New Patch needs new TrackIRfixer - avoid till its released

Sorry everyone, this is not the case. It must have been something with my installation. I removed and reinstalled A10c and the fixer worked no problems. If Anyone knows how to remove or edit the title, please let me know so I can do so.

I put the new patch on my computer, looking forward to the improvements but never gave my Freetrack setup a thought. Its replaced the file that TrackIRfixer sorts out. I can no longer use my headset :( . Avoid till one is released

Edited by jireland607

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

ED, would it be that difficult to include an input for FreeTracks own output stream? Surely, as you seem to have the ability to detect all types of joystick and trackIR, it can't be that difficult, and as for losing my headtracking for a couple of weeks everytime you release a patch......

Its not just FreeTrack either, I'm keeping an eye on an emerging FaceTrackNoIR which looks very good. Again, it can supply output as FreeTrack.

Let us show ED how many of us use FreeTrack and would like better support for it - post a response in this thread.

______________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.4 Ghz | 8GB DDR3 Dual Channel | Ati HD4850 XFX | 22" Samsung TFT & NEC 17" touchscreen

I put the new patch on my computer, looking forward to the improvements but never gave my Freetrack setup a thought. Its replaced the file that TrackIRfixer sorts out. I can no longer use my headset :( . Avoid till one is released.

I use Freetrack too and was able to "patch" the (32bit!) updated exe with the old TIRfixer.

I use Freetrack too and was able to "patch" the (32bit!) updated exe with the old TIRfixer.

Confirmed TrackIR fixer 1.2.0.16 worked perfectly as always.

Burner

Intel Core i7 9700 @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080Ti, Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, HOTAS Hornet, Virpil CM2 Base, MFG Rudders , HP Reverb Pro

you will find that ED is bound by contract with NaturalPoint, and NP will want their I.P. protected,so they, ED, cannot release anything that is in support of a "competitor" product.

Unfortunate, but reality.:smilewink:

ED, would it be that difficult to include an input for FreeTracks own output stream? Surely, as you seem to have the ability to detect all types of joystick and trackIR, it can't be that difficult, and as for losing my headtracking for a couple of weeks everytime you release a patch......

Its not just FreeTrack either, I'm keeping an eye on an emerging FaceTrackNoIR which looks very good. Again, it can supply output as FreeTrack.

Let us show ED how many of us use FreeTrack and would like better support for it - post a response in this thread.

Action After Contemplation

you will find that ED is bound by contract with NaturalPoint, and NP will want their I.P. protected,so they, ED, cannot release anything that is in support of a "competitor" product.

Unfortunate, but reality.:smilewink:

Source?

Nothing I've seen so far has pointed to any contract or agreement with NP. Maybe an agreement of some sorts with TM for the WH but not NP. They just develop their sim and NP has to try and keep up.

Source?

Nothing I've seen so far has pointed to any contract or agreement with NP. Maybe an agreement of some sorts with TM for the WH but not NP. They just develop their sim and NP has to try and keep up.

http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.com/#Exclusive_dealing

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56848&highlight=FREEtrack

this is old news now.

Action After Contemplation

Hmm, that's a request from NP but no contract with them. In the end the effect's the same though - no Freetrack or other type of head tracking device.

Yeah like you said - it is unfortunate but there's nothing that any of us can do then.

Like Burner said, it works, you just need to patch the file again after installing the patch.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

I'm new with freetrack and want to try it with the sim, but do I need to configure something in the game like axis or something else, or just need to apply the trackirfix? :joystick:

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

I'm new with freetrack and want to try it with the sim, but do I need to configure something in the game like axis or something else, or just need to apply the trackirfix? :joystick:

I never change anything in game, since after applying the TIRFixer for the DCS engine it sees FreeTrack as TrackIR.

All adjustments i do through the FreeTrack program.

AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8@3360 MHz | MB Asus M4A78-EM | 4GB DDR2-800 Kingston | XFX HD 5770 @850-900/1200-1300 | 500G Samsung HD502HI | Case CM 335 | CM-EPP 460W | Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) | Saitek X65F | Freetrack(Wii Remote) | LG 23' W2353V

Like Burner said, it works, you just need to patch the file again after installing the patch.

I did try that but got an error saying "incorrect file or permissions" (or something of that nature) Maybe its something else then but it worked fine for me last time. I'll give it another go.:doh:

You will need to apply the trackirfix first. Then open FreeTrack and make sure you have the TrackIR output selected. Start you camera and centre the view. Now open A10c, go into options>controls, if its working, you will see an new column for it.

You will not really need to change much in the game as it will assign all axis correctly. You will however need to setup FreeTrack for your own configuration. Easiest way to do this is to run A10c in Windowed Mode so you can see both screens side by side (better with multimonitor) then adjust the sliders to the desired sensitivity.

Say on the Pitch Axis, when you look right up, you should be looking up on the game, when you look down, make sure you can see all controls etc...... MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THE PROFILE WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED.

Thats it, return A10c to Full Screen or however you had it before and enjoy what I found to be one of the best things I have setup on my PC. :joystick:

The trackir fixer works only for 32 bit version. Any notice for new patch for 64 bit. Where is the problem for new patch for 64 bit? We need. We need that. Thank's.

Since it says this on the Natural Point of View website:

Only for 32bit (x86) games using 32bit interface, 64bit (x64) games require 64bit interface which is not currently available with TrackIR compatible alternatives.

I think this mean we will need not only need a new TIRFixer but a new FreeTrack version capable of using the 64bit interface of DCS.

Since it says this on the Natural Point of View website:

I think this mean we will need not only need a new TIRFixer but a new FreeTrack version capable of using the 64bit interface of DCS.

Yes i now this problem. But no notice for work's in progress?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

None that i know of.

And since the last FreeTrack as released in November 22nd 2008, i don't have much hope. :(