Bug? Multi Monitor and NVG

KosPilot

I think I've found a bug here...

Running BS in windowed mode, Camera + Shkval, when activating NVG, the camera stretch to use the full defined window width.

My full window width is 3360, with the camera defined to 1920 and the Shkval using the remaining 1440. During normal daylight flight this set-up works great, but when activating NVG, the camera view become stretched over the full width and part of it is off course hidden behind the Shkval.

Possible solution may be to do a proper division between the two monitors, but spanning the window was by far the easiest solution.

Do anyone have the same problem?

(Win7x64 Pro, Nvidia 8800GTS)

I have the same problem. I never fly night missions because of that problem.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I have the same problem. I never fly night missions because of that problem.

Thank you for the replies.

Seems like it is about time to put some push behind solving the problem then, as it is restricting playability. There are a lot of simmers out there who has put a LOT of money and time into this otherwise great sim, and as me, would like the extra challenge of flying night missions.

Anyone out there who can offer a solution?

No solution here But I would like to be able to use my $1000+ sim pit for night missions. Realy does suck.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 2 months later...

It doesn't look like anything is happening with this problem?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

You could try this:-

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/file/1760-dcs-bs-crystal-clear-nvg-version-2/

May just sort out your problem!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Here's how this problem looks on my monitors set up:

th_DSCN0919.jpg

Hi, try the link here:-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54291&highlight=multi+monitors&page=3

I am considering of going to a triple monitor set up. However, I think its easier to learn to fly the KA 50 properly, than set up multi screen resolutions! I have also come across ( somewhere) that you need to run Black Shark in "windowed" mode? Also that the Dual monitor set up doesn't like Windows 7?

Good luck, hope the link helps there are many config setting in other threads there!

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Hi, try the link here:-

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54291&highlight=multi+monitors&page=3

I am considering of going to a triple monitor set up. However, I think its easier to learn to fly the KA 50 properly, than set up multi screen resolutions! I have also come across ( somewhere) that you need to run Black Shark in "windowed" mode? Also that the Dual monitor set up doesn't like Windows 7?

Good luck, hope the link helps there are many config setting in other threads there!

Regards.

hi there, I'm running 2 screens in Win 7, you must run in windowed mode (you cant seem to tell any difference) the picture is my own setup cockpit, Abris, skval.

Radeon 5570

colin

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/2sceens.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/F2.jpg

Edited by colin
lost image

Altering the shader algorithm to eliminate the noise mask is unlikely to affect why the game chooses to try and render NVG mode across the full screen resolution in multi-monitor in this one version of BS.

So try it if you like, but the crystal clear thing shouldn't work/help for this problem.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

yes I too seem to have that problem with the NVG's aspect ratio in error.

I'm running in windowed mode and 2 7 inch Lilliput's USB monitors.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'm curious about this problem. Is this something that happened after 1.02 or has this always been there ?

Also, is it possible to place the shkval coordinates so that it is below the center camera instead of being to the right ?

Would it be possible for colin to post his settings he has in the view.lua or monitorsetup.lua? If these were altered in any way? ( I know these screenshots are in daylight, but I can not get my twin monitor setup to display the views pictured?) I am on Nvidia GTX 285.

Also, (colin) I see you are on ATI, what have you set in the CCC?

As for the NVG, it looks like the "Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

in;-

"(root)\Config\View\view.lua" are being switched by the NVG every time its used?:unsure:

I hate mysteries in hardware, it takes time away from flying. Trying to set up views is:pain:

It started happening in 1.0.2 only, before that was ok.

It's not just the angle or aspect ratio, the view itself becomes off-center because it tries to draw/scale to the full (multi-monitor) resolution as if it was a single monitor.

I'm pretty certain only a code change can fix it (or run 1.0.1 or single monitor config for those missions). I'm also quite certain every in-game multi-monitor config player is affected (not just some cards or setups).

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Nice posting Mastiff. That video should make it clear to everybody what is the problem.

I've looked in all the .lua files to see if there is anything relating to NVG camera resolution, but cannot find anything.

