TM Warthog - how to add keys to un-selectable buttons in game options?

I would like to make my Left throttle button to be used as key "g" for deploying/retracting landing gear. How can i do that in-game options, when i cant assign an button to landing gears command ?

Note that i read about it in another post, and the solution was to remove TM warthog conf. files, lose all the settings and start from scratch...

I would like only to add a few commands to few of a buttons on my hotas, and not loose all my other working buttons..

In these example, i cant assign any of my hotas button to landing gear command in the configuration inside the game...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1114111&postcount=2

Also, just delete the Warthog Joystick file (Throttle is a seperate file) and all the keymappings will be available to you. Remapping the buttons on the joystick is quick and rather uncomplicated and took me 1 min at the most. The throttle I would not want to touch with a ten feet pole :P

I installed that hotfix though and did not have one crash while doing the remmappings in the controls menu.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

I think that maybe i didnt described the problem exactly...I just want to add a gear up/dn key to free and un-used button on my stick..In the game options, for gear up/dn is used key G, and under the TM warthog there is no option to add any button to landing gear command..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Anyone? Cmon guys, help me out?

Read my post again, it tells you exactly what you need to do to make this happen. I had the same problem, followed that provedure and I have gear now mapped to my paddle switch on my joystick.

The file is located here

drive:\...\DCS A-10C\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick

hreich,

I assign my buttons in game. Options/controls. Find the action you want then select the button under joystick or throttle and click "ADD" when the next screen comes up just press the button you wish to use and it will be assigned. You will still be able to use the keyboard button as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I think that maybe i didnt described the problem exactly...I just want to add a gear up/dn key to free and un-used button on my stick..In the game options, for gear up/dn is used key G, and under the TM warthog there is no option to add any button to landing gear command..

You might want to check my explaining in this thread first:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63164

and than get to

DCS A-10C Final Release Path\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\!_make_sure_you_backup_Throttle - HOTAS Warthog_!.lua

scroll down to block [183] and change bolded code line to:

[183] = 
       {
           ["combos"] = 
           {
               [1] = 
               {
                   ["key"] = "JOY_BTN15",
               }, -- end of [1]
           }, -- end of ["combos"]
           ["name"] = "HOTAS Left Throttle Button",
           ["category"] = "HOTAS",
           [b]["down"] = 68, -- changed from 571[/b]
       }, -- end of [183]

["down"] = 68, -- changed from 571

Hope that helps.

Edited by slimakwielki

Ok, hreich, here you go...

I hope I didn't misunderstand what you want to do but I believe you want to do exactly what I did. I mapped my TM WH throttle to do landing gear, caution light and jettison weapons like this:

1. Open file explorer and navigate to

<A10 installation folder>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick

2. use notepad++ to open file Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua

3. open in another notepad++ tab the file default.lua

4. find in default.lua the function you want to map in your HOTAS (which is not available for mapping by default, i.e., not clickable with ADD button);

example for landing gear:

find Landing Gear in the file (CTRL-f in notepad++), you'll see a row with

{down = iCommandPlaneGear, name = 'Landing Gear Up/Down', category = 'Landing gear panel'}, (row #813)

5. Paint&copy that with the mouse. Now go to the tab with the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua file. Paste that line somewhere in the file, like in the "-- Systems" section and add "combos" command for proper throttle button like this:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN15'}} ,down = iCommandPlaneGear, name = 'Landing Gear Up/Down', category = 'Landing gear panel'}, (inserted row #285)

This makes the red throttle button (button number 15) to function as the landing gear switch.

6. Find the original mapping (if it is set by default) in the file and unmap it by deleting the "combos" part of the row. E.g., for button 15 replace the row

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN15'}} ,down = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_LeftThrottleButton, name = 'HOTAS Left Throttle Button', category = 'HOTAS'},

with

{down = iCommandPlane_HOTAS_LeftThrottleButton, name = 'HOTAS Left Throttle Button', category = 'HOTAS'},

CTRL-f with "BTN<number>" can be effective here. :smilewink:

7. Repeat for any other commands you wish to map. If you don't remember the numbers for the buttons, you can bypass the part of adding the combos to the line you've pasted into the throttle config file. You should be able to set the mapping in the options panel of the sim by clicking the ADD buttion if the corresponding row is inserted in the file.

8. Save the files (remember to keep a backup of the original before messing with them!) and exit notepad++.

9. IF YOU HAVE PLAYED THE SIM AFTER INSTALLING IT, chances are that the sim has written your custom mappings on the hard disk. Following the above mentioned approach and using the default mapping as a starting point, you should now remove any mappings for the throttle saved by the sim earlier or you will see no results in the sim. So, navigate to

<A10 installation folder>\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick

and delete the file Throttle - HOTAS Warthog *.lua

where * stands for any alphanumeric string you happen to have as your throttle ID string. (The custom mappings are saved in that folder.)

