Touch screen monitors

Hi guys,

was wondering if using a touch screen monitor would work in this game..

As new to this not sure how it would work..

will be using Track IR, on a 2 monitor set up, 2nd monitor would be the touch screen... for all console and panel buttons and switches..

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance Phil

How would both MFCs (5" x 5") fit on one 7" LCD? Or did you want to use one LCD per MFD?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2006 Mac Pro (boot camp) | 2 x 2.66Ghz Core2 Xeon | 5GB 667Mhz FB-DIMM RAM | nVidia GTX260 Core216 768MB | Windows 7 Pro x64 | TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro rudder pedals | Dell 24" LCD @ 1920x1200

Since they're touchscreens I wasn't planning on putting the actual aftermarket MFD frames on there. Honestly though, I hadn't really researched to see if I could 1) get the MFCDs + surrounding buttons moved to another screen, and 2) if I could resize to fit whatever I wanted them to fit. If both of those were possible, then I'm sure I could make it work on 800*480.

Just a hair-brained idea I had earlier this afternoon...

Actually, that's a pretty good idea.

However, I'm not sure you can move the MFD *buttons* along with the MFD screen contents to another LCD. That would be necessary to utilize the touch screen to interact with the MFDs.

But perhaps the LUA files allow you to move a snapview to another screen. Probably take a hit on FPS, though.

I'd really like to pick up the MFD screen frames, but they're kind of useless (to me) without the screen contents. It's too bad there isn't some sort of LCD we can buy that perfectly fits, and a setup that does NOT cause a hit to FPS. I'm already at only 20-30FPS, so I can't even think about external MFD screens until I upgrade my CPU.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2006 Mac Pro (boot camp) | 2 x 2.66Ghz Core2 Xeon | 5GB 667Mhz FB-DIMM RAM | nVidia GTX260 Core216 768MB | Windows 7 Pro x64 | TM Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro rudder pedals | Dell 24" LCD @ 1920x1200

Since they're touchscreens I wasn't planning on putting the actual aftermarket MFD frames on there. Honestly though, I hadn't really researched to see if I could 1) get the MFCDs + surrounding buttons moved to another screen, and 2) if I could resize to fit whatever I wanted them to fit. If both of those were possible, then I'm sure I could make it work on 800*480.

Just a hair-brained idea I had earlier this afternoon...

FYI, Don't get the widescreen 7" monitors if you want to use the Thrustmaster MFD's. You will run out of monitor in the vertical. Get an 8" 4:3 monitor. I use these USB from Lilliput. I have two UM-80/C and one UM-80/C/T (Touchscreen) and all three work great. I use the two UM-80/c for the MFD's and the touchscreen for Airfield maps through TouchBuddy.

http://www.lilliputweb.net/index.php?Controller=User_Product&action=Index&category_id=51

Evader, what is your FPS hit to add those displays while playing A10?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm using the samsung LD220z. It's a 1080p 22" multi-touchscreen, which works really well with DCS, and I suppose most sims. I cant imaging going back to using the mouse for programing the CDU =) Theres no need for a sim to "support it", windows just translates the your taps into mouse actions. Although, look where you tap, I have accidently shut down an engine on more than one ocassion when trying to use the UFC ;-)

There are of course other brands too, I dont wanna give Samsung any free promotion, their dead pixel warranty for screens smaller than 24" (I think it was 24..) is really lousy, I found one on mine but hey, life goes on=)

"Dogfight: He who pulls the stick most violently shall win"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSSB R3 Warthog - Cougar TUSBA - TPR - Valve Index - AW3418DW

i7-6700K OC @4.9GHz - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - Trident Z CL14 32GB 3200MHz - M.2 950 PRO 512GB + MP510 1920 GB

I'm using the samsung LD220z. It's a 1080p 22" multi-touchscreen, which works really well with DCS, and I suppose most sims. I cant imaging going back to using the mouse for programing the CDU =)

Touchscreen does sound awesome. If you can get DCS A-10 to keep the touchscreen monitor static, while you have another monitor representing your view, that would be ideal. Otherwise, you still have to pan your view down to the MFDs, then back up to the HUD. I find that disorienting. Ideally, I'd have a static set of controls below a TrackIR controlled 3 monitor Eyefinity view display.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's also the Acer T230h - it's a 1920x1080 23" touch screen monitor. I'm not sure what it's availability is like anymore in the rest of the worl, but there are only a couple of places stocking it in Australia now.

Anyhoo, it's very cool. the image is pretty good - the touch screen function is not as accurate as you would probably like, but for a touch screen of that size, it's very affordable.