Free face tracking - No lamps, reflexes or anything - that WORKS!

Awesome post SilverOne. These are the kind of step-by-step guides we need.

Is anyone using FaceTrackNoir v1.6 with BS2? The software is tracking, and in BS2 control options it is showing a headtracker. But I'm getting no response when in game.

hmhmh, does it work with v1.5? are you sure tirviews.dll is enabled?

I don't have BS2. also, i run with dummy track ir .exe off in the tirviews.dll settings.

also do "tune axis" and see if it's actually working.

Edited by SilverOne

[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post.

As you say its the stationary or near stationary wobble that is the main issue with FTNoIR if that could be addressed it would be a big step forward because pause/unpause doesn't cut it.

What you can do to help though is loose the zoom axis (or increase its deadzone) for FTNoIR and map that elsewhere.

TrackIR doesn't really have the wobble problem, though its not perfect either it can lose tracking from time to time (solved by a re-center Hotas mapped button).

here you go:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1967866694/facetracknoir.zip

Thank you very much!

I can't fin camera settings... Where are they?

under the options on "tracker source" the reason why i'm warning about this is because i customized them to fit my environment.

Great post.

As you say its the stationary or near stationary wobble that is the main issue with FTNoIR if that could be addressed it would be a big step forward because pause/unpause doesn't cut it.

What you can do to help though is loose the zoom axis (or increase its deadzone) for FTNoIR and map that elsewhere.

TrackIR doesn't really have the wobble problem, though its not perfect either it can lose tracking from time to time (solved by a re-center Hotas mapped button).

Yes that's kinda what i did, but i kept the zoom active just in case. i take it you bought a track ir?

[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, I'm really interrested in this but I'm not sure how to make it work. I downloaded FaceTrackNoIR version 1.6 but I can't make it work in DCS. The FaceTrackNoIR seems to run fine, I got 25-30 FPS and it seems to track the movements of my head really nicely but when I run DCS it doesn't do anything. I also downloaded the Eagle Dynamics API interface DLL's (64bit) and used the DCS preset that is included there (freetrack game profile). When I run Gui I see the "headtracker" column there in control options but in game it doesn't move the camera at all. But in GUI when I try axis tune I see movement there. It just doesn't move in game. Any ideas ?

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Just go here

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

and download Eagle Dynamics API interface DLL and FaceTrackNoIR. FaceAPI is a part of the instalation I guess. After installing these two things FaceTrackNoIR works fine on my computer. But I'm having trouble getting it work in game. I wonder if it will work on your computer.

btw it seems i have the same problem as :

Is anyone using FaceTrackNoir v1.6 with BS2? The software is tracking, and in BS2 control options it is showing a headtracker. But I'm getting no response when in game.

I wonder if ryan found a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Just go here

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm

and download Eagle Dynamics API interface DLL and FaceTrackNoIR. FaceAPI is a part of the instalation I guess. After installing these two things FaceTrackNoIR works fine on my computer. But I'm having trouble getting it work in game. I wonder if it will work on your computer

That is where I got my version, but when i turn the program on I cannot see myself in the camera.. I choose the FaceAPI protocol, but nothing happens..

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

That is where I got my version, but when i turn the program on I cannot see myself in the camera.. I choose the FaceAPI protocol, but nothing happens..

Thats weird. It worked on my computer just fine. Did you download the 1.60 version ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, it works now - at least the FaceTrackNoIR, but there is no effect whatsoever in the game. I get a steady framerate of 30, I installed the 1.6 with the small ED fix, I load the A-10.ini file.. I even have this virtual something in the options set. But nothing happening in-game... Actually it is exactly the same problem that you have, lanmacz.. anyone has any ideas?

Edited by baltic_dragon

OK, it works now - at least the FaceTrackNoIR, but there is no effect whatsoever in the game. I get a steady framerate of 30, I installed the 1.6 with the small ED fix, I load the A-10.ini file.. I even have this virtual something in the options set. But nothing happening in-game...

