SCSimulation's Helios

That sucks. Post got lost.

I will buy this setup when its ready, That is for sure. I hate having to zoom into my shkval and abris to see stuff losing all situational awareness.

My problem with virtual pits is the duplication of gauges. Is it possible to remove the cockpit from the forward view? Or better yet, keep it but remove the duplicate gauges. Keep the cyclic, collective, pedals, and structure of the cockpit, but remove all gauges that are also on the touch screens. That way the obstructions of the cockpit are present but the gauges are not there. Will this be easily expandable? I will not be able to afford 3 screens at once, but would like to start with one and build up. I assume also that as in BS multi setups, I do not need all monitors connected to one graphics card.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Is IPad functionality a possiblity down the line?

The possibility has crossed our minds....but thats definately something that will be looked at after initial release.

That sucks. Post got lost.

I will buy this setup when its ready, That is for sure. I hate having to zoom into my shkval and abris to see stuff losing all situational awareness.

My problem with virtual pits is the duplication of gauges. Is it possible to remove the cockpit from the forward view? Or better yet, keep it but remove the duplicate gauges. Keep the cyclic, collective, pedals, and structure of the cockpit, but remove all gauges that are also on the touch screens. That way the obstructions of the cockpit are present but the gauges are not there. Will this be easily expandable? I will not be able to afford 3 screens at once, but would like to start with one and build up. I assume also that as in BS multi setups, I do not need all monitors connected to one graphics card.

We are talking about the new cockpit now, and not Helios. But certainly. You can start with one monitor, and add as many monitors as you have VGA/DVI ports for on your PC! You can expand the number of monitors at your own pace.

As far as removing the cockpit in Blackshark, I believe there is a way to get a HUD only view, but I never got too much into Blackshark, so not sure of the Keystroke. (L-ALT + F1 seems to come to mind for some reason...but don't quote me on that.)

I would think that each of those gauges is a linked image placed into the pit with a linked needle also placed into position with code. So, removing the lines of code in the lua file or whatever to not place those gauges seems like all that should be needed. However not sure if that would mess up the helios pit stuff. Or, is there a way to put the gauges "behind" the pit structure. Probably a lot harder than it seems.

Does this work in conjunction with touchbuddy, or is it a complete software that places the gauges and has the touchscreen software all self contained?

I am trying to think where I can put this new pit I have to build. Current custom computer desk will obviously not work. And I have no room in my computer room for any more furniture. 8' computer desk, and my wifes 6' computer desk take up all the space. I do have an alcove in my bedroom. Sure the wife would love me flying around at all hours of the night. :) Is the pit in the video for sale as a kit? Not the screens, just the structure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Does this work in conjunction with touchbuddy, or is it a complete software that places the gauges and has the touchscreen software all self contained?

It is a complete a self contained system which has gauge rendering and touch screen controls.

We don't want to flood ED's forums with to much chatter here. It would probably be best if we moved the discussion to the scsimulations forums. We don't want to out live welcome on these boards nor force people who are not interested to wade through it.

Edited by Gadroc

I don't think that's a problem Gadroc... people are curious about a cool pit setup in the appropriate forum. I'd say carry on!

Cool lookin thing, I like the concept of a touchscreen pit that doesn't rely on thousands of dollars worth of fiddly buttons and switches. Practical.

I don't think that's a problem Gadroc... people are curious about a cool pit setup in the appropriate forum. I'd say carry on!

Cool lookin thing, I like the concept of a touchscreen pit that doesn't rely on thousands of dollars worth of fiddly buttons and switches. Practical.

I agree, I think you guys are perfectly welcome here, but I understand your concern...

Looks like a brilliant solution for those who want a compact solution without the need for building a large, expensive pit. I think it will be awesome for the A-10C.

I'll be watching with eager interest!

One question: Have you factored in the new TM Warthog when designing the side panels?

I'm doing all the fabrication, and the pit you see in my video is the first one( The Universal Modular Cockpit (U.M.C). I'm still working on separating the monitor mount so it will be possible to ship. It is all steel and will be powder coated to any color desired. The stick mounts will be universal for the cougar, Warthog, Saitek, etc, and will be 100 percent adjustable vertical/horizontal. The Aces seats come pre-built and shipped in 2 boxes. I have the F-16 finished , and the A-10 will be here next week.

I was actually at Home Depot buying some MDF, and I lowered a sheet off the high rail onto the wood cart. The first one was fine, but the second sheet gave me a second degree sprain in my neck. It hurts like He$$ and I will take it easy for a few days!:doh:

Edited by Flim

I'm doing all the fabrication, and the pit you see in my video is the first one( official name is "The OCTOPUS"). I'm still working on separating the monitor mount so it will be possible to ship. It is all steel and will be powder coated to any color desired. The stick mounts will be universal for the cougar, Warthog, Saitek, etc, and will be 100 percent adjustable vertical/horizontal. The Aces seats come pre-built and shipped in 2 boxes. I have the F-16 finished , and the A-10 will be here next week.

Awesome :D

I was actually at Home Depot buying some MDF, and I lowered a sheet off the high rail onto the wood cart. The first one was fine, but the second sheet gave me a second degree sprain in my neck. It hurts like He$$ and I will take it easy for a few days!:doh:

Ouch!!! That sounds painful. Take it easy :thumbup:

This Looks and sounds great! Well FPS take a big hit with all the extra rendering going on? No matter the answer I will keep my eye on this one. Keep up the good work.

Hammer97 / Hendo97

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Intel®I7 950, 3.06 Mhz, 4 Core(s)/

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit/ Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB/ HD 6870 1GB DDR5/ 750w PSU/T IR 4/TH Warthog

Yes, the goal is to make it affordable!!

Currently , we are building in the Flacon interface and plan on moving to the DCS A-10 interface next. I have been pretty sick this last week and have not had time to finish some art work. I plan on a full ramp start video soon of the f-16.

That is simply amazing.

How adjustable is the cockpit frame? I have a g940 and using a center stick like the A10 setup, the frame has a small disc for center stick. How can that work? Would I need to make something to work? How much is just the frame?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Ya, the center mount is for the Warthog as well as the side mounts "side mounts are more universal when used as a side stick setup". A g940 for a center stick would need a special mounting plate, which I could do, but would be an extra charge. The 940 would be fine mounted as a side stick with the current side mount.

Edited by Flim

This is a top looking product, really great work

I hope to get my hands on at least helios one day!

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, really interested in this!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders