Flight Qualifications Campaign

Sabre -- just wanted to let you know that these qualification campaigns are top-notch, very well-done. I'm having a lot of fun flying them, and know how much time and effort it takes to put something of this quality together. Hopefully in the near future I'll be starting my own project. I consider your missions and the venerable Vergeev Group effort as the golden standard towards which to aim.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys need some help if ok.

I just started this campaign and on my second attempt of the 1st misison (startup, taxi, shutdown) i failed on the shutdown "turning off radios", which i did too. Im thinking i didn't turn them off at the correct time maybe?

Thanks...

edit...Flicked switch in wrong position lol

Edited by Bra1n
answer
  • Like 1

Hi...I need help also with first mission...I passed startup procedure, taxi and shutdown procedure with instructor telling me that my checklist looks good. After shutdown i get Unqualified rating, but i dont see what i missed?

What is the requirement to get qualified? Do I have to flip every switch a second after instructor voice message, or can i go through a cheklist ahead of instructor messages?

Last try that i failed i used a lot of pause key to find the required switch? Is this messing with the time required to do the each task my instructor said?

Is there required order to flip the switches that have 3 position? Ie MFCD has off/dim/bright, so does the mission record order in which i turn the knob or flip the switch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Agreed. I'd set them up so you can't proceed to the next mission until you passed the current qualification. I don't think they would be training missions as much as checkrides proving that you have learned the training.

Similar to this from the SUPT Phase 2: http://www.baseops.net/militarypilot/primary_flying.html

I have the Basic campaign, and the training missions. What good is a check ride if you have had no training?................

I did a tour as a Instructor, there was Theory, Demonstration, Summary, Test Validation to all syllabus that I taught.

I pretty much stopped doing the campaign because it was made for people who have a lot more free time than I do to practice.

The Training missions that come stock with the Sim are good but leave a lot to be desired.

JMTCW............................

Cheers

Hoss

[sIGPIC]VFA-151_zpsc7bcfa86.png[/sIGPIC]

I recommend practicing with the practice missions first especially for BFT01 - Ground Handling.

Your campaign mission key will unlock the practice mission package which will install into the single player mission folder.

The missions have additional dialogue to help you pass the qualification missions. If you can pass the practice missions then you should be able to pass the qualification missions.

You can download the practice mission package here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/274492/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hi,

Is anybody experiencing a CTD on the practice version of BFT 04, Approach and Landing, at about 1/3 from waypoint 6 to waypoint 7?

Thanks in advance!

Is this on 1.2.5? I know there are numerous bugs in the 1.2.5 release so we are waiting to see if they get fixed before attempting any mission updates.

If there are permanent changes in the 1.2.5 release then we will update the missions to make them work.

Can you send an email to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com with your crash log? It can be found here: C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

We will investigate and provide an update if necessary.

Is this on 1.2.5? I know there are numerous bugs in the 1.2.5 release so we are waiting to see if they get fixed before attempting any mission updates.

If there are permanent changes in the 1.2.5 release then we will update the missions to make them work.

Can you send an email to mapleflagmissions@gmail.com with your crash log? It can be found here: C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

We will investigate and provide an update if necessary.

Hi,

Yes it's on 1.2.5, I have e-mailed the crash log as suggested. Thank you!

So guys/girls...please share with me info what is needed to get qualified rating in bft01...I completed startup, taxi and shutdown with instructor saying that my chekclists look good, but in the end i got unqualified rating? What am i missing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

So guys/girls...please share with me info what is needed to get qualified rating in bft01...I completed startup, taxi and shutdown with instructor saying that my chekclists look good, but in the end i got unqualified rating? What am i missing?

If you get too close to the humvee too many times then you can get an unqual but the mission dialogue should indicate the reason for the failure.

We have video posted on our YouTube channel:

I'll take a look at the triggers and see if anything has changed with the recent upgrade.

If you get too close to the humvee too many times then you can get an unqual but the mission dialogue should indicate the reason for the failure.

We have video posted on our YouTube channel:

I'll take a look at the triggers and see if anything has changed with the recent upgrade.