Yup, same here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, I'm really interrested in this but I'm not sure how to make it work. I downloaded FaceTrackNoIR version 1.6 but I can't make it work in DCS. The FaceTrackNoIR seems to run fine, I got 25-30 FPS and it seems to track the movements of my head really nicely but when I run DCS it doesn't do anything. I also downloaded the Eagle Dynamics API interface DLL's (64bit) and used the DCS preset that is included there (freetrack game profile). When I run Gui I see the "headtracker" column there in control options but in game it doesn't move the camera at all. But in GUI when I try axis tune I see movement there. It just doesn't move in game. Any ideas ?

Same problem here.

A Squadron mate of mine uses it and it works. Gona ask him this evening if he's online.

image.png

Solved - you have to put the DLL in a new folder "DCS\bin\headtracker". That's the trick. It works now.

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To get it straight - in the path where I have my A10 installed, right? So say: D:/Games/A-10/bin/headtracker folder, right?

yup : D:/Games/A-10/bin/headtracker/HeadTracker.dll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instructions for 64Bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium

1-Install PPjoy 0.8.4.6 as shown at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScuYfagMixU but do not deactivate Windows Test Mode or you won't be able to run and configure PPJoy.

2-In PPJoy create a virtual joystick and set it like this:

ppjoy1.jpg ppjoy2.jpg ppjoy3.jpg

3-Install the faceAPI

4-Install FaceTrackNoIR v130 and Update5. Ste "Face API" as Tracker Source and "Virtual Joystick" as Game protocol.

Check the "Invert" fields as shown, don't pay attention to the numeric values now.

ftnoir.jpg

5-Start DCS A-10C and you should see the new joystick.

CLEAR every field in PPjoy column and set the axis as shown here:

a10ce.jpg

At this point you can use your head. :)

Tip: to tweak your settings, run A-10C in a window, not full screen.

This way it is easier to change the settings in FaceTrackNoIR while you fly.

I hope this can help! :joystick:

I did everything here + added the dll to DCS/bin/ and bin/headtracking folder

I get no head movement at all. Should anything be bound under the headtracking axis in the control setup ? I feel like I'm missing something. I also did not do 1.3 then patch to 1.4 I just installed 1.6 beta could that be a issue ?

Running win7 and DCS 64-bit. I deleted EVERYTHING under ppjoy bindings everywhere but the Absolute camera axis. Been trying to set this up for hours please someone help me out :(

More notes:

Installed CLeye

Installed API

Installed ED DLL and placed accodingly

Installed NOIR 1.6

Set INI to DCS

Set API as TS

Set VJ as Prtlcl

Bound ONLY absolute camera angles

Using PS3 Eye

Newest version of DCS

Did NOT edit any files in any folders (including dll.ini)

Getting NO camera movement but Notrack detects my face fine

Edited by DiabolicActual

Well, FacetrackNOIR works for me, except for the fact, that even If I sit still and don't move my head at all, it still acts as if I were looking around.. is there any way to change the sensitivity? Currently I am unable to hit almost any buttons or switches, or I manage to do it on 4th or 5th go, which kind of misses the point... is there any way to calibrate it or at least stop it from moving frantically?

You have to use smoothing and EWMA filter. My settings that work good enough for me are folowing (see pictures in attachement). I use these at my laptop, at my home computer I use FreeTrack. I can really recomment to you to try FreeTrack. Look here :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1383699&postcount=28

With 15€ worth of stuff you can make yourself FreeTrack gear that works MUCH better than FaceTrackNoIR.

FaceTrackNoIR-1.jpg.78be38341209a58262c3d0a088f4fa16.jpg

FaceTrackNoIR-2.jpg.7a35e90247bea7e41072d133ddb59eae.jpg

FaceTrackNoIR-3.jpg.acff8faecd5499901a8a0c8205b9e555.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I still don't see how this thing works, I bought a Microsoft HD3000 webcam and that works fine but when I turn on FaceTrackNoIr i don't see my face being tracked.

I am trying to get this to work in IL2 first

Is there an .ini file for P-51 too?

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90244_1.gif[/sIGPIC]Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on OCZ SSD, (AM3)AMD955BE x4 3.2GHz - GPU AMD6950 x2Gb - 16Gb Ripjaw G-Skill DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz

https://www.facebook.com/#!/FerociousFrankie