Undestructable T72?

Kenan

I sprayed tons of CM rounds at a single T72 and not only it wasn't damaged but it kept on shooting at me. And yes, I did hit it quite a few times.

Now, I know it's a bullet vs tank but still..after so many strafing runs I expected it to go kaboom!

So what gives?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

What range were you firing from, high or low angle strafe, rear/side/front of target? All of these factors greatly effect your ability to kill a main battle tank with the GAU-8.

It is perfectly possible to kill a T-72 with around 100 rounds providing you engage correctly.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So what gives?

You're doing it wrong.

Watch this track:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1081387&postcount=7

Rinse and Repeat :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That coloring book is quite helpful....except for the high-school bully comments riddled throughout.....

Now, what exactly is a "slant range"? I can't find anything on that through Google or the forums.

I am going to go with angle/range. In other words, the correct angle and distance from target so the bullets get penetration.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That coloring book is quite helpful....except for the high-school bully comments riddled throughout.....

Now, what exactly is a "slant range"? I can't find anything on that through Google or the forums.

Really?

Anyway it's the distance from the aircraft to the point at what the pipper is aiming at, e.g. the number under your gun reticle.

Slant range is the distance from your aircraft to the target taking into account both your altitude and distance on the ground.

Basically draw a straight line in space from you to the target that is slant range, whereas the normal range refers to distance along the ground with altitude not accounted for.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It is a colouring book given to new A-10 pilots back in the day. I am not sure what you really expected from it :noexpression: