Free alternative to Track IR - can it possibly work?!!

Quid21

Have been experimenting today with a free alternative to track ir called camera mouse 2011 - it uses a webcam to track a feature on your face to generate left/right and up/down movement of the mouse cursor.

Was just wondering if anyone else has been able to get it to work with DCS-A10C - it seems to work reasonably well with FSX by pressing the space bar, however I've been unsuccesful with DCS A-10C using the Alt-C command to do mouse panning?

FreeTrack works fine but you have to use the latest version of the TrackIR fixer file. I use freetrack with a Wii remote and it works really well. But I will probably get a TIR unit sometime after christmas as I already have a trackclip.

You can use the track clip with FreeTrack just as well.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

FreeTrack works fine but you have to use the latest version of the TrackIR fixer file. I use freetrack with a Wii remote and it works really well. But I will probably get a TIR unit sometime after christmas as I already have a trackclip.

SD

You can also make freetrack work using PPJoy.

First enable a 'fake' joystick in ppjoy,

then turn on freetrack's ppjoy output, and select the joystick number you enabled,

then go into the sim and assign the head movement axes.

Thanks to ED for providing access to the head movement axes!