HogBox

Duckling

Indicators work at last (hipp hipp...)

Turned out to be me (again) ;-)

In v1.1 I'd moved the handling to 'export after each event' together with some instrument data and it was ok there. In v1.2.x they worked erratic or not at all. Shifting'em to 'after each frame' got'em operational again.

- - - -

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indicators work at last (hipp hipp...)

Turned out to be me (again) ;-)

In v1.1 I'd moved the handling to 'export after each event' together with some instrument data and it was ok there. In v1.2.x they worked erratic or not at all. Shifting'em to 'after each frame' got'em operational again.

Hi Gus!

Nice to hear that you got your indicators to work.:thumbup:

I think that I must do the same thing to my indigators, even though my indicators was not acting like yours.

HarSu.

• 2 months later...

UFC in place. Credit for the box/knobs goes to Pitbldr (thanks Dave).

If it looks like a ratnest, you're spot on. The soldering of switches almost sent me on a oneway ticket to the shrink (might been there and forgotten about all about it though ;-)

Backlight connected to Aux Inst control on InterLight quad but no pwm function inplace yet, just on/off.

UFC_3.JPG.8ae5c2b5d4767cd8e7fb968ee0b30983.JPG

UFC_5.JPG.a4080c5d2ab837a450f83230d7cc801f.JPG

UFC_1.JPG.8e1eef7935673b16e67680c8241c98a2.JPG

- - - -

Thanks guys,

Switches used are Farnell 9472010 (same but 2 yellow, under the master caution switch)

MULTICOMP - TLL-62BG - TACTILE SWITCH, GREEN LED MULTICOMPTLL-62BG

Note the color diff between the true green LED "text" light in Data/page and Select rocker versus the rest where the illuminated switch leds are used, they goes more to the 'green-yellow' spectra.

- - - -

Very nice! I have just completed my UFC, and have the same color tactile switches. I briefly considered changing them to a more green color, but after that nightmare of a soldering job, I think I'll be leaving it as is. :)

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

Thanks. Can't agree more, it works so (at least now) the less I fipple with the wire's the better. Got the recommndation of switches from Linden and the warning they were "half" yellow but they will do.

@Hans, Thx. It currently the only one with backlight I got but highly needed. With the monitor behind it, it would be unreadable if not with LEDs(for once a good decision from my side:-)

Cheers

Gus

- - - -

I have also built the A10 Cockpit and you can watch it on my homepage http://www.a10-homecockpit.de/. It is not as elaborated as yours because I have not rebuilt it as a 1:1 copy. Your project is something really special. I haven’t seen such a great cockpit before. After my research I have found your cockpit in the DCS Forum and it has really fascinated me. That’s why I would like to realize your solutions with the wireless transmitting apparatus. Especially I would like to rebuild the display which shows the frequency of the wireless transmitting apparatus. But the problem is that my skills in informatics are not as good for this purpose. I have bought the hardware from Open Cockpits and I am now trying to program it.

My biggest problem is that the export.lua is from Helios and is not fitting with Open Cockpits. Could you send me your export.lua? It would be great if it could fit with Helios and Open Cockpits. I would be very thankful if you could help me.

Best wishes dieter474

Hallo Dieter. Sorry for a late response, i kinda got lost watching your pit & setup in the link above

Thanks for the kind words reg my Pit but checking the effort and results you put into yours is amazing (to say the least)

On the road currently and will be back home to the weekend, will post what I got. I use Gadrocs Helios provided link to my exportfiles and Oakes scriptbase. UHF/VHFs are oneway direction to the SIM currently (no exporting current SIM Radio settings but settings seems ok), TACAN is working with export from SIM. ILS is a bit of mess still trying to handle the gain value but Bnepethomas post of ILS code probably will solve that (Thanks Pete).

Best

/Gus

- - - -

Copy of my current set of files attached. A bit of a mess though :-)

[disclaimer:..

- several functions in SiocSupport are not in use (and several should need some additional work)

- Helios 'part' of export.lua file is commented out

- ILS is inop (work ongoing)

OC setup:

Left Console [dev 0] 1 USB Exp card, 3 Mastercards, 2 7Segm cards

Right Console [Dev 1] USB Exp card + 3 Mastercards, 1 7Seg cards

InstrumentPan [Dev 2] USB Exp card + 2 Mastercard, 1 7 Segm.Card, 1 ServoC.

Cheers

Gus

SIM_131217.zip

- - - -

Gus, have you found a more appropriate tactile switch? One that's more green than yellow? I know it's too late (maybe) for my UFC, but I still have a CDU to wire up, and would like this one to be green.

Also, I'd like to find a better way of attaching the buttons then just placing them on the switch with a dab of glue and hoping they turn out straight and working, if you know what I'm talking about? How are you doing it?

Thanka

Omron B3W9 might be an option. Found'em long after I got the tactiles I used, 10x10mm caps. Avalible in two diffrent force configs but don't know if there I round caps aviliable. Caps might be possible to laser after printed ?

I didn't use glue,was tempted but didn't wanna risk an ofset vs lightpanel. A somewhat sturdy pcb-lab board and chimsed it in behind the front with minimal distance between buttons/tachtiles so the each button is 'free float'. Work better that I feared :-)

- - - -

That looks about perfect. Too bad they're looking to be about $30 for 10 of them!

Was wondering if you might be able to tell me again how you attached the buttons? I'm afraid I'm not quite getting it, and I'd really like to understand as I still have to make the CDU and it has twice as many buttons as the UFC, and that was a pain!

Hi MacFevre. The UFC from PitBldr has knobs with a flange and the front is countersinked (or rather two plates glowed together with inner part that fit the flange) knobs can't fall out from the box. Pcb with tactiles holds the buttons in place so no need to have my glued fortunatly

- - - -

Hi MacFevre,

I sound kinda like how I solved it. The button itself is made with a shoulder.

Have attached a few photos from front and rear side and perhaps they may also give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEpLm_xTdwc

p.s. If you want I can try and find my Aspire files for the CDU. Might also be able to supply them in dwg.

Cheers

Hans

IMAG0562.thumb.jpg.4f6ff5a368bf2dafe1b8ce04e8e99e27.jpg

IMAG0567.thumb.jpg.c6f0de7900801045e06cdca3723a785b.jpg

Santa (guess who) in disguise visited and family's happy, grandson running wild and "chasing" the dogs (or the other way around) big laugh ;-) Great christmas meal and a malt scotch on the table to tune in the upcomming morning.

Tried to stay away but couldn't totaly avoid the addiction..

Merry christmas to you all

/Gus

IMG_0844.JPG.1c4ade4eff0b3acb5eb655d119e8632f.JPG

Edited by Duckling

- - - -

Sounds great Gus Merry Christmas I will join you later with a glass of that fine single malt I still have some in the cabinet All the best DM

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...