OT - SU-30MKI Top Knotch Performance Video

Just wanted to show you guys a great representation of the beauties to the Flanker, and especially the Su-30MKI, in this case.

Even after seeing video after video, and picture after picture, Watching another Flanker perform is still nothing short of amazing. I could never get tired of watching this magnificent machine seemingly defy the laws of gravity and aerodynamics, as it tumbles through the air.

http://www.flightlevel350.com/public_viewer.php?cat=132&pic=2738

On a side note, the Mirage 2000 is yet another beautiful machine. Its one sexy, nimble fighter!

http://www.flightlevel350.com/public_viewer.php?cat=132&pic=2739

And howabout another vi....you know what? Heck, here's a link to "Motomixer" (the guy who captured these videos) 's entire movie list. He has a pretty good variety of filmed airshows. I have been truly awed by the performance of the Russian aircraft, even with such large transports like the Tu-204 and the Antonov 70 (hint hint).

KuostASigcopy.png

> Watching another Flanker perform is still nothing short of amazing

I've only seen an Su-27 display in real life (UK) four times, but it's almost impossible to overstate how beautiful this family of aircraft are in reality, especially when moving (obviously :-). They have a "presence" which other aircraft just cannot match*. It has nothing to do with their offensive capability (that's about electronics not aerodynamics) and everything to do with an amazing triumph of design... art and technology meet in this airframe to dance in the skies.

Sorry, getting carried away <wipes techno-sentimental tear from eye ;->

Great footage by the way, thanks for the link. The crowd noise makes it better, making you feel as if you're actually there watching it in the crowd. I'd better go lie down in a darkened room for a while now until I've calmed down :-)

Andrew McP

*Ok, a Spitfire comes very close. Some shapes just look like they're moving even when they're not.

cant wait to got to MAKS 2005!

btw, because I'm doing the MIG-29 flight, I get vip treatment at the airshow, including seating on the good side of the runway ;)

I will take a camera.

btw, nice flanker vid. I hadnt seen that 1.

is this ok?

I've never seen that video before,truely amazing.I want advanced AFM for Su-27 now! :(

Eagle will have no chance :)

umbeliaveable.....how in the word he can do THAT !!! it must be a BUG in the FM :D he is cheating lol......

Man i love the SU familly and yes AFM to the su in the next projetc :)

BTW is just my impression or it is near to zero speedy an still turning his nose to where he want ?? :D

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Yes, the Su-30MKI and the out of service Su-37 utilize Thrust vectoring to drastically change their direction using sheer thrust at minimal speeds. They can be going at mach 1, Pull up, Bleed speed like a rock, and snap around 180 degrees in a completely new direction in moments.

KuostASigcopy.png

Yes, the Su-30MKI and the out of service Su-37 utilize Thrust vectoring to drastically change their direction using sheer thrust at minimal speeds. They can be going at mach 1, Pull up, Bleed speed like a rock, and snap around 180 degrees in a completely new direction in moments.

I know that Kusta :cool:

But its new to me this well........how i can say 360º Thrust vectoring to the Su-30MKI

if i remnber only the SU-37 have Thrust vectoring in all directions ( Horizontal and Vertical )

but im glad im wrong .. :D JUST gimme the Su lol i want it :rolleyes:

Another point in the video...but im not sure...in some moments the SU look like STOPED int the air and a litle after start climbing again...im not sure because of the camera angle.....but to me the F-15 was the only one whit a Thrust ratio lower then 1:1

Cya

EDITED: I was meaning Wheigth/Thrust so it is lower but i agree it apear a litle strange after read it again so....

here we go again the correct typo should be:

...but to me the F-15 was the only one whit a Thrust ratio HIGHER then 1:1

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Th 15 has a HIGHER than 1:1 TWR...where are you people getting your info?

As for the maneuverability of the MKI and 37, that dominance is over: The Raptor easily matches those maneuvers now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes, but the Raptor looks as ugly as an ugly fruit on national ugly day. Only its mother could love it ;-)

Andrew McP

I preferred the YF-23 myself ... but in the end run, it just has to win, it doesn't have to look good. And if looking good means losing all your stealth, then really, why would -want- to look good? No sense in trading stealth for looks - unless you like looking good when you're going down in flames ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest DeathAngelBR

Saying the Raptor can match the Su-30MKI's maneuverability... is like saying the Eagle can pull the cobra.

Th 15 has a HIGHER than 1:1 TWR...where are you people getting your info?

As for the maneuverability of the MKI and 37, that dominance is over: The Raptor easily matches those maneuvers now.

Hey relax GG it was just a bad typo..... :cool: the post was edited look to it...

and for maneuverability of the raptor....welll till i cant see it doing the SU still leading :)

but if the SU cant find the raptor this isnt make any differency isnt ?

Cya

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Saying the Raptor can match the Su-30MKI's maneuverability... is like saying the Eagle can pull the cobra.

