Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

I would like to have the 2 smaller monitors at the bottom of the 24" monitor.The 2 8" monitors i would to use as MFCD as i have the cougar MFCD, and i have no idea about lua files. so I need all the help i can get.

Kestral24, have you looked at this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

It gives you step by step instructions for adding MFDs (and additional monitors, but you can ignore that part.

Windows does need to know how you logically placed them for DCS. So check out the above post.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There ya go:thumbup:Vnice write up:book: post# 799 Rt after Xas I must have missed it:doh: +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

is there any way that the guide that madtommy made for multi monitor setup could be made to work full again,as there are some elements that no longer work, and i think that it would be very beneficial to people like myself who do not know about lua files and all the rest of it.

thank you both for the input and pointing out the thread. I have looked at it,but i was informed that in windows your main monitor is on the left then all the other monitors go to the right.This is where i get confused because in the tread he as his 2 lilliput 8" monitors underneath and there not counted in his total res.

you are adding them to the res on the bottom it was 1200 but with the 8" monitors he takes it to 2000. Idon't know why MT stuff don't work you may want to ask a Mod there always around.:music_whistling::thumbup::smartass:

Edited by slowhand

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

thank you both for the input and pointing out the thread. I have looked at it,but i was informed that in windows your main monitor is on the left then all the other monitors go to the right.This is where i get confused because in the tread he as his 2 lilliput 8" monitors underneath and there not counted in his total res.

Post your windows screen setup (like I did in post #799) and I'll be able to help more.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

hansanb,

I've been messing around with this since Sunday. I've tried following your earlier post (799 I believe) and I've been able to get it to work like you've shown. I however don't like the single 5760 screen setup as it distorts quite badly when I look over my shoulder and I have to zoom all the way out to have a decent FOV. I can't figure out how to get this to work with the primary displays functioning like in the "3 Screen" or "3 Cameras". Can you give me some pointers and get me back on track please? Thank you in advance for your time. Here is my screen setup:

j6oJrnv.jpg

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hansanb,

I've been messing around with this since Sunday. I've tried following your earlier post (799 I believe) and I've been able to get it to work like you've shown. I however don't like the single 5760 screen setup as it distorts quite badly when I look over my shoulder and I have to zoom all the way out to have a decent FOV. I can't figure out how to get this to work with the primary displays functioning like in the "3 Screen" or "3 Cameras". Can you give me some pointers and get me back on track please? Thank you in advance for your time. Here is my screen setup:

j6oJrnv.jpg

I'm sure hansanb will answer but if I may throw in a few points as I am running triple screen in surround over one screen below (set up as a 'single' 3 screens in surround plus 1 on the end in Windows).

First, if those mini screens are running 'external' displays as in Helios then performance wise you setup is ok because you will only be telling DCS "5760x1080" but if you are picking up parts of the in-game cockpit for your mini displays you may want to consider putting the mini screens on the end in your windows setup because looking at game settings and using Monitor Setup to pick out what goes on which screen.......

Declaring to DCS 5760 * (1080+600) = 9,676,800 pixels

whereas

(5760 + 800) * 1080 = 7,084,800 pixels which is a lot easier on your graphics card.

As for one wide screen versus 3 screens, in widescreen you will always get that side stretching because that's just the way the graphics work. In 3 screen you get three square on views but with those 'forward leaning' wings. however I don't notice them due to my closeness to the centre screen. The side screens are in my peripheral vision and really come into play until I turn to look at them. It all feels natural after a short while. For me they are more about Situation Awareness than critically accurate projection.

Edited by klem
5760 not 5860

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Doughboy, standby. Can't get to my computer until later tonight GMT-5 time.

