"Lock On Gold" Edition-possible F.C. ripoff:

my understanding is that it's LOMAC 1.02, but they cut and paste the 1.1 info onto the EB games screen. Legal product, wrong discription.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

According to my sources at both Eagle and Ubi, it is not V1.1. Someone from Ubi cut a deal with Evolved to do a budget version of Lock On. Someone at either Evolved or EB thought they had the rights to V1.1 FC and copied the text and screenshots from Eagle's site. They do not have the rights to V1.1 Flaming Cliffs. TFC/ED is aware of this situation.

Without V1.1 I fail to see how they could call it "Gold".

Someone at either Evolved or EB thought they had the rights to V1.1 FC and copied the text and screenshots from Eagle's site.

Hehe.they thought they had the right to FC? Rather unusual for a company like that to show this kind of lack in quality managment.

I hope this version is upgradable to 1.1 so ED can make some deserved profit on it.

rgds

Viking

• 2 months later...
According to my sources at both Eagle and Ubi, it is not V1.1. Someone from Ubi cut a deal with Evolved to do a budget version of Lock On. Someone at either Evolved or EB thought they had the rights to V1.1 FC and copied the text and screenshots from Eagle's site. They do not have the rights to V1.1 Flaming Cliffs. TFC/ED is aware of this situation.

Without V1.1 I fail to see how they could call it "Gold".

It now appears that my sources were mistaken or some kind of a deal was worked out after this product was first made public on the net. Until I have a logical explanation from someone in the know I just can't say for certain what the story is regarding this Gold product.

The publisher of Lock On Gold is EvolvedGames. A quick search find Evolved Games only has 3 games in their product line, and Lock On Gold is not one of them. From the limited screen shot of them, the graphics look dated. The most interesting thing is, the later new update on their website is on Feb 4, 2005. Their domain is register to Michael Bellhorn who used to work at Moby as a QA officer.

Here is the detail...

evolvedgames.com

Michael Bellhorn

800 E. Broward Blvd.

Suite 610

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

US

+1.9547678383

The publisher of Lock On Gold is EvolvedGames. A quick search find Evolved Games only has 3 games in their product line, and Lock On Gold is not one of them. From the limited screen shot of them, the graphics look dated. The most interesting thing is, the later new update on their website is on Feb 4, 2005. Their domain is register to Michael Bellhorn who used to work at Moby as a QA officer.

Here is the detail...

evolvedgames.com

Michael Bellhorn

800 E. Broward Blvd.

Suite 610

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

US

+1.9547678383

Evolved is the former Xicat.