Send Data again

bluepilot76

Hi Folks, sorry if I have missed something obvious. I know its been done a hundred times already. I would have thought the new patch would solve the net reset bug which stops the JTAC getting the data to me, but for me I never really had a problem with this in the past and now it seems that I do.

Thing is, when me and wingman take off we are both on the same net. I know this because his plane is blue (TAD) whereas all other friendlies are green. If i change my setting to something else he becomes green, meaning I am no longer on his net. So it doesnt seem logical to me to change my net settings. Anyway most of the time we are Hawg 1-1 on the radio, and thats what it says on my net setting.

What should I change it too? the numbers from the briefing? the numbers in my radiocall? Is it still broken?

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Oh OK great thanks for the clear and quick reply. I look forward to trying it, it takes ages to type in the waypoint manually!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I don't think your group ID always has to be 1. The key for me is to listen to the radio when I call JTAC. Sometimes your flight number changes when you listen to yourself on the radio. For example, your real call is Hawg 7-1, but when you call JTAC, the AI will say "...this is Hawg 1-1". That's when I know to quickly change the net group to 1. It's only like that on a few missions though. If the AI radio says 7-1, then I don't change it, and it still works.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

I don't think your group ID always has to be 1. The key for me is to listen to the radio when I call JTAC. Sometimes your flight number changes when you listen to yourself on the radio. For example, your real call is Hawg 7-1, but when you call JTAC, the AI will say "...this is Hawg 1-1". That's when I know to quickly change the net group to 1. It's only like that on a few missions though. If the AI radio says 7-1, then I don't change it, and it still works.

Thanks for this!!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

I notice that after making that datalink target the spi, and accidentally make another sensor make a spi, the datalink trigangle disappears. Is there any way to bring back that datalink?

Not that I know of. Pretty easy to make a waypoint out of it from the TAD, though, if you think you need to switch around to other sensors before prosecuting it...

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

I just wanted to add something.

In a previous thread, one of them about Wags' Flight Management video. Wags stated if you don't have your SPI broadcasting when you task your wingman to "Engage with", that the AI will default back to the default "Engage" logic.

Because changing your NetID will theoretically cause your AI not to be able to see your SPI being broadcast (I honestly don't know if this is true or not though), it is possible that any "Engage with" commands to the AI will result in them using the default "Engage" logic.

I have gotten into the habit of after takeoff noting what my NetID is when I start. Change it to 01 when calling into JTAC and getting the datalink target. I then change it back to the original NetID, just in case....before I order my wingman to do anything with an SPI attack.

Hopefully in the next patch the datalink stuff will totally get sorted out so I won't have to wonder anymore :)