ServMan v3 for DCS:A-10C Warthog

Panzertard

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange. I was running with this parameter set to a lot of different values and newer had crash because of it. Try setting the value to "5" or some low value. I would also go back to the default config file first.

PS! YOU ARE USING NOTEPAD++ Or some other editor than the default Notepad? Thats important!

(HJ)

Strange. I was running with this parameter set to a lot of different values and newer had crash because of it. Try setting the value to "5" or some low value. I would also go back to the default config file first.

PS! YOU ARE USING NOTEPAD++ Or some other editor than the default Notepad? Thats important!

(HJ)

I set 5 and it works :huh:, the server running. But with parameter 100 or higher crash. Strange thing. My server is running in windows server 2008 (32 bits) and maybe here is the problem

I'm using notepad++

• 2 weeks later...

we have installed servman today will all the stock settings. so far so good. with just a few hours of testing. i have read these posts from front to back and no issues so far.

can anyone provide any info that a new server should have? we have already set the 3D = false. other than that, any helpful insight would be appreciated.

ty panzertard!!

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ty hijack

anyone with some helpful hints setting up serman correctly ? we have it up just need to tweek it.

Edited by july865

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

ServMan for BS2?

Hello,

I see ServMan 3 is out and it states it is only for DCS A10C, and I see there is an older version of ServMan for the original Black Shark.

I was curious if you are able to use ServMan for Black Shark 2?

Any help would be appreciated. thumbup.gif

Thank you,

~ LA

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Hello,

I see ServMan 3 is out and it states it is only for DCS A10C, and I see there is an older version of ServMan for the original Black Shark.

I was curious if you are able to use ServMan for Black Shark 2?

Any help would be appreciated. thumbup.gif

Thank you,

~ LA

Don't use servman 3 RC1 for DCS A-10C patch 1.1.1.1

It'll ruin your day. big time.

Other than that use Servman 2.5

search the forums, they'll crop up.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

So are there any firm issues besides not unpausing? It's suspected of causing crashes, under what circumstances, exactly? One thing I definitely noticed is when I look at the dcs.log files from servers running Servman, frequently I'm seeing Lua errors. The solutions to these problems might become apparent if I took a look at some more dcs.log files from times when Servman was malfunctioning (.crash files are pretty useless to me unfortunately). Actually, even when Servman seems to be working correctly, I've seen a handful of Lua errors IIRC. So dcs.log files might be useful even from servers where Servman appears to be working correctly. I never paid those Lua errors much attention, because last time I checked this thread was a while ago, and Servman seemed to be working correctly for the most part.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

SimFlyers is running servman 3 RC1 on 2 DCS A-10C patch 1.1.1.1 servers. They will crash sometimes when loading a mission, other than that I don't see any big problems. We have an autoit script to restart it when necessary, so they run mostly unattended.

• ED Team
also

how do you force players to connect to the 128 setting??

from Scripts/net/default.cfg:

server = {
   client_inbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' inbound rate (in bytes per second)
   client_outbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' outbound rate (in bytes per second)
}

0 means no limit

Edited by c0ff
clarification

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

from Scripts/net/default.cfg:

server = {
   client_inbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' inbound rate (in bytes per second)
   client_outbound_limit = 0, -- limit clients' outbound rate (in bytes per second)
}

0 means no limit

Nice, does that work? Always just been recomending 128 as clients settings.

SimFlyers is running servman 3 RC1 on 2 DCS A-10C patch 1.1.1.1 servers. They will crash sometimes when loading a mission, other than that I don't see any big problems. We have an autoit script to restart it when necessary, so they run mostly unattended.

Are you able to share the script that you use to restart the server and or the method of checking its alive. I have tried to use some monitoring software that polls the game port, 10308 but i have found that the game can be crashed and in a "DCS.exe is not responding" windows error state, but im still able to telnet to the game port on 10308 and get a response. So my monitoring sotware (N-Able) couldnt detect the server was crashed. Also, how do you automate a map to start automaticly using scripts.. is this possible????

Thanks in advance for any help with these issues. I have been running The Older Gamers BS1 and BS2 servers for a couple of years and never had so much trouble trying to keep the server running.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can use php script to check if server is online. My script: http://lockon.pl/status.php

Very simple server check example:

<?php

$socket=@fsockopen($serwer="your IP or domain",$porta="10308",$errno,$errstr,2);

if($socket==true)
       {
           echo "DCS server is <font color='green'>online</font>";
       }
   else
       {
           echo "DCS server is <font color='red'>offline</font>";
       }
   ?>

Result:

http://lockon.pl/test1.php

Edited by Sanch0

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

I have been searching the forums, but haven't seen too much about BS2 and Servman. Has anyone used ServMan 2.5 for Black Shark 2 yet with success?

Thanks again!

~ LA

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

thank you for posting this c0ff

i am 'assuming' on the server-side, we are to limit the inbound?? lets say too 128??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you for posting this c0ff

i am 'assuming' on the server-side, we are to limit the inbound?? lets say too 128??

I know very little about network protocols, but taking the comments at face value, you'd probably be better off if you limited it to 128000 ;)

Also, remember that these are bytes, not bits, so 128000 B (B = bytes) is just over 1Mb (b = bits). Very few consumer internet connections have more than a few Mb/s of upload speed. I'd imagine you'd want to tailor your client outbound and inbound limits based on the specifics of your connection, and how many clients you expect to connect, right?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Are you able to share the script that you use to restart the server and or the method of checking its alive. I have tried to use some monitoring software that polls the game port, 10308 but i have found that the game can be crashed and in a "DCS.exe is not responding" windows error state, but im still able to telnet to the game port on 10308 and get a response. So my monitoring sotware (N-Able) couldnt detect the server was crashed.

This would be because Windows keeps the application open after it's crashed, in order to be able to collect debugging information from it. You can prevent this behaviour with a registry change, see here. I'm not 100% sure this will work for all cases, but it should at least allow the program to actually exit if it crashes. Short version:

1. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting in the registry.
  2. Create a new DWORD key called DontShowUI, and set the value to 1.
  3. You'll probably need to reboot before it will take effect.

Also, how do you automate a map to start automaticly using scripts.. is this possible????
I use an AutoHotKey script to send mouse click events to the game window in order to launch the server. It's not especially robust (e.g. if it fails to login to the master server for some reason, it'll just keep blindly 'clicking' ineffectively). AutoHotKey and similar programs can also check to see if DCS.exe is running, rather than having to try connecting to the port.

I've attached a simplified variant of my script which might give you a starting point. Should work for a 1024x768 resolution (in windowed mode). If you use a different resolution you can comment out subsequent parts and adjust the coordinates through trial-and-error, which is how I built it in the first place.

The position it clicks on to load the mission is 3 file/folder names down from the top of the list. The game remembers the last used mission folder and defaults to that location when you click on the 'new server' button.

launcher.zip

hmm.. good point. i wonder what the correct string would be? just trying to be precise.

Most likely it uses the same format as the client setting value, so I'd try setting the client to whatever you want (DSL 128) and then checking the network configuration settings file to see what it saved there.

Edited by nomdeplume
Freakin' smilies

Thanks nomdeplume for sharing... i have had a play around with your .ahk script and it looks promising... but when i modify it and point it to my install directory it opens the dcs.exe file and then closes it agian after a few seconds. I am thinking its some kind of permissions issue or perhaps part of the loop in the start of the script. did you have this problem when deploying on your system?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]