Warthoggers: Updated firmware released

With PC powered off, if I unplug and plug the throttle back in the 5 LEDs flicker once.

If the backlights are ON when I shut down and restart they turn OFF as soon as the PC posts. They turn back on when my other USB devices light up, just after the "Starting Windows" animation finishes.

Sleep mode and shutting down does nothing, the backlight stays on till I unplug the USB cable or post again. This happens with both the front and rear (direct onboard) USB ports.

Drivers, TARGET and Firmware all updated:

39358702.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated, went smooth, everything works fine :) Yesterday I had the feeling of russian roulette and was thinking these guys got balls (the first people to update, like teej), but its really very easy to do and noone has had any problems sofar :)

*hands the revolver to the guy on my right*

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Doesn't the power management page in you BIOS have several USB related settings? Have you checked those yet, kyl?

Do both the stick and throttle get updated?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

My throttle lights stay on also. Yes both units updated here. Lights stay on after I shut down the system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

My throttle lights stay on also. Yes both units updated here. Lights stay on after I shut down the system.

Confirmed with Driver and Firmware update.

Have the Flight-stick and Throttle plugged into the G15 USB ports. G15 plugged into MB. At shut-down throttle remains lit up like a successful Gunpowder Plot.

Here's the kicker - At start-up however the lights extinguish, only to be lit up again when the G15 comes 'online'.

I'm beginning to wonder how difficult it is.......

Edit: Appears to conform with kylania as above.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just a loose shot from the hip, maybe we're confusing Hibernation with Standby?

AFAIK these are two different Windows states upon shutdown and might explain the different lighting effects on the throttle because we call both of them 'standby'?

Anyway, firmware update completed without any problems here. Glad it now has that 'HID write' protection! Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling! ;)

I'll put my pc in sleep mode and report in a minute.

EDIT: In 'sleep mode' (Win7)the throttle stays lit up like a Christmas tree indeed.

Now if someone could test Win XP Hibernate mode as opposed to Standby mode, please?

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

LOL no need to buy a Christmas tree this year then :) I KNEW it was gonna be worth it somehow ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, though I don't like green lights in my green tree! ;)

Any way to make em another color?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all the horror stories going on here about what happens when you open the WH up?! No way! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a stupid question but how do you update the firmware? I know in target their is a firmware update problem in the device windows but is it just clicking that link or is it just a matter of running the update by opening the file like you would any .exe? Also is flashing with additional controllers attached advisable like The cougar? Thanks

Edited by DocSigma

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Done...all good.

Over and out.

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Follow the Instructions listed on the download page? :smartass:

Is it not advisable to update the firmware from within TARGET by clicking the the "update firmware" highlighted link in the GUI?

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Just a loose shot from the hip, maybe we're confusing Hibernation with Standby?

My definitions:

Hibernate: Contents of RAM are written to disk and machine goes to a complete power-down state, can be disconnected from power for months without loss of data, etc. Maximal power savings as the system is shut completely off. On turning the machine back on, you get a full POST, may see "resuming windows", etc.

Sleep: System goes to a minimal power state - fans & drives shut down, etc, but not a full power off. RAM maintained under power (I think?). Loss of power results in loss of unsaved data, etc. Near total power savings because nothing is actually running. When activated it takes about 2 seconds from a silent system to having a desktop back.

Standby: Very little power savings - display shut off, fans keep running, etc. Also very quick to resume since nothing is actually shut down.

By those definitions, I use "sleep" mode, and if my throttle is plugged into the motherboard, the LEDs do go dark for me.

Here's a little more detail from: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/omars/archive/2004/05/11/129553.aspx

S0 - Working State

In this state, your PC is awake and working

S1- CPU Stopped

In this state, your PC is technically in standby and this is the default standby state if S3 is not supported. Power consumption is Five Watts to Thirty Watts of Power.

S3 - Suspend to RAM (context saved to RAM)

In this state, your PC in standby and all fans, hard drivers and other devices are powered down into a sleep state. Power consumption is less than Five Watts.

