Warthoggers: Updated firmware released

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem as Loz here :(. Joystick failed the update, no longer recognized. Maybe someone who successfully solved the out of the box non-recognition with the file from TM can email it to us? Loz, do you mind telling us the reset procedure?

Loz, do you have a cougar installed as well?

Hassata please check your PMs

I do have the Cougar installed but just tried without it with no change.

Trying the Joystick in another PC (laptop) comes up with the same result. It looks for drivers for a "HOTAS Joystick Bootloader" and when I run the firmware update it gives the same error.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Trying the Joystick in another PC (laptop) comes up with the same result. It looks for drivers for a "HOTAS Joystick Bootloader" and when I run the firmware update it gives the same error.

Have you installed the latest (RC2) TARGET?

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Yes I've got that version of Target Teej.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

After the firmware update, USBDeview still shows my stick and throttle connected under 402 / 404 devices, but the joystick bulk shows up as new device 401, and the throttle bulk as device 403.

Neither of them show connections when reconnecting the devices, seems they were only needed and used during the update/firmware process itself.

The details for installing both looked to be held in the same driver information file too (oem30.inf for me, but it may be a different value for you, and coincidentally oem28.inf and oem29.inf were the files I had for the original installation of the stick and throttle out of the box).

P.s. Did you see my earlier reply, about 1 hr 20 mins before this one?

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I've tried it Mainboard USB but still no luck.

Under HID devices they are showing that they are working properly but they are not listed as Joystick and Throttle. Only when I click the installed devices does it show that Hotas Warhog for both joystick and throttle. Im using win. 7 ultimate...is it still enumerated properly? In other words... it dosn't look exactly like the picture shown in the instructions. Also, Should I unplug both the joystick and throttle prior to installing the driver/firmware .exe? thanks.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Thrustmaster Drivers/Firmware

Thrustmaster released some new drivers and firmware for the Thrustmaster Warthog dated 12/06/2010. Firmware version 10 for the Stick and firmware version 18 for the throttle. Check it out herehttp://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=311&cid=1

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

They don't show in Device Manager as joystick/throttle because those devices are 'disconnected' except during the patching of the firmware. So they are installed under those names and IDs, but still registered as the previous 402 / 404 hardware device IDs (hid usb) that they were pre-patch when you plug them in and Device Manager picks them up.

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

The update software actually installs a new device driver so that it can talk directly to the firmware. This seems normal. I think you guys may be confusing people.

The same thing happens when you update video drivers.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

Right... the yellow stuff was there before the new software and firmware patch, it's still there after, and it's still what you use (and see in Device Manager, since these are the connected devices and DM doesn't show what isn't connected).

The red stuff is newly installed by the new software, but it's only seen and connected momentarily, then disconnected again, so you'll never really see it in use, even though these are the devices that carry the new names. They didn't exist before applying this software update.

And hence, if there are problems, why it might be an idea to run this software so you can see what's what. Note I'm sorted on Vendor ID to make it easier to group them up.

tmwh_firmware.thumb.gif.60d37b61b5e128090355a67d47056642.gif

I just ran into problems upgrading my firmware as well. I had to switch the USB ports on the motherboard to get it to work. They where hooked up in my USB3 ports I think and it seems the drivers had problems with that. Once I moved them to the other ports the upgrade went fine.

Updated and everything works fine. Warthog connected to motherboard USB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

Updated (connected to MB USB ports). Now have these in Win7 Devices and Printers:

picture.php?albumid=441&pictureid=3042

attachment.php?attachmentid=45446&stc=1&d=1291806103

Botch...

Edited by Botch

E8400 @ 3,7 GHz | 6GB | ATI 6950 | Transcend 128GB SSD | 1T Samsung F3 | 24” 1920x1080 BenQ | TM Warthog | TM MFD's | TrackIR5 | Saitek Combat Pedals | W7 x64

I've tried again with the Joystick attached to the MB, with it showing in the Device manager as Joystick Bulk and in the program itself as "(BOOT) Hotas Warthog Joystick - Firmware:65535"

Running the Updater in Administrator mode, still fails but with the difference that the "2. Main Firmware" progress bar completes once to 100%, then runs a second time and fails with the same "ERROR: bulk write error. (Code:0x0000000D)"

Darn Loz thats really bad luck. I assume you still havent heard from TM? I am sure they can assist. It tough though just having a 400 buck new toy, sitting there broken temporarily...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Is there no way to 'Flash' the Hogstick and start from scratch as one would do with the Cougar?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hassata, i informed TM support about this, so they can check it out.

NotiA10 and Loz-try plugging the unit directly into the MB than update. That did the trick for me. I had the stick plugged into a hub when it failed to update. If someone is in contact with TM, you may want to let them know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Is there no way to 'Flash' the Hogstick and start from scratch as one would do with the Cougar?

Yes you do have to "flash" the stick.

This has already been released on SimHQ so I'll repeat here: If you plug it in with the Trigger and S2 button pressed (or with the handle removed) it becomes visible to the OS and the Firmware Updater program, but unlike the Cougar (which if I remember correctly was shown as a basic Joystick) this comes up as a weird breed called "Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Joystick Bulk" which I believe is a placeholder type device recognised by the OS but unuseable as a joystick.

My firmware update program sees this (calls it "(BOOT) Hotas Warthog Joystick - Firmware: 65535) but fails when it attempts to load. I suspected the Firmware Upadater but it installed the Throttle update without any problem??

I've tried again with the Joystick attached to the MB, with it showing in the Device manager as Joystick Bulk and in the program itself as "(BOOT) Hotas Warthog Joystick - Firmware:65535"

Running the Updater in Administrator mode, still fails but with the difference that the "2. Main Firmware" progress bar completes once to 100%, then runs a second time and fails with the same "ERROR: bulk write error. (Code:0x0000000D)"

That is a bummer. The behavior I saw in my usb3 ports (on the motherboard btw so might try a different set of ports) was a time out error on first attempt and then memory meta data errors. As soon as I switched ports on the motherboard the updated run fine.

Hang in there. The joystick is capable of being flashed as Joystick Bulk/Boot Hotas WH. TM just have to hopefully sort out the updater. Also, most (all?) the people who have had problems had one device update, but not the other.

Edit: ERROR: bulk write error. (Code:0x0000000D) is the error I believe I also got.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]