Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

A New Gaming RIG

Hi Guys,

I need some advise from all of you please. Not technically sound but i need to get the help of a friend to do this project of mine. So please be idiot proof with your specs. Please do give the brand and model number so that it will help me to purchase the said items.

1) A good & powerful intel chip

2) A good & powerful motherboard

3) Ram

4) GFX Card

5) Power source

Anything else you think i need to have a powerful gaming rig that last atlease 2-3 years. As for the soundcard, i curently have a Creative X-Fi with 7.1 speakers.

Thank you in Advance,

Gizmo :thumbup:

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

You are absouletly right Apples but like i said, im not technically sound so what ever is said, i could at least research on them and decide. More info i have, the better research i could do and come to a conclusion.

Thank You

Oh my!.....that was arrogant!

Rig:

CPU: I7 975 @3.33ghz

Mobo: Asus P6X58 D-E extreme

Mem: 12gb corsair.

Psu: 1kw psu H50 watercool

Gpu: ATI HD 5970 crossfire

Flightdeck:

Obutto cockpit

Output:3x24" BenQ monitors Eyefinity.

Input: Hotas warthog, Saitek Combat pedals, TIR 5 w/clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im Sorry

Guys, im sorry if you feel im arrogant but my intentions are not. Perhaps my way of informing came out wrong. For that i do apologize.

Regards,

Gizmo

serisously... so many threads people asking for what PC to get.. yadda yadda yadda... it's very simple... what ever money you have to spend go to few PC stores online and see what gets you for that money... there are also plently of reviews on the internet for most harware so don't let others do the searching for you... what ever you want to know it's on the net already... use some "Googling"

No longer active in DCS...

I was going to build a 500GBP PC...I used Google, saved more than I expected, and my sig happened!

The moral: seeing what a little extra money can get you can get out of control.

Edited by Rusty_M
tried to use the pounds sign again!

Pretty much agree with what people said here, except for the arrogance thing, that went straight past my head.. Do tons of research!

Just to give you a little pointer...

This seems to me to be the best CPU at the moment, performance for money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070&cm_re=i7-_-19-115-070-_-Product

This seems to me to be the best GPU at the moment, performance for money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125362&cm_re=gtx_560_ti-_-14-125-362-_-Product

If the GFX card isn't enough power for you, get 2 of them for SLI.

Don't go cheap on the PSU, get Corsair HX series.

Don't get less than 6GB RAM; I'd get 8 or 12.

Get an SSD for your system and you fav. sim.

Edited by Udat

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty much agree with what people said here, except for the arrogance thing, that went straight past my head.. Do tons of research!

Just to give you a little pointer...

This seems to me to be the best CPU at the moment, performance for money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070&cm_re=i7-_-19-115-070-_-Product

This seems to me to be the best GPU at the moment, performance for money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125362&cm_re=gtx_560_ti-_-14-125-362-_-Product

If the GFX card isn't enough power for you, get 2 of them for SLI.

Don't go cheap on the PSU, get Corsair HX series.

Don't get less than 6GB RAM; I'd get 8 or 12.

Get an SSD for your system and you fav. sim.

Udat,

thanks for the CPU tip. I myself have been seeking info on CPU, Motherboard, and Memory. I have to say about the to reference to "arrogance' by the OP,

it's a damn shame, seeking an opinion could be seen as the antithesis of arrogance.

I need an MB opinion for this CPU, the MEM i'll figure out my self.

I don't need any head slappers with the thought "i should have asked"

Mach1

.........seeking an opinion could be seen as the antithesis of arrogance

I don't need any head slappers with the thought "i should have asked"

Mach1

Agree!!:)

both "thesis" here seemed to be valid through the posts

This is an excample of the doctrine of dualism:music_whistling:

Rig:

CPU: I7 975 @3.33ghz

Mobo: Asus P6X58 D-E extreme

Mem: 12gb corsair.

Psu: 1kw psu H50 watercool

Gpu: ATI HD 5970 crossfire

Flightdeck:

Obutto cockpit

Output:3x24" BenQ monitors Eyefinity.

Input: Hotas warthog, Saitek Combat pedals, TIR 5 w/clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cannot find motherboards that fit that cpu anywhere, must be because the chipset problems intel had. I think the 1155 socket motherboards were recalled, the problem fixed, and are heading back to the market. Guess we'll just wait and see when. Alternatively, I can warmly recommend the i7-950 that I'm using myself. Just be prepared to get a 3rd part CPU cooler. I just bought the Corsair A70.

Edit: seems like this store have them in stock: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=5&subid=1906

Edited by Udat

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One note Udaty - I -think- a 2500K should give almost the same performance as the 2600K. The only thing you lose is HT (not really used by DCS) and 2 of the 8 megs of L3 Cache. But at only 2/3'rds the price it is probably even more of a bargain than the 2600K.

But that said - the 2600K is a MONSTER for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Clock for clock, is a SandyBridge going to be faster than a Q9*** ???

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

One note Udaty - I -think- a 2500K should give almost the same performance as the 2600K. The only thing you lose is HT (not really used by DCS) and 2 of the 8 megs of L3 Cache. But at only 2/3'rds the price it is probably even more of a bargain than the 2600K.

Aha, that is good to know. Thanks Eth :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Before rushing into conclusions one should test flight SIM's with both the 2500K and 2600K. The Benchies on reviewers only show FPS games that are bound to graphics (where even AMD CPU's make a good showing).

I always was under the impression that floating point+on chip cache was fundamental for heavy calculations which DCS has, but not so much about FPS games. If I was going for a new rig I would get the 2600K definitely.

(total system cost is spread when you buy other components such as a high end graphics card that few are happy without anyway and easely makes 2X as much as CPU's nowadays.).

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals