DRAGONs MISSIONPACK

And all you need to do in order to play a mission in SP is copy & paste a unit, make it "player" and add a few wingmen.

Sadly it is not that easy.

There are way tooooo many enemies for SP.

The missions are created for 4-8x Ka-50 AND 4-8x A-10c.

So I would have to remove a lot of enemies.

But this is not the problem!

If I create a SP version also, I have to do changes/suggestions in two (SP & MP) versions.

This is always the double effort.

I did that mistake for my BS-Missionpack and I woun't do that again.

And as I sad: I never fly SP so I will pay effort for something I will never use. NO!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change Log: (V6.2)

Attack on Krymsk:

- Added Ground Crew to Airfield (to appear alive)

GudautaRush:

HamburgerHill:

- Fixed A.I. Helo on Airfield to [uncontrolled]

Operation Bigfoot:

RookieTerrorists:

HardcoreTerrorists:

- Added Ground Crew to both Airfields (to appear alive)

The Bay:

- Fixed Mig-29 altetude

- Fixed Message "Mig-29 starting" after Mig-29 are dead.

The Dam:

Thunderstruck:

Edited by =STP= Dragon

Missionpack released for BS2 & WH

Change log:

... to many things to numerate...

=STP= DRAGON,

I'm rather new to this but could a single player who do not play any online missions, change all of the "CLIENT's+ to an AI setting such as High, Excellant, etd. and still play these missions as standalone missions????

@ spn: Technically this is possible but - No there have to be a lot of other changes to get this to work as it should work.

In my point of view it is easier to remove 70% of the enemies, rework all the triggers, set one CLIENT to PLAYER and add 3 wingman, than getting the A.I. A-10 to do what they should do.

But I will not do this!

This missions are created for online coop playing A-10c and Ka-50!!!

Edited by =STP= Dragon

@ spn: Technically this is possible but - No there have to be a lot of other changes to get this to work as it should work.

In my point of view it is easier to remove 70% of the enemies, rework all the triggers, set one CLIENT to PLAYER and add 3 wingman, than getting the A.I. A-10 to do what they should do.

But I will not do this!

This missions are created for online coop playing A-10c and Ka-50!!!

I wasn't suggesting that you do this. I was mearly asking if an individual could spend some time on this and do it for themselves.

Thanks

What you do for yourselfe is up to you I can't forbid it. But please do not release it.

If you want to do this do it like that:

- Take a look in the triggers list and understand how the mission works.

- Delete 50-70% of the enemies

- Rework the triggers list so no "empty" triggers remaining and the mission works as before.

- Take a CLIENT, switch it to PLAYER and add 3 wingmans.

- Rework the "Start" or "Activate" triggers so the wingman will trigger actions also.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

dragon

entering into the A10 cockpit in the "hamburger hill" mission. the pilots view seems very odd. like it is too far back. also the hud appears to be zoomed to far in.

i have only started one other of you missions within the 6.2 rel. so far they seem ok.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

also in the "thunder struck" mission, the JTAC 9 line read back showed script error on the screen just prior to "read back correct". cant remember what the function was... sorry.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi july865,

thank you for the bug report! :thumbup:

I don't understand why you have this problem in HamburgerHill.

I can't force a setting for this in the editor. Please check your settings.

The problem with the JTACs in Thnderstruck is a known bug:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1327615#post1327615

But if you see the error message you can continue the dialog by open the radio menu and choose the next step.

the cockpit view was verified from 3 others that were in the server playing the game. i can take a screen shot and post later today.

the thunderstruck mission was playable. that was the only issue... good mission. ty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I fixed the view-problem.

I will test it and release the fix (and some other fixes too) in a new version soon.

@ july865: This mission was created with BS v1.0.2

In this version a folder "Config" was created into the .miz file.

If you delete it it should be ok. (will do this for next version)

@ HiJack: Setting is forced to MEDIUM. But you'r right. I will not force this and let the setting up to the client.

Thanks Dragon, I have had reports of the same thing with A10C pilots on our server also running your maps.... waiting patiently for an updated release!!!! your maps are awesome mate... well done!!!!

