. Since I upgraded my PC, ROF is like a new sim. No more stutter!

Bah there will be another sale next year anyway...or christmass sales.

Argh! I will have to unplug my network cable!.. I keep buying every german plane they have to offer.. with no regard how to eat the coming month!

:helpsmilie:

Totally stutter free at:

RoF.jpg.7f780a556ad15d379fcf8596ef1f8abc.jpg

Edited by Pigmachine

They heard prayers.. store, and website down! :(

Yeah, it looks like Jason is reconsidering the current way of doing things, that's if I read it correctly between the lines from his post on Simhq. It's a little bit of a catch 22 though but when nobody is able to play your game because of someone else's fault it tends to make people sit up and take notice.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Heh, and I was about to go purchase. This is why I hate steam and any other verification scheme and prefer to buy retail copies.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Site and Auth server still down = no one can play game ... awesome

Please take note any other generic non specific software suppliers , single point of failure not good idea

Some sort of fall over redundancy is a good idea

Not true guys, it's only multiplayer/career mode you can't play if the server's down.

You can still play campaign, quick missions, single missions, and use the mission editor.

Besides, I can count the number of times it's crashed totally down over the last year when I've tried to play on one hand - and I fly multiplayer ROF every second day.

Yep' date=' it's their own homegrown engine called Digital Nature.[/quote']

And one hell of an engine!

Got ICE and I have to say its a pretty steep curve so far. Not sure if its just my joystick setup at this point or what. I can not keep the pipper on a target and the plane is so twitchy. Any advice?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Got ICE and I have to say its a pretty steep curve so far. Not sure if its just my joystick setup at this point or what. I can not keep the pipper on a target and the plane is so twitchy. Any advice?

Look at these input profiles and give them a try: http://www.oceanicwing.com/Forum/Mai...hp?topic=426.0

Also it takes practice, you are supposed to get really close before shooting and try and get into their plane of maneuver so you can shoot along the spine of their plane as you pull back.

You can fly with full realism, and still leave on subtitles + warmed up engines as they are still on for multiplayer servers. Full realism is not so difficult if you start with the planes below, and maybe navigation icons on.

Pick one plane only to start with it and master it first. The best starter planes to learn with full realism on are:

Albatros D.Va - has auto-mixture and easy handling, just set radiator to 60% open and away you go.

Pfalz D.IIIa - same applies as Albatros, but it turns tighter

Fokker D7f - same engine management as above, but an altitude throttle for above 2000m operations. Pretty easy to operate and a fast plane.

Sopwith Pup - no radiator, only mixture to set. BUT you must learn to handle the rotary forces, and the spins. Tightest turning plane in the game.

Generally the Allied planes are harder to use, and require different tactics but are just as good as the German planes once you get experienced.

You should also ensure your gunsights are lined up - checkout this video:

Good sale, I just bought the last three planes I wanted, one of them the E.III Eindecker, and wow what a nice surprise this plane was! I didnt know that about the "aileron" control how they worked on early planes, twisting the wing like that, a very cool new discovery for me. And it has no throttle control! Imagine my surprise LOL. Very cool plane. Wont be using it to fighting with I think, just to take up for a spin now and then :pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

I lowered my response curves and the plane is much more flyable now. I am still playing the demo right now. One of the available missions is to take out a 5 car convoy. I can not keep the pipper on them to save my life. Seems to always bob around sometimes when I press the trigger it lurches.

Can you explain the response grid to me? What does the center of the two axis represent? What does above and what does below center mean? I assume center is center. Going above the line is one direction of axis and going below line is other direction. Left and right is the % of full deflection?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Finally a WWI sim the looks as good as it plays! Bought 5 planes on the easter sale.. and I'm as happy as a kid locked in a candystore! Tried an offline 30 planes at once, and with full settings not a stutter!

Will Buy every additional content for my beloved Albatros D.II :pilotfly: