Work-in-Progress: G940 Axis reversal bug home-made correction

I´ve succesfully built a C++ program that uses the Logitech API plus LO:FC2 import functions to eliminate the most annoying axis reversal bug from my G940, in a very similar concept to and thanks to the inspiration of Mikkowl´s IL2 program.

Currently the program corrects the reversal bug on the throttles, joystick, and rudder. As I´ve not implemented response curves rudder is better left unaffected because it becomes too sensitive. I don´t use rotaries, but it would be very simple to implement those as well.

It´s been 2 weeks of a lot of trial and error since I´m not a C++ programmer plus I had to solve a myriad of problems to make sure it works under most normal and not-so-normal circumstances.

I´m considering releasing it to the community, which would demand a build from scratch since my code is far from being optimized and completely hard-coded. Also a big mess :)

If someone would be interested in beta-testing this new build, please let me know, as that would be tremendously helpful to identify potential compatibility issues. I´d like to have a test at least in Win XP, Win Vista and Win 7 (I developed in Win 7 x64).

Also if you are interested in using this and/or have any special request please let me know, of course this is done in my free time and motivation is always welcome!

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Salute!

Thanks for your work! I have a G940, I can test it on my machine.

AMD Phenom II, Win7 x64. DCS BS and FC2 installed :) (I hope it will works with both sim :) )

Unfortunately I don't have a much time to fly, but if you need a tester, I can make trials in my freetime!

And I have a few programmer colleague, so if you need something, maybe they can help :)

Br,

Dummy

Edited by DummyBoy

• 1 month later...

I'd also be very intrested.

W7 x64

LockOn, IL2, ROF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• 3 weeks later...

me too....thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I would be very interested in testing your reversal bug fix program. I'm flying the IL2 1946 sim in win7x64 pro

Just so you know, I haven't received any reply from the supposed creator of this program, so either he was lying or he's just disappeared completely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just so you know, I haven't received any reply from the supposed creator of this program, so either he was lying or he's just disappeared completely.

]

Re: G940 "reversal bug" -- is it a hardware or software problem?

So, I'd like to share what's been happening recently.

First of all, I know this has taken a long time, but I've gotten traction on this. We've pulled together a team of engineers off of some future products and they've been retasked with hammering on this as a top priority. The team lead on this project is actually an engineer I worked very closely on to resolve firmware issues with the F series gamepads, so I'm quite confident we'll get something figured out.

I've also been cleared by the powers that be to share anything that is found. So, I'll keep as much information flowing to you guys as possible. I haven't gotten an update from the engineers in the past couple days, but the next time I hear something I'll post it here.

Again, I know it's taken a long time, but things are moving forward.

I haven't received a reply too but it seems that that we are close to a solution to our problems!

I haven't received a reply too but it seems that that we are close to a solution to our problems!

Yeah, I'm very excited about this and am remaining optimistic about the fix, even if certain other users have become jaded, which is understandable for those who had it since it's release. I only recently purchased the g940 so I still have hope, even though I bought it knowing fully the problems it suffered from and just hoped they would be solved, and it seems this is the case, atleast for the reversal bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5.10 profiler is available at ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe

Appears to solve the reversal problem and center slop issue.

Make sure you install the firmware update you'll find at

C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\FW\G940_Updater.exe

if you haven't already.

I have already installed the 5.10, but the bug is still there (perhaps that’s why the profiler isn't in the g940 support page)

No offense intended and really, I thought the G940 was quality, but I returned mine before 30 days because the stick just didn't have enough buttons for one, but for two, I just couldn't see where the FFB was adding to anything above what I was already using.

I mean, how much does/should, even, FFB add? Is FFB even a real-life experience with most of the aircraft simulated these days? Seriously, the things I have in my basement - buttkicker gamer, some 3D headphones with 'shake' (can't remember the brand), and other 'stuff'.

The G940, IMHO misses the mark in several areas. Really, I am going to forego FFB from now one until I KNOW for sure that everything else is in place. That includes of course, my entertainment setup, the game (hopefully a MechWarrior game) and also my own environment.

Not that I have given up on FFB, I just think a lot of 'other' factors come into play in order for it to really work for you.

I will say that with buttkicker, 'shaking 3D headphones', great hotas or FFB steering wheel, not to mention other 'stuff' like touch screens/TouchBuddy etc., TrackIR, man, this stuff is getting good.

Still, a FFB stick is not adding much right now. Until they make FFB sticks an advantage (right now the shaking is so inaccurate) that enhances my ability to get the job done, I am going to stick to these precision solutions we currently have (Cougar, Hog).

Edited by Slammin

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

5.10 profiler is available at ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe

Appears to solve the reversal problem and center slop issue.

Make sure you install the firmware update you'll find at

C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\FW\G940_Updater.exe

if you haven't already.

The bugs are still there because 5.10 was primarily to fix problems with other controllers after 5.09. The firmware and other fixes, nothing related to the reversal bug since they only mentioned a week ago that they were working on it, came in 5.09. Thanks for making people happy with nothing :thumbup:

I've got 99 problems but my Ekran ain't one

No offense intended and really, I thought the G940 was quality, but I returned mine before 30 days because the stick just didn't have enough buttons for one, but for two, I just couldn't see where the FFB was adding to anything above what I was already using.

I mean, how much does/should, even, FFB add? Is FFB even a real-life experience with most of the aircraft simulated these days? Seriously, the things I have in my basement - buttkicker gamer, some 3D headphones with 'shake' (can't remember the brand), and other 'stuff'.

The G940, IMHO misses the mark in several areas. Really, I am going to forego FFB from now one until I KNOW for sure that everything else is in place. That includes of course, my entertainment setup, the game (hopefully a MechWarrior game) and also my own environment.

Not that I have given up on FFB, I just think a lot of 'other' factors come into play in order for it to really work for you.

I will say that with buttkicker, 'shaking 3D headphones', great hotas or FFB steering wheel, not to mention other 'stuff' like touch screens/TouchBuddy etc., TrackIR, man, this stuff is getting good.

Still, a FFB stick is not adding much right now. Until they make FFB sticks an advantage (right now the shaking is so inaccurate) that enhances my ability to get the job done, I am going to stick to these precision solutions we currently have (Cougar, Hog).

That's your choice, some people go for ffb some dont. I know for me personally, with what this stick can do with ffb, atleast in fixed wing aircraft, like relieving stick pressure when trimming, stick shaking when approaching stalls, these two features justify the ffb for me, I wouldn't fly without them given the option. The quality of the ffb is dependent on the simulator developers. It's true that the stick has problems, r1 and r2 spiking which is a warranty job, and reversal bug, which is being looked at. For me I am willing to wait for the reversal fix, but then I'm alot more patient than most people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]