Do you even know why it -doesn't-? Do you? It certainly isn't an airframe limitation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GG, hates the insane manuvers of the flankers, always the first to bring up how the F-22 will sneak up and shoot them down when people praise the awesome DISPLAY's of the Su's.

I am curious to know where you get the info that the Raptor can perform the same or better. The only vids I seen have some basic stalls and slides performed at 20-30,000ft.

Who cares anyway. These planes rock.

is this ok?

Who cares anyway. These planes rock.

I always say there are two conversations. One is about relative capability as killing machines. I care little for that, even though you can argue that as these *are* killing machines it's the only thing that matters. But then if we're going to measure killing capability I'll choose an S-300 missile battery every time.... and they definitely can't do a backflip.

The converstaion I prefer is about these aircraft as, essentially, aerial sports cars. Hanging the back end out as you round a bend doesn't mean you're the best or fastest driver, but you do get plenty of marks for style and excitement.

There's also a school of design thought which says that things which *look* right, are right. And the Flanker line of aircraft look very right indeed. IMO anyway :-)

Andrew McP

PS Have fun at MAKS.... should make a great movie! I suspect by the time I can afford an Su-27 flight I'll be too old and the planes will be far too rusty :-)

• Like 1

Is it me… or the Mirage aerial display looks crappy after the Flanker series?

As for the maneuverability of the MKI and 37, that dominance is over: The Raptor easily matches those maneuvers now. - GGTharos

Got any proof to back up the claim?

LomacBanner.gif

Guest DeathAngelBR

The Flanker may never see the Raptor... as it may never enter service if it keeps crashing :icon_roll :biggrin:

Hey, Tharos... when are you actually going to prove any of your claims? Or you still think the AMRAAM is better than the R-77 because "you heard so"? :icon_roll

how i can say 360º Thrust vectoring to the Su-30MKI

if i remnber only the SU-37 have Thrust vectoring in all directions ( Horizontal and Vertical )

Actually, Though both the Su-37 and 30MKI have Thrust vectoring, only the Su30MKI has the nozzles that are able to swivel in all directions, 360 degrees. The Su-37's can only move through verticle and horizontal axis's.

The Flanker may never see the Raptor...as it may never enter service if it keeps crashing

To my knowledge, there have only been 2 flanker losses, in addition to a third that landed with its gear up, at airshows. Of the 2 true crashes, the Su-30MKI crashed when the plane performed an extra roll then planned as it neared the ground and was unable to pull out before its engine nozzles scrapped the ground, and the second was a renown crash with many pictures on the net as the Su-27 plunged and cartwheeled into the crowd. The flanker that landed with its gear up, was easily repaired and put back into service.

cant wait to got to MAKS 2005!

btw, because I'm doing the MIG-29 flight, I get vip treatment at the airshow, including seating on the good side of the runway

How the Heck?! :)

..And to Andrew, your replies are very well put. Some things I just couldnt have said better.

KuostASigcopy.png

Can the Su-30MK1 be considered a next-generation aircraft? Im not sure about that, but im sure the Raptor is. Thus I find it normal that it can beat the Flanker. Assuming my assumption is correct I can say that comparing Raptor and Flanker, is like comparing an F-4 Phamtom with a P-51 Mustang....

By the way, anyone knows if the Su-47 (S-37) will enter in service?

First of all, being a "next-generation" fighter relevant to another doesnt automatically mean that the next generation plane is always better at all. There is way more to it than that. Second, the Su-30MKI is a next-generation aicraft, that will continue to fight into the same era as the F-22. The Su-30MKI is the newest and most modern of the Flanker series, and is constantly being upgraded from its systems to its engines, as it is exported to other countries like India and Taiwan.

--

No, The S-37 Berkut will not enter service as a full production fighter of any sort. It is a pure experimental aircraft to reach out and explore new aerodynamic and cockpit system technology. You can consider it Russia’s version of the X-29.

KuostASigcopy.png

Guest DeathAngelBR
To my knowledge, there have only been 2 flanker losses, in addition to a third that landed with its gear up, at airshows. Of the 2 true crashes, the Su-30MKI crashed when the plane performed an extra roll then planned as it neared the ground and was unable to pull out before its engine nozzles scrapped the ground, and the second was a renown crash with many pictures on the net as the Su-27 plunged and cartwheeled into the crowd. The flanker that landed with its gear up, was easily repaired and put back into service.

I meant the F-22. The Su-30MKI is in service already, you know...

As for the Flanker, there have been plenty of crashes. Look for chinese reports about their Su-27SK's.

Guest DeathAngelBR
No, The S-37 Berkut will not enter service as a full production fighter of any sort. It is a pure experimental aircraft to reach out and explore new aerodynamic and cockpit system technology. You can consider it Russia’s version of the X-29.

The Berkut WILL enter service, just not on its FSW concept. There are some pictures that look like an F-22, with LERX and 8 BVR missiles instead of 6.