Panzertard

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.0.1 for DCS:A-10C 1.1.0.8

Fixes:

- Fixed saving bantables

- Minor fixes with server pause / unpause, previous release did not include the updated code.

- Fixed kick, failed due to saving of bantables

- Minor fixes for the Set command as well as helptexts.

- Fixed a problem with sloppy coding in the Auto-restart of a mission, when mission wouldn't load as expected.

- Timeset would not work if mission_restart was used instead of mission_rotate. Devs has been given a crashcourse into checking their own code before release, this wont happen again.

Changes:

- /HELP made more useful. You can now search for parts of any keyword. Eg /help ban or /help list

- Lifting a ban now leaves a comment about who lifted the ban.

- ServMan will use "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3" for any saving - or loading modded configs.

All saving will happen in this directory. Will not longer save files in the DCS install directory.

NEW *** Custom config can be SAVED or LOADED. ***

With the config profiles, you can now quickly load a PUBLIC or SQUAD config if you like. When settings are saved, all the relevant SERVMAN settings will be saved to a new file in the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3".

CONFIG Syntax

/CONF SAVE MyPublicConf or /CONF LOAD public or just /CONF

Explanation:

- 'SAVE' and 'LOAD' are keywords.

- SAVE: MyPublicConf is the name for the file.

- LOAD: 'public' acts as a filter, loading first file matching 'public', which is 'MyPublicConf'.

Without the keywords, CONF will list available configs.

About the files:

- Files will be assigned the prefix CONF_ and suffix .lua. Ex: "CONF_MyPublicConf.lua" or "CONF_noTeamKills.lua" etc

- Files are saved in or loaded from the "\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\ServMan3"

/INFO now includes the config which is in effect.

NEW NEW *** miz_rotate_announcement: Will do a onscreen countdown before mission rotate / restart.

Will display a "time left before restart / rotate"

In the serverconfig.lua:

-- NOTE: Order must be incremental, smallest numbers first.

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60,120,180 }, -- at 3 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, and every min from 5 to 1 min

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,5,10,15,60 }, -- at 1 hour, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 min and final call at 1 min.

-- miz_rotate_announcement = { 0 }, -- disabled

miz_rotate_announcement = { 1,2,3,4,5,10,15,60 },

About to be uploaded - 2 mins.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

File attached in the first post - please give me a heads up if it's working for you or not. Not sure if I managed to Q/A it properly.

Note: ModMan 7.3 +DCS patch for modman required.

• Like 2

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Great Panzertard. My server will be up again during the weekend :D I may be activating voting this time as I may be flying some Su-33 myself. Folks can still join me on my teamspeak if they want some hands-on selection of missions.

(HJ)

Panzer, i know first hand how long and hard you have worked on this.

Thank you, sincerely.

When our Fibre has been turned on and 'Puma' and 'Lynx' are back in the picture FT, we will be running on both.

Thanks.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Gents, if you have a problem with 'PAUSE' on empty servers, check out the settings in \Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\network.cfg

server = {

disable_events = false,

client_params = "motd=\"Welcome to Flaming Cliffs 2 server!\";",

pause_on_load = true,

Make sure pause_on_load is set to TRUE, not FALSE.

Another bug for servman - I had fixed it, but I rebuilt a bit of the PAUSE-code again, so supprise supprise - I broke it yet again. ;)

Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...
Gents, if you have a problem with 'PAUSE' on empty servers, check out the settings in \Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\network.cfg

Make sure pause_on_load is set to TRUE, not FALSE.

Another bug for servman - I had fixed it, but I rebuilt a bit of the PAUSE-code again, so supprise supprise - I broke it yet again. ;)

Sorry about that.

Hi Panzertard,

Yesterday I was setting up my new server and installed the latest ServMan.

I have some problems with the Pause and the F10 map.

Normally the game should be paused after starting the server (empty).

Once a player joined the server the pause should be removed and the external view should switch to the F10 map.

This is not working.

The server will not unpause the game once a player joined and the view is still the extvernal intead of the F10 map.

For Warthog I have a very big FPS difference between this two views.

In external view ~30 FPS in F10 map ~60 FPS and in F10 map without the joining-table up to ~80 FPS.

At the moment I set the pause_on_load to ... I think it was FALSE... so the server is unpaused at all the time.

But this is not good if I run time-depending missions.

Did I something wrong or is this a bug?

Please :helpsmilie:

If you can PM me the config (just as text, you may have a password there - attachments not allowed in PM) - but attach the dcs & servman logs here please.

If you make edits to the files when DCS is running then they can be reverted as the program closes.

This could easily be mistaken as one editor working and another not working. Although Notepad sometimes is useful as it acquires exclusive write access; but it can also be a pain if DCS is also trying to write to the same file [log files for example] (this is why I use the 'baretail' program for viewing files in read-only mode, it does not acquire any write locks that would interfere with logging).

So, moral of the story, only do configuration changes when the DCS/FC2 software is not running, otherwise they may be reverted when the (ED) program is closed.

Edited by Moa

Dragon, thanks. Found a bug there with the pause / resume for startup, thanks to the logs & config you provided.

I'll have a look at it later tonight.

Dragon, thanks. Found a bug there with the pause / resume for startup, thanks to the logs & config you provided.

I'll have a look at it later tonight.

That's good news! Many thank's champ! :thumbup:

Edit your Network.cfg file in your saved games/config folder

Pause on load=true

This will solve it.

By virtue of the easy fix, probably does not warrant a recompile of servman by Panzertard TBH.

regards

'T'

EDIT: our LYNX and PUMA servers have been working flawlessly with Servman 3. Happy to provide log files etc for comparison, let me know please.

Now........what version do i need for Blackshark and where can i get it?

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Now........what version do i need for Blackshark and where can i get it?

This one: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=53732

Edit your Network.cfg file in your saved games/config folder

Pause on load=true

This will solve it.

No, if I do it so, the server will not UNpause once a client joined to the server. :helpsmilie:

Please Panzertard, help me!

serverconfig:

--If true the current mission will be paused once all players left the server. Set to false to disable.
   pause_if_server_empty        = true,

--If true the current mission will be unpaused when a new player enters an empty server. A mission will also be
   --resumed ~1min after loading if the server is not empty. Set to false to disable.
   resume_if_server_not_empty    = true,

--If true the server automatically restarts the current mission when all players left the server.
   --Set to false to disable.
   restart_if_server_empty        = true,

Network.cfg

Pause on load=true

But the server will not unpause the game if you join. :crash: