PCG Article

Prophet4no1

Yeah looks great, they are catching up. I would love to fly the Su35 and in that cockpit :D If you see my post page 3 I wrote that it isnt very likely we will see this as a DCS module soon. I hope I am wrong about that.

Sticky, i m with you...

If DCS has a good physic engine then we will be able to see such, but don t expect to see fidelity in systems capacity and operation, would be a Franckeisntein DCS/LO

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

That made no sense what so ever.

Yeah I know :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

That made no sense what so ever.

As if filosofy would make sense in the heat of a combat.

But what you re saying is that the american can deal with heavy human and material losses and they ll win in the end.

If such was the case why do they reshearch as mad to have top notch tech?

They would have done like the russian in the 60/70 a pletora of underdogs to win by the numbers.

Counting on number over training and tech is always dangerous. Loosing 5 to 2 is too high a loss it could open a breach in a front that have the risk too demand a lot of efforts to be stabilized.

Edited by Succellus

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Wow, thats crazy! Good thing they made it.

Everyone who has ever used a computer knows crazy random **** can and WILL happen :D Does this mean we should all stop using computers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Imagine the dialogue of a pilot of a blind, death and mute stealth fighter undetected by radar, over the sea:

ATC: What do you see?

Pilot: Water .... all around.... only water !!

ATC: .... Ok when you run bingo, scream ...:D

Edited by Succellus

Yeah you are right, thats insane, so lets stop using computers in our planes ;) Give her some slack, she is only five years old :)

Edit: She was two years old when that article was written, not five.

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow, thats crazy! Good thing they made it.

Everyone who has ever used a computer knows crazy random **** can and WILL happen :D Does this mean we should all stop using computers?

No, but imagine your on combat defending your country from an ongoing invasion, you know you have the best equipment, but only one chance to stop massive damage and suddenly half your vectors go CTD, followed by a BSOD:smilewink:....by corrupted data spreading via datalink.

Later on you discover it was caused by a easter egg cause a engeneer was willing to see if he could play PAC-MAN with the microstick :D

Edited by Succellus

Yeah you are right, thats insane, so lets stop using computers in our planes ;) Give her some slack, she is only five years old :)

Edit: She was two years old when that article was written, not five.

Hey i was just joking!!:( Ok, being sarcastic...

I am not an expert but I expect they have thought about that type of attacks, otherwise they would be idiots LOL I dont expect them to remove the datalinks and computers from modern combat aircraft. Like I said, I am no expert, and its time for me to eject from this thread, its very late here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing weird in liking and preferring the hardware produced in one's own country. I'm not exactly a nationalist or patriot myself, but I still have a very strong emotional attachement to the hardware that my country has produced. (Even if it is kinda crappy in some respects.)

Emotional attachements matter, even though we often pretend they don't. ;)

Ethereal, I'm not really sure you understood my remark.

The guy is comparing carrots with cucumbers and saying he prefers carrots because they were grown in USA.

Now if he compared carrots grown in Russia and carrots grown in USA, that comparison would be alright with me.

...well someone has to move the mud!!!

Imagine the dialogue of a pilot of a blind, death and mute stealth fighter undetected by radar, over the sea:

ATC: What do you see?

Pilot: Water .... all around.... only water !!

ATC: .... Ok when you run bingo, scream ...:D

Well, they should be able to drop their gear and appear on radar, but I'm not a RCS expert by any means at all.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I've often heard interviews where the pilot says he would, by far, rather go up against a "newbie" in the latest and greatest fighter aircraft, than an "ace", flying something ancient.

It's funny--I used to have a problem flying non-US hardware (or driving--submarine). I felt like, guilty or something. I always thought--"who would want to be on the GERMAN side in a WWII game??" I would have felt guilty if I had chosen the German side in a WWII first person shooter. As the years have gone by, and my interest and study of WWII have increased, I no longer have this problem, or guilty feeling, and can look at either side, german, us, russian, british, etc. from a more universal "human" standpoint. Just an hour ago I was sneaking around the East coast of England in my Type VII U-Boat. I love it!

As far as aircraft go--the Su-25 advanced flight model was like love at first sight. It felt, for the first time, like something really close to what real flight might be like. I started to appreciated the, for lack of a better word, "solidness" of the russian aircraft. I can only compare it to the following analogy: if you've only been used to driving american/japanese cars, and then get to drive say, a BMW.

I'm NOT saying that the BMW will win a fight against a Corvette--though I imagine even a 1977 Chevette would win against a Ferrari, provided the right driver. It's just a different "feel". Then again, this could just be my love affair with the advanced flight model--and perhaps I"ll notice this solid feeling when flying the A-10A. We'll see!

An AMRAAM is probably hard for a WWII plane to defeat, even if a "newbie" pushed the fire button.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's funny--I used to have a problem flying non-US hardware (or driving--submarine). I felt like, guilty or something. I always thought--"who would want to be on the GERMAN side in a WWII game??" I would have felt guilty if I had chosen the German side in a WWII first person shooter. As the years have gone by, and my interest and study of WWII have increased, I no longer have this problem, or guilty feeling, and can look at either side, german, us, russian, british, etc. from a more universal "human" standpoint. Just an hour ago I was sneaking around the East coast of England in my Type VII U-Boat. I love it!

As far as aircraft go--the Su-25 advanced flight model was like love at first sight. It felt, for the first time, like something really close to what real flight might be like. I started to appreciated the, for lack of a better word, "solidness" of the russian aircraft. I can only compare it to the following analogy: if you've only been used to driving american/japanese cars, and then get to drive say, a BMW.

I'm NOT saying that the BMW will win a fight against a Corvette--though I imagine even a 1977 Chevette would win against a Ferrari, provided the right driver. It's just a different "feel". Then again, this could just be my love affair with the advanced flight model--and perhaps I"ll notice this solid feeling when flying the A-10A. We'll see!

Nice post.. I enjoyed reading ;)

An AMRAAM is probably hard for a WWII plane to defeat, even if a "newbie" pushed the fire button.

Or in the case of air quakers I see on the FC2 servers, 6 Slammers ripple fired at a single target. :doh:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

More likely it was caused by an F-22 or F-35, but you might not realize this as your PAK-FA or Su-35 falls out of the sky ;)

All things considered, the F-22 went through its growing pains and has proven itself to be combat capable. Russia's Su-35's aren't even in service yet, IIRC, but I haven't kept up.

No, but imagine your on combat defending your country from an ongoing invasion, you know you have the best equipment, but only one chance to stop massive damage and suddenly half your vectors go CTD, followed by a BSOD:smilewink:....by corrupted data spreading via datalink.

Later on you discover it was caused by a easter egg cause a engeneer was willing to see if he could play PAC-MAN with the microstick :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

More likely it was caused by an F-22 or F-35, but you might not realize this as your PAK-FA or Su-35 falls out of the sky ;)

All things considered, the F-22 went through its growing pains and has proven itself to be combat capable. Russia's Su-35's aren't even in service yet, IIRC, but I haven't kept up.

Well, the cyber-warfare scenario is no dream of the future any more. Think stuxnet. I know that plane avionics don't run under windows, but still :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Quite so; in fact this sort of 'cyber warfare' is allegedly being planned for, and it isn't as if it hasn't been done before either, albeit through slightly different means (Russian gas pipeline explosion anyone?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

AFAIK they are but in very small numbers. And they are more concentrated as Export as Russian are focusing on T-50.

I don t see a f-whatever (or any plane of any country) spreading viruses via airway. I would guess a plane would be built only for that end, in some future.

More probably the virus is already in the system and from the ground end of things. And most probably from (not so) friendly side.

Like pulling the eject handle and when nothing happen you remark a paper indicating the system guarantee has been voided its been 6 month and a revision is necessary asap.

Yes and no; the F-22 and F-35 both have such a capability. Whether it can be practically used, who the heck knows (and in what manner, no less. I'd imagine TBH you can't really hack a plane or SAM on an indivdual basis).

But realize that those AESAs are already capable of acting as glorified, gigabit wifi hotspots as is, so ;)

I don t see a f-whatever (or any plane of any country) spreading viruses via airway. I would guess a plane would be built only for that end, in some future.

More probably the virus is already in the system and from the ground end of things. And most probably from (not so) friendly side.

Like pulling the eject handle and when nothing happen you remark a paper indicating the system guarantee has been voided its been 6 month and a revision is necessary asap.

More like your radar/ISR failing but yeah.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]