FC2 on BBC!

hassata

Holy crap:surprise:

I want one but then again, the things i would have to do for the wife the rest of my life...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

puke machine man... why is it that literally every single "home built" platform implements motion completely wrong? It's a shame to see all that impressive work fall short because they take the easy way out when it comes to simulating motion. If the cues that your eyes are getting does not match up with the cues your inner ear is getting, you're gonna frikin puke.

Sitting at the center of gravity and spinning in place is not the same thing as simulating the G forces on a pilot's body in flight. That's why a G force centrifuge puts the cabin out on an arm away from the pivot point. The idea of a motion platform is not to match the attitude of the aircraft in flight one for one. The idea is to simulate the sensations experienced by the pilot in flight using the motion of the platform and the earth's natural force of gravity. If the pilot pulls positive G, he/she feels pinned down and back into the seat. The pilot does not feel as if they are tumbling backwards (as it would feel with this motion platform).

• Like 1

Well when i first saw the video for the first time (right now), i don t know why, but the first thing that crossed my mind was that something was wrong.

The second time as the third i was already drolling.

but Y2kiah your plainly right, attitude is not the same as g force. And G force is predominent over gravity as long as you are above 1 g in turn or even acceleration. Unless i m wrong the plane doesn t push you as a potatoe free in a plastic bag being throwed around.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Trouble with this motion platform is in the fact that when you pitch your stick into negative Gs and your plane starts diving you'll hang on your straps!

In real aircraft diving and accelerating would push you back into your ejection seat!

Can it simulate out of plane centrifugal Gs that you can experinece in barrel rolls? No!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That thing is clearly for home use. And for what it is it must be fun. I want one!

How could one make a motion platform with G forces at home? That thing Desdemona in Holland fills a whole hall room.

Edited by EagleEye
added Link to Desdemona

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Trouble with this motion platform is in the fact that when you pitch your stick into negative Gs and your plane starts diving you'll hang on your straps!

In real aircraft diving and accelerating would push you back into your ejection seat!

Can it simulate out of plane centrifugal Gs that you can experinece in barrel rolls? No!

That's not true, At all, Negative G's lift you out of your seat and into your straps, Have you ever been on an Acrobatic flight? It's the same thing as when you go inverted, Once again, Hanging by your straps. The only time you are forced into your seat is when there is an onset greater than the 1G you are feeling right now.

STT Radar issue is leftover code.