any good x65 profiles to share?

You shouldn't really need one. A-10 supports Hotas mapping. Just pop open the manual to the pages showing the actual A-10 HOTAS and then in the sim map each real HOTAS input to the matching control on the X-65. Not talking about mapping commands and keys here, but actually mapping the actual HOTAS controls to your own stick. That way when the function of a HOTAS control changes due to aircraft state and mode, so does the same physical control on your stick.

Free fully voiced checklists for the A-10C and KA-50

http://www.monkeyfoot.com/tapcheck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do not need a profile, period. I mapped everything via the in game controls GUI except the mini joystick. There I did create a profile to change it to bands so I can map keys to it again. On my stick it's the radio hat switch.

Gear is mapped to T2, flaps up to T1 and down to T3. Autopilot is mapped to T4. Master arm will be mapped to the guarded switch but there is currently not a button available in the controls menu to map it to in BETA 1.

So as almost per the real deal mapping are as follows then.

H4 forward and back is the speedbrakes.

H5 is the Up and down the boat switch and forward and aft the china switch. I use button D for china switch centre.

H6 mapped to Coolie hat

H7 to HOTAS slew functions

K button the pinky switch and F the left throttle button.

H1 is trim

H2 DMS

POV is TMS

H3 CMS

C is nose wheel steering and pinky mapped to trigger first stage.

The rest I use the clickable cockpit or straight via the keyboard.

I also own two Thrustmaster MFD's which are mapped accordingly.

So as you can see, almost like the real deal with slight modifications to accommodate the different layout.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

I agree you can do everything in game and I have while it is still in beta but once I have become fully familiar with it I will opt for the sst profile because it gives more options.

Just a suggestion but in my profiles I like to use the pinkie as much as possible for example speedbrakes is buttons E close and F open the same buttons are for flaps and I use pinkie.With in game programing I tend to use the clickable cockpit far more than when programed to sst not that this a bad thing infact it is probably a good thing but it just means you get distracted,at the moment I have my curser controled by the mini stick and the D button is left mousebutton and I centre the trackir with H6 right.Anyway this was just a couple of suggestions its good to here from other x65f users and get some of their ideas to try, the more the better I say

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

I am currently working on one. I am working on 3 Profiles for everyone

1) X-65F

2) X-52 Pro

3) Logitech G940

I dont have all those setups only my X-65F and Old X-52 Pro barrowing my friends G940 to help out the community. I will include a zip fire of both the Controller and the .Lau file so you wont have to clear anything at all

XxVapor747Xx

"Vapor"

11756 -NYS-

Metal Strike Force =MSF=

Air National Guard

# 5 Lead Solo/ Executive Officer

Off topic, but i just got an x52 off of ebay. However, it seems to be missing a cable for the actual joystick. I do see the USB cable off the throttle. Google told me its a ps2 male to male extension cable, can someone confirm this before i run out to radio shack?

There are 3 cables running out the back on the throtlle base:

1 USB connecter (to connect to the PC)

1cable to connect the stick with the throttle

and one from the throttle base to the switch panel.

That's it. You don't need to run out and buy an extra.

Nope, only two cable spots. One is a physically attached usb cable, the other is a ps/2 male input, but no cable. Joystick has only the ps/2 male input.

• 4 months later...

The SST programming manual which comes with the package is for the Cyborg X and while much of the programming is relevant, the ShiftState programing is nothing like the UI in the software I have. None of the tutorials and examples I've found on the Net are for this version of the SST. I've spent most of a day trying to figure out the ShiftState and I'm stuck. I have years of experience doing it on a Thustmaster Afterburner and was no trouble at all. The Saitek site seems dead and unsupported.

Anyone mastered that feature?

-Pv-

The SST programming manual which comes with the package is for the Cyborg X and while much of the programming is relevant, the ShiftState programing is nothing like the UI in the software I have. None of the tutorials and examples I've found on the Net are for this version of the SST. I've spent most of a day trying to figure out the ShiftState and I'm stuck. I have years of experience doing it on a Thustmaster Afterburner and was no trouble at all. The Saitek site seems dead and unsupported.

Anyone mastered that feature?

-Pv-

What are you trying to archive?

Are you trying to do something like using the Pinky button as a shift, or something more complex?

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

Nothing fancy and yea, want to use the Pinky as a shift. Not sure how I would accomplish the same thing using the in-game mapper. I already have an SST mapping I like, just want to add a few pinky-shift keys. Besides, I just want to know how to do it.

-Pv-

Edited by -Pv-

I spent some time investigating how a profile can be auto-loaded when the game is started. The Thrustmaster profiller has this feature and I see the "Clear Profile" and "Clear Startup" in the Pro Flight task tool. The poor manual doesn't mention clearly how the "startup" is used. Is this software capable of auto-starting a profile? It's tedious to always remember to choose one and I frequently switch between games.

-Pv-

Edited by -Pv-