Thanks for your answer...UPDATE: after downloading bft campaign, i managed to get qualified "-", because i got to close to humvee.. Don't know though why can't i qualify in single mission bft01 version

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sabre-TLA, can you please post a cheat like requirements (what flags are checked) to finish BFT07 mission? This really helped me with BFT06 mission as a supplement to your youtube videos

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Here are the triggers that need to be met to pass BFT07 - Aerobatics

Spoiler alert (don't click the button if you don't want to know):smilewink:

Immelman - A half loop up with a roll to level.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up to do a half loop,

Unit's Bank in Limits (-10, 10) - wings level

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in opposite direction

Split-S - A roll inverted then a half loop down.

Check 1: Unit's Bank in Limits (-10, 10) - wings level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - no deviation from heading

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (30,50) - Heading in opposite direction

Loop - Pull up into a loop and finish in the same heading as original direction.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up into the loop

Check 2: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Still pulling in the loop

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in opposite direction at top of the loop

Check 3: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (30,50) - Heading in original direction

Barrel Roll - Pull up with a roll.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up

Unit's Heading in Limits (210,230) - No deviation from heading

Check 2: Unit's Bank in Limits (-63, -40) - wings banked for left roll

Check 3: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in original direction

Cloverleaf - First half of a right Barrel Roll with the last half of a Loop.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 40) - Pitch up

Unit's Heading in Limits (210, 230) - Heading in original direction

Check 2: Unit's Bank in Limits (40, 63) - wings banked for right roll

Check 3: Unit's Heading in Limits (300, 320) - Heading 90 degrees right inverted

Check 4: Unit's Pitch in Limits (-5, 10) - Pitch level

Unit's Heading in Limits (120, 140) - heading after Split-S

Sequence - Any combination of aerobatic maneuvers as long as the pitch level

is changed with wings level.

Check 1: Unit's Pitch in Limits (10, 30) or Unit's Pitch in Limits (-30, -10)

All the maneuvers are timed (typically 30 seconds) so make your pulls and turns aggressive.

• 1 month later...

Links are not working on the first page...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs: i5 8600K | GTX 1080 Ti | 16 GB DDR4 | 4x SSD | Samsung Odyssey VR

Peripherals: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | 4x Bassshakers

Modules: A-4E | A-10C | F-14B | F-15C | Ka-50 | Su-25A | Su-27 | Su-33 | F/A-18C | P-51D | Mi-8MTV2

Fixed! Thanks for letting us know.

No problem. Quick reaction =)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC Specs: i5 8600K | GTX 1080 Ti | 16 GB DDR4 | 4x SSD | Samsung Odyssey VR

Peripherals: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | 4x Bassshakers

Modules: A-4E | A-10C | F-14B | F-15C | Ka-50 | Su-25A | Su-27 | Su-33 | F/A-18C | P-51D | Mi-8MTV2

Which aircraft?

We do have plans to complete a campaign for the Ka-50 Black Shark and UH-1H Huey.

FC3 aircraft don't have the same fully clickable cockpit as the other DCS aircraft but generating a campaign for them shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for the quick response! My aircraft of choice would be Su 27. Thanks in advance!

AFT01

Hi Terry

I discovered some issues on the AFT01 Mission (AAR Day).

First, when I try to switch the Tanker Frequency (150.0) there's a loud

humming on the Channel. Found a solution meanwhile: switching to Frequency 140.0 does the Trick. Seems to be an error in the Game engine.

The Problem on the Mission I have is as follows:

when I'm closing up to the tanker, he has chicks in tow. So far so good. I follow the tanker and the chicks for 25 minutes until waypoint 7. The chicks don't disconnect from the tanker. They stick on it like flies on something brown. Reaching waypoint 7, the instructor wants to walk through the after AAR checklist.

At his point, no fuel has passed over, nothing happened, except a perfect 1-mile-distance formation flight.

I'm playing verion 1.2.6.18933. The Campaign Version is 1.1

It worked with other versions.

Could you please find a solution for that. It's a really cool misson. I don't wanna miss it.

Regards

Sterny

Edited by sterny70