Edited by Macross

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great stuff Dragons, thanks, :)

I'm experiencing the zoom bug also, for my part, i get zoomed away too much, even Num Pad 5, doesn't reset it, but the aicraft i made Airborn, in MP is zomed out, but in SP is all fine (i made that Aircraft Player)

But i need a hint, i had a problem before in that mission, never been able to target the Tungusha on the Farp platform, the most western one, as soon as i made it point track, ut made the TGP target elsewhere, now since 1.1.1.0 it doesnt point track fine, but the mav never wants to lock on it, it switch to anoter target, without any lock... anone else has this problem? in other words, TMS up short never lock, and never allows to shoot, it simply switch to the other nearby target again witht he possibility to shoot a Mav.

EDIT: Here's a track, the only way around i'Ve found, was to load AGM-65H instead of it's D coonterpart and Forced Correlate the area instead of point/lock, you can see sometimes, that, with forces of habit with the TGP as SOI, and doing TMS UP short to get point track, i lost my target and end up doing anotehr pass to relocate my target to get a safe roll in. Unfortunately, i don't know how far to the end of the flight the Track recored, since my second CBU-105 drop made WH crashed.

RE-EDIT: damn it, forget the track, i just tried to watch it, and it's corrupted, i'll work on another one tomorow. :)

Thanks

farp-pointbug.trk

Edited by Doum76

TMS up short never lock, and never allows to shoot, it simply switch to the other nearby target again witht he possibility to shoot a Mav.

That's normal.

The MAV locks the target with the biggest contour near the tracking gate.

If you see (when you lock) that the MAV is moving away from that point you slew it to, simply press Chinahat fwd long again to slew it back to your SPI.

Then try it again and again and again till it is locking the correct target.

This is not a bug, it is a reaistic feature. ;)

That's normal.

The MAV locks the target with the biggest contour near the tracking gate.

If you see (when you lock) that the MAV is moving away from that point you slew it to, simply press Chinahat fwd long again to slew it back to your SPI.

Then try it again and again and again till it is locking the correct target.

This is not a bug, it is a reaistic feature. ;)

I was just editing my post as you reply. :) Yep i understand what you say, but you might get an idea with the track, ie: when the target on the platform with the TGP is poitn track, it targets some weird other places, as if, it's pointing in empltyness, so i wounder how the mav can get a clear lock if even the TGP acts weird? or maybe i am definately not understanding how it words. :) Tomorow i'll try to make a Track with the D's to show what mean, before toe xplain with a track. :)

But i really enjoy all your missions, thanks again. :)

You know that you don't need to [Point] a target to crate a SPI?

Try to get into the habit of only [Point] a target if it is moving.

The TGP is ground stabilized. That means it remains on the coordinates it is looking at. You don't need the [Point] mode for that.

The [Point] mode is to track moving targets. It recognizes the vehicle in the image and try to track it.

If a target is not moving it is better to simply slew the TGP on it and press TMS fwd long to create a SPI without [Point] mode.

By the way: I hope to release the next version with a lot's of fixes and -becasue of JTAC-problems- completely reworked triggers on the weekend.

@ HiJack: Setting is forced to MEDIUM. But you'r right. I will not force this and let the setting up to the client.

I have seen missions with settings not forced before be owercrowded with civil traffic so test that settings Dragon. I think if you leave the traffic settings unforced it somehow pics the settings the designer have set in his singleplayer settings. Check that out Dragon. I always force my civil traffic off because of the frame surge that BS and A-10C have at the moment. That may change with a later patch.

EDIT: But enormous work with these missions Dragon! :notworthy:

(HJ)

But enormous work with these missions Dragon! :notworthy:(HJ)

So true!

• i5-3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX660Ti, SSD, Win7 64Bit
  • Warthog Base + Cougar Stick, Cougar Throttle (el cheapo HAL-Mod), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight

@ HiJack:

If the setting is unforced in the mission options, the settings of the host/server (singleplayer options) will get active.

If the setting of the host/server is OFF/unforced the settings of the client will get active.

I want to do it like that because personaly I want to see civil traffic.

By the way: Are you sure that the low performance is because of the civil traffic???

Edited by =STP= Dragon