New Toss Bombing Video

Mule

There is no centrifugal force. Don't think with non-inertial reference systems.

The moment the bomb is released, it continues on a ballistic path. You cannot throw curve bombs.

Pulling positive G's is going to impart significantly more energy into the bomb release, effectively sending it much, much farther than if you had released it at 1G.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Correct, mostly. Kinetic energy is 1/2*m*v^2, you have potential or height energy as well (m*g*h). The total energy of the bomb is the sum of these two. It will decrease during its flight due to drag. You're right that pulling G's does not affect the trajectory other than making it less accurate. What you do by pulling up before release is to change the initial orientation of the bomb. This changes the trajectory to intersect the terrain at a point further from the aircraft, i.e. increasing range. High aircraft velocity, of course increases the effect of this upward orientation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Cool, i didn't even known this bombing tactics. Just awesome!

Does it work with LGB's too?

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

You need at least 12,000ft of height above the target to properly employ an LGB or GBU in general. At that height tossing makes no sense. So, I'd say no.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Energy is just the vectored squared over two at the instant of release. Acceleration doesn't factor. In pure simple physics the velocity, orientation, and position at release is complete to determine trajectory.

Weird loadings can cause rapid variable change and bad releases for less accuracy and safety though.

If you want to know what the bombing computer used for variables and values turn the auto-scroll HUD feature on (IFFCC) and slow/pause on track playback.

Than you forgot the inertia my friend, bomb will initially follow the path of the tangent to the point on curve while pulling Gs then will reach the highest point where it will loose its vertical velocity and start dropping.

He didn't forget inertia, the tangent is the same vector as the velocity vector at the moment of release. It makes no difference to the bomb's trajectory whether or not you are pulling G's at time of release. Acceleration vector depends on whether you are pulling up or not, but that vector ceases to exist for the bomb the instant it is released (instead the acceleration vector becomes 1G pointing straight down plus a little backwards due to friction with the air).

Ok I think we're agreeing here. I see your point about rotational moment of inertia, I also did not consider that. Though I doubt it would have much of an effect, as any initial "tilt" to one side would be centered by drag from tail fins, and since the centering is sort of a wobbling oscillation, I'm guessing that any course deviations would average out to the same average course. I feel like the overall effect of releasing while the plane is rapidly pitching up is that the bomb would have greater effective aerodynamic cross-section and thus would fall short of the target. But the computer inaccuracies must have a much greater effect on the flight path than the wobbling, because lobbed bombs are commonly going long.