• Like 1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

you also may want to move them(the 2 8" screens) from the bottom to the top, Cus the screen starts from the top and go's dwn. also try this file see if it works for you:thumbup:

slow1.lua

Edited by slowhand

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

Klem-

I'm not running Helios or anything else. At first I did have some of the, I guess "view", in the 2 8" screens that was not taken up by the MFCD portion. When I got it to work as shown in post #799 they went black aside from the MFCD portion. I deff get what you're saying about 1 wide vs 3 separate screens. I'd rather deal with seeing my wingtips all the time and have everything non-distorted than having everything all wonky!

hansangb-

Copy that sir. I'm in NO rush for this as you are helping me out and I've got plans other than messing with DCS this evening anyway! Just FYI please understand that I'm pretty slow when it comes to computer stuff so you may have to dumb it down a bit for me!

Slowhand-

Copy and thanks!

Go Ugly Early!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Klem-

I'm not running Helios or anything else. At first I did have some of the, I guess "view", in the 2 8" screens that was not taken up by the MFCD portion. When I got it to work as shown in post #799 they went black aside from the MFCD portion. I deff get what you're saying about 1 wide vs 3 separate screens. I'd rather deal with seeing my wingtips all the time and have everything non-distorted than having everything all wonky!

hansangb-

Copy that sir. I'm in NO rush for this as you are helping me out and I've got plans other than messing with DCS this evening anyway! Just FYI please understand that I'm pretty slow when it comes to computer stuff so you may have to dumb it down a bit for me!

Slowhand-

Copy and thanks!

OK. I'm still not sure what you are trying to display on the mini screens, presumably the MFCDs, but be aware that if you go (5760+800+800) x 1080 in DCS settings, whatever portion of the view you display on the mini screens will move when you move your head with Trackir. My lower screen is angled down to look at the instruments but it swings round the cockpit when I look left and right giving the feeling that I am 'in' the cockpit even when looking at the lower screen. I think the only way to 'fix' the mini screen view for, say, MFCDs, will be either to not use TrackIR or use Helios.

Anyway, good luck.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

slowhand

thanks for the file; i'll give it ago; so if i just run this past you to make sure that i'm doing it right.

move 2 small monitors to the top right hand side, put the new file into monitor setup folder. then go into game options select the new file in monitor's, then in the resolutions put the new total, 3520 x 1080,and the new aspect, 3.259259, that should be it. is that right.

Are you sure? My MFCDs don't move with the trackir, although I have only two screens and they're placed one near the other. I'm using the basic DCS exporting functions.

Well, I'll step back because I don't use MFCDs like that, they are on my larger instruments monitor and I just realised that MFCDs are declared specially in Monitor Setup so I think you're probably right. My apologies.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Kest, yes that's all you have to do. and uncheck the full screen box as well. Let me know if you need to resize the mfcds or if you want to add anything:thumbup: hope it works out for ya..if not give me a shout..

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

I changed that .lua file try the new one and let me know. also ck your res and make that the monitor is 1920x1080 and that the 2 lil's are set to 800x600 and make sure you tell windows to expand desktop view to the lil monitors,you may also want to look in to this as well http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116 if you are using a diff res let me know..:thumbup:

Edited by slowhand

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

slowhand

thanks again for your time. I altered the size of the mfcd's and there fine, the only

problem is that the main screen is off to the right hand side, and in game the cockpit is stretched. and looks thin, if that makes sense to you. I still think it has something to do with the resolution 1920 x 1080 that i set.

Kestral24,

Sorry. I'm remodeling my master bed/bathroom and the PC is all disconnected. However, if you look at the sample lua file in the same directory, there is one for 3 monitor. In that example, you'll see that they broke it out into individual screen. In my example, I used on large virtual monitor that used all three physical monitors. But in the 3 monitor example file, you'll see separate sections.

I won't have the PC put back together for at least 10 more days. If you want, you can PM me the file and I can whip up an example for you. Or if you'd like, wait until my master bath project is done.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

slowhand & hansangb

Thanks for all your time and help,i have finally got it to work.

it looks great know thanks to the two of you. I'm know looking at the panels to see if i can do something like other's have done, then i'll start on building the pit.

Great to hear you got it all figured out. :thumbup: once you go multi you will never go back:music_whistling::smartass::megalol:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

And then you go VR and never look back! :)

I've started building some switch boxes for the A10C. Even with VR, I love the tactile feeling of a real switch.

have fun!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---