One thing that I have noted is that with the NVG camera view stretched, the active zones for buttons and switches in the virtual cockpit remains in the same places as before switching to NVG (if that makes any sense to you.)

I am not a programmer, but that leads me to believe that the problem may be in some shallow code in the simulators graphic interface only.

The problem also seem to be general, regardless of brand and type of graphics adapter.

yes I too seem to have that problem with the NVG's aspect ratio in error.

I'm running in windowed mode and 2 7 inch Lilliput's USB monitors.

Good video Mastiff. That is exactly what is happening in my case as well.

your screen shot looks just like the briefing message

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/nv.jpg

Colin

There is no similarity whatsoever. Here's the screen shot of what I see when NVG are turned on.

th_ScreenShot_180.jpg

It is obvious that BS is trying to render the cockpit across more then one monitor. Its a bug.

Would it be possible for colin to post his settings he has in the view.lua or monitorsetup.lua? If these were altered in any way? ( I know these screenshots are in daylight, but I can not get my twin monitor setup to display the views pictured?) I am on Nvidia GTX 285.

Also, (colin) I see you are on ATI, what have you set in the CCC?

As for the NVG, it looks like the "Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

in;-

"(root)\Config\View\view.lua" are being switched by the NVG every time its used?:unsure:

I hate mysteries in hardware, it takes time away from flying. Trying to set up views is:pain:

Multimonitors solved!!!

greetings Zoomboy and anyone else who wants to run in multimonitors

Two things needed first, grant yourself full permissions as admin. Change default windows setting of 'Hide Files' to 'see files'(this is where the Options.lua is that nobody can find)

ALL THIS TO BE WRITTEN IN 'NOTEPAD++'

I have two monitors, centre, 1920x1080 and right monitor 1280x1024, the top left hand corner of the centre one is 0.0.

calculate how you want screens to look then put pixel numbers and name of setup in 'multimonitor setup.lua' (thats found in c\progamefiles86\eagledynamics\ka50\config\monitorsetup

here's mine

Description = 'Shkval and ABRIS on the right monitor, camera on the centre monitor'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.77;

}

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 1920; -- starts at the left of the secondary screen, 1920

y = 0;

width = 640; -- half the secondary screen pixel width

height = 1024; -- full height of secondary screen

}

Shkval =

{

x = 2560; -- as the Shkval starts at the second half of the right monitor

y = 0;

width = 640; -- half of 1024, the secondary monitor width

height = 512; -- to keep aspect correct, half height of secondary monitor (adjust this number to your own preferred height)

(thanks to Stuartson for the wording)

now go to c\progamefiles86\eagledynamics\blackshark\data\scrips\options.lua

and add yor settings here's mine

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "camera+ABRIS+Shkval",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 0,

["scenes"] = "medium",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "Medium",

["aspect"] = 2.96296,

["textures"] = 1,

["shadows"] = 2,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1080,

["resolution"] = "3200x1080",

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["width"] = 3200,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

Now go to c\users\your name\appdata\local\virtualstore\programefiles(86)eagledynamics\ka\options.lua

put details in.

here's mine

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 3,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 3,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1080,

["resolution"] = "1920x1080",

["civTraffic"] = 1,

["width"] = 3200,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

} -- end of options

thats it! if you keep this file open and change cockpit options in game you can see the changes!!

sceenshots and photos

good flying

a your own risk of course!!

Colin

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/noblur.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk224/VampyreMaster/Image4.jpg

Edited by colin
no inages

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I am having the same problems with my NVG view stretched across both screens (as well as the map (F10) view). A fix would be great.

PS - I also get the 'in mission messages' (not the wingman messages) on the right of the main monitor, which means that half the message is pushed onto my second monitor. Any ideas how to stop this happening?

Just to confirm, you're getting that in 1.0.1 or 1.0.2?

If it's 1.0.2, I'm not sure yet what magic trick in your config made the difference :)

Edit: I saw in your other thread that you've been using 1.0.1, I take it that hasn't changed.

Edited by topdog