10. Start up the sim, go to options panel and check that you did everything right and adjust if needed. Map any keys that you didn't give combos for. If you want to change things later without deleting the custom mapping files, maybe it works if you read the post by slimakwielki above.

11. Crank up the turbines and go kick some Shilka's ass. :joystick:

Hope this helps. It's roughly what I did.

Edited by RedX

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

Wow, it looks like a lot of people have found difficult ways to do something simple! First of all, I made the paddle switch on the stick base a modifier in the control panel. Then, assign the autopilot button on the left throttle to the gear function with the paddle switch as a modifier. I also made the master mode control button an active pause toggle with the paddle as a modifier. I had some other stuff mapped in Beta 2 and 3 but stopped with the realization I would have to do them all over again in the final....but its not hard and the in game control panel gives you lots of flexibility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hi MD

I am new to programming joysticks and was wondering if you had any hints to help me setup my TM Warthog for DCS Black Shark?

With A10C Warthog i will wait till i can buy the game in Aussie which i am told is going to be in April. I am new to true flight sims but i love the challenge and i want to learn. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Intel I975 CPU, Gigabyte UD7 MB, 6 gig Corsair CMX6GX3M3B2000C9 ddr3 Ram, GTX580 Vid Crd , SB Xfi live 5.1 Sound, TM Warthog , ASUS VG236h 3D monitor, Nvidia 3D setup, Natural point IR5 track pro, Win 7

I need to do programming bit, because on row with the gear, the option is

colored in different blue, and i cant use option to assign new button...

Wow, it looks like a lot of people have found difficult ways to do something simple! First of all, I made the paddle switch on the stick base a modifier in the control panel. Then, assign the autopilot button on the left throttle to the gear function with the paddle switch as a modifier. I also made the master mode control button an active pause toggle with the paddle as a modifier. I had some other stuff mapped in Beta 2 and 3 but stopped with the realization I would have to do them all over again in the final....but its not hard and the in game control panel gives you lots of flexibility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I need to do programming bit, because on row with the gear, the option is

colored in different blue, and i cant use option to assign new button...

Dude!!! Did you delete the warthog joystick file in ..\DCS A-10C\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C\joystick like I said you should!! It WILL solve your problem, go ahead, try it!!!

If that doesn't work then delete the warthog joystick file in C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick and remap all the functions by hand for the joystick! Leave the throttle file in place as that is a whole nother ballgame to remap yourself. The joystick however is quick and fast to redo yourself. Look on page 84 of the manual to get the controls to each button.

Edited by RogueRunner

I can confirm that this is newly broken in the release version. Under BETA 4 it was possible to assign the left throttle button to toggle landing gear up/down as the OP wants to do (I know because that's how I set it up in beta4), but it just isn't possible in the release version without editing lua files. Giving the crashing as well, it seems like the options screen is more broken now than before.

Intel Core i7-950, 6GB Corsair DDR3, Nvidia GTX460 1GB, TM HOTAS Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Track-IR4Pro, Helios

I can confirm that this is newly broken in the release version. Under BETA 4 it was possible to assign the left throttle button to toggle landing gear up/down as the OP wants to do (I know because that's how I set it up in beta4), but it just isn't possible in the release version without editing lua files. Giving the crashing as well, it seems like the options screen is more broken now than before.

I take that back :music_whistling:

It is possible from the Options screen (I just figured out how I did it last time with BETA 4), but it's not very intuitive. Basically you have to select Systems in the Filter in the options and then you'll see a "Toggle Landing Gear Up/Down" action which can be assigned to the Warthog buttons.

The "G" key assignment for landing gear toggle is assigned to a different action "Landing Gear Up/Down" (under the Landing Gear panel selection) but this doesn't allow you to assign to the Warthog.

So two actions for the same thing - you just have to find the right one. Quite why it's done this way I've no idea, but it ain't very intuitive.

Intel Core i7-950, 6GB Corsair DDR3, Nvidia GTX460 1GB, TM HOTAS Warthog, CH Rudder Pedals, Track-IR4Pro, Helios

im having issues too with the Boatswitch center position its greyed out and cant be set. forward and backwards is fine just center, I just got my stick like 1 hour ago so I need to figure it out. I got everything else working just fine. :helpsmilie:

Why are you trying to program the boatswitch? (in fact same goes for most of the WH buttons/assignments - the A-10C provides the correct mappings for TM HW by default, so you only need to set-up the few unused buttons where you want to program some extras).