Where to buy HOTAS Warthog in Australia?

Anyone know? Google search brings up zilch. No-one has it for pre-order. Those places in U.S that I can find to pre-order will ship it - for USD$152.

Amazon dot co dot uk won't ship it at all.

The strength (over 1 USD soon!) of the Aussie dollar ATM is making this look very attractive, but I can't find it anywhere.

TM don't have any distributers listed for Oz either.

We have the same problem in Canada. Right now, it's impossible to find, other than that one place in the US which seems to be taking loads of pre-orders. It's unclear as to when they'll actually be able to fulfill the orders. In Canada we would pay close to $100 for shipping alone even though in some places we're closer than many continental US addresses.

Ask these guys: http://www.flightsimstore.com/ they're very helpful

If not, try www.simw.com ... it's in Euro, but will still be cheaper.

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I also asked PC Case Gear. Their response was that they had no ETA as yet, but will likely stock the Warthog when it's available

Bullshit

They've been slowly weening off flight sim gear for ages and haven't been getting ANY new Thrustmaster stock for ages

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I also asked PC Case Gear. Their response was that they had no ETA as yet, but will likely stock the Warthog when it's available

Have ordered from them before and they usually keep prices down so heres hoping its $500

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

I'll be interested to see the prices they attempt to sell it for here in Australia. PC Aviator are pretty hit and miss with their prices - sometimes excellent, sometimes highly overpriced. I fear TM will provide the Warthog to resellers in Australia at a premium and we will see very little of the AUS/US dollar parity that we should.

As an aside - very disappointed with the lack of information forthcoming from TM regarding their release date - why don't companies understand that the customer will accept delays (more readily...) IF they are just kept informed?

Anyway - one way or another, I'll get my hands on one of these eventually.

Cheers - Joe.

got some TM MFD's from gadgetbliss on ebay.au and they said they were trying to source them. coulda been blowin smoke up my arse though. might be worth following up. i would be keen to know if any of yall find a source over there, coz we aint got a sh!t show of getting it over here and i'm keen for 1.

Action After Contemplation

I've asked one of my suppliers to see if they can get a good deal, depending on what they come back with I will post here and see if we cant get a group buy from them

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Good stuff Shu77 I'm certainly intersted in buying the TM hog!

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

Hmm. I did the sums on that and INCUDING the 1-3 Fedex charge of 49 quid the total cost per unit was $608! Too steep for this little black duck.

I'll wait for it to lob in Oz.

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

VAT might be removed but do you think you wont pay any GST?

I've imported Sporting equipment in the past at what I thought was at a great price only to find that I was slugged with import taxes. I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I'm just suggesting you may want to be careful. <s

VAT might be removed but do you think you wont pay any GST?

I've imported Sporting equipment in the past at what I thought was at a great price only to find that I was slugged with import taxes. I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I'm just suggesting you may want to be careful. <s

You only get charged duties and tax by customs if the value of the products exceed $1,000 AUD.

You only get charged duties and tax by customs if the value of the products exceed $1,000 AUD.

:thumbup: Been my experience in the past when ordering motorcycle parts from Japan

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Thanks for all the info. I kind of gave up on a Cougar, as they were hard to find (before I heard all the horror stories). I find places like pccasegear seem to list niche gear like this on their site, but they don't actually have stock.

@shu77 +1 me for the group buy!

@Ziggy I've brought a car stero amp from the states about 6 months ago. Cost about AUD$300 delivered. Paid no extra tax or duty.

OK So I had a half update that my suppliers supplier is unlikely to get more than 100 units into Australia initially. They are expecting pricing to follow. Can I ask if you are interested you PM me, and I will send details when I get them.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Why not just keep this thread updated with what you find out?

FYI you never pay GST or customs duty on anything below $1000AUD.

I thought that if you got something airmail it dropped to around $250

Unless that has happened in the last 48 hours, i'd say no.

I've imported wads of stuff; electronic equipment, firearm parts, drysuits and as long as you're under the magic $1000AUD mark then you're sorted.

I ordered mine from SimWare. Got it today. Sold my soul to thrustmaster, but it was worth it :D

AMD 3600X- 32GB RAM - Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080Ti - 512GB NVme Samsung 830 256Gb 840 256Gb SSD - Track IR 4.0 + TrackClip Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - WarBRD base mount and extention - Simped F16/USB (Stolen!) - Thrustmaster T-flight pedals (spew)

DCS KA-50 Blackshark 1 & 2; DCS P-51 Mustang; DCS A-10C Warthog; DCS UH-1 Huey; DCS F-86F; DCS Mi-8MTV2; DCS Mig-21bis; DCS: AV-8b; DCS: Spitfire IX; DCS: NS430; DCS: Combined Arms; Lock On Flaming Cliffs 3; Rise of Flight; IL2:1946;