ATI Cat 5.6 out

To be fair. The 5.6 drivers should be compared to the 5.5 drivers. Of course you'll get a boost from old drivers. We got that gain through all the drivers released before 5.6

Whatever man. Some of us saw in increase - some of us didn't. Okay, maybe you're one of the people who didn't see an increase, but just because you didn't, doesn't make 5.6s any worse than it is for people who did get some extra frames. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy Lock On, with the FPS boost or not ;)

sigzk5.jpg

Whatever man. Some of us saw in increase - some of us didn't. Okay, maybe you're one of the people who didn't see an increase, but just because you didn't, doesn't make 5.6s any worse than it is for people who did get some extra frames. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy Lock On, with the FPS boost or not ;)

Any reason why you think i'm not relaxed? I was simple making the point that the 5.6 drivers were supposed to be a gain over the latest 5.5 drivers. If you were using older drivers, you probably would have got a gain going up to the 5.5 drivers.

Buzz

To be fair. The 5.6 drivers should be compared to the 5.5 drivers. Of course you'll get a boost from old drivers. We got that gain through all the drivers released before 5.6

ALL other drivers between 4.11 and 5.6's have had worse FPS. that is why I used 4.11 cause everyone between 5.6 sucked for me.

ALL other drivers between 4.11 and 5.6's have had worse FPS. that is why I used 4.11 cause everyone between 5.6 sucked for me.

That's what's screwed up about drivers. They don't seem to act the same on all systems. I got a pretty good boost on the 5.x drivers. The only thing that concerns me about the 5.6 drivers is they don't say anything about big boosts in Lock On like that press release talked about. I wonder if it was all true? You would think with a claimed 50% increase that we'd all get a little something out of them?

Buzz

believe it or not, I find an overall better fps and smoother performance with same settings in lomac now with the new 5.6.

I believe this is a keeper. There is still some noticable flashing textures near airfeilds and near water surfaces...but they definately are not showstoppers.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|