S4 - Suspend to Disk(Context saved to HDD)

Otherwise known as Hibernate, your PC has saved the contents of RAM to the hard disk and is pretty much tuned off. Power consumption is less than Five Watts. This isn’t very useful for desktop PCees and is mostly used in Laptops where battery drainage is far better than if you are in S3.

My lights go off in S3.

Edited by Teej
  • Like 1

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Confirmed with Driver and Firmware update.

Have the Flight-stick and Throttle plugged into the G15 USB ports. G15 plugged into MB. At shut-down throttle remains lit up like a successful Gunpowder Plot.

Here's the kicker - At start-up however the lights extinguish, only to be lit up again when the G15 comes 'online'.

I'm beginning to wonder how difficult it is.......

Edit: Appears to conform with kylania as above.

Your G15 supports them? I haven't really tried plugging anything into mine besides my camera to download pics. I did try something a while back and it wouldn't work. Also saw threads on Logitech forums talking about the low power to the USB ports.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Your G15 supports them?

Correct.

Was in such a hurry when the Hogstick arrived that I plugged them in the first available holes I could find......To my surprise it worked and has been fine ever since - apart from the dayglo green tinge of the PC room, that is :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Also saw threads on Logitech forums talking about the low power to the USB ports.

Don't have a G15, but I'm not surprised the sticks work plugged into it. I'd be concerned about the power if I was trying to charge something or use USB powered "toys" from the keyboard...but operating the sticks, even with LEDs, should be extremely low power.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

If it's not broke then don't fix it .......DOH

Well I followed all the instructions listed above to the letter, and at 75% on the Joystick update it failed.

Now I have a Joystick that isn't recognised as one.

Where do I go from here, please.

It is seen by the system and calls itself "Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Joystick Bulk" but does not show as a game

controller, visible to either Windows or Target Device Analyzer

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :joystick:

Edited by Loz

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Correct.

Was in such a hurry when the Hogstick arrived that I plugged them in the first available holes I could find......To my surprise it worked and has been fine ever since - apart from the dayglo green tinge of the PC room, that is :D

Don't have a G15, but I'm not surprised the sticks work plugged into it. I'd be concerned about the power if I was trying to charge something or use USB powered "toys" from the keyboard...but operating the sticks, even with LEDs, should be extremely low power.

I guess I'll have to use mine. As I said before I saw many threads at their forums saying the power to the USB ports where to low. Some said they couldn't plug anything into them. Maybe just found the new place to plug my headset or external HD into.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well I followed all the instructions listed above to the letter, and at 75% on the Joystick update it failed.

It is seen by the system and calls itself "Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Joystick Bulk" but does not show as a game

:music_whistling:Russian roulette, first victim. Round two begins, who is next?:helpsmilie:

Try the obvious stuff, like rebooting, unplugg/plugging it back in, trying the software again. Otherwise idk, contact TM? It sounds really bad, since you probably did the update to prevent this from happening, and the update itself caused it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it not advisable to update the firmware from within TARGET by clicking the the "update firmware" highlighted link in the GUI?

I never saw that till after I'd updated, but all that seems to do for me is change that text to show me the version number I'm using.

I think since they have just released the dedicated firmware tool linked in the first post of this thread you should probably use that to update firmware on your WH.

In ".\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware" (not sure about the exact location, I'm not in home) there's an updater log file somewhere. Post that file here, maybe we could see the culprit.

In ".\Program Files\Guillemot\tmfwupdater\firmware" (not sure about the exact location, I'm not in home) there's an updater log file somewhere. Post that file here, maybe we could see the culprit.

Here is detail from that tm_fwupdate_trace.log

[sTART SESSION]

16:28:22.545 Tuesday December 7, 2010

+00:00.000 Thrustmaster Firmware Updater (2.1.8.0)

+00:00.000 GUI size detection: 0

+00:00.000 GUI size after constraint: 0

+00:00.156 Initialization completed.

+00:16.193 Application will terminate.

[END SESSION]

---SMCH-

But I think that might be recording subsequent attempts to install it, or even the successful Throttle firmware update that I have done after the abortive Joystick try.

I've tried all the "rebooting, unplugg/plugging it back in, trying the software again" All no good.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.