Lock On Gold actually includes 1.1?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOLD is allready in sale.

There is one problem:

It allready includes LOD fix and Stuttering fix.

But users of GOLD are installing these fixes, some of them even installin STUTTER FIX FOR WEB VERSION.

If you'll install patch for LockOn produced by manufacturer "A" over the LockOn from manufacturer "B" than SF will have no ability to identify the disk.

To prevent this situation we have placed this warning on our site.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Looks like everyone who bought Flaming Cliffs was a beta tester for Lock-On: Gold.

I think you're wrong ;)

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

GOLD is allready in sale.

There is one problem:

It allready includes LOD fix and Stuttering fix.

But users of GOLD are installing these fixes, some of them even installin STUTTER FIX FOR WEB VERSION.

If you'll install patch for LockOn produced by manufacturer "A" over the LockOn from manufacturer "B" than SF will have no ability to identify the disk.

To prevent this situation we have placed this warning on our site.

So. Does that mean that ED knew about the inclusion of FC in LockOn Gold and didn't want to tell us about it or ED made a special version of FC intended to be included in LockOn Gold?.

Guest Octobus

Two problems with this absurd statement:

1- There are a lot of posts of this forum and you cannot expect someone from Eagle to read every one. Lack of comment by Eagle regarding Jason's comment hardly means consent.

2- It's quite possible that Eagle originally had no intent of letting Evolved Games use 1.1 in Lock On Gold (licensed by Ubisoft). This may have changed recently.

Regardless, Evolved Games is the publisher of this product and the onus is on them to answer content question of their product, not Eagle.

Back to lurk mode.

The facts are that Jason from Naturalpoint confimed on THIS forum that (according to ED) Lock-On Gold was not 1.1 Flaming Cliffs. ED did not correct or rebut his statement.

To me that's the same as ED themselves saying that Lock-On Gold is not Flaming Cliffs.

If they lied about this, they will lose a lot of customers.

Han, can you confirm that Lock-On: Gold (sold from eb games and gamestop) contains Flaming cliffs version 1.1?

Yes, it does. A friend of mine just picked up a copy yesterday, and you know what. He didn't have to contact SF to get it working.

After reading these threads about a Gold version of Lock-on, I had to go to my local Fry's to see for myself if this was on the selves. I visit Fry's on a regular basis and always check the PC gaming area. Usually there is one or two boxes of the original and had been knocked down to $19. Today, no original versions on the selves. Now there was about 20 of the Gold versions on the self for $29.99! I bought one and check the second CD. It said Flaming Cliffs. I must say that this is a good move for ED, because this should get more people to buy it at $30 dollar than $40 dollars plus S & H. It just makes better marketing sense to do this. Just look how well Falcon 4.0 has done in it's new clothes. It had out paced many newer games when released a few weeks back. FC on Hyperlobby should be recharged and it will be fun again.

So the way I see it Lock-on Gold costs $29.99 where as the D/L version now costs $25. Still cheaper for the D/L option. so nothing has changed there.

I have had the use of FC since the first day it was released and all that was fixed since then was the stutter fix and the lod fix so how have I been a beta tester?

I just bought Doom3 for £10 in Game. does that mean everyone that bought it when originally released was ripped off or that they were beta testers because it is now up to version 1.3

Don't think so.

Welcome to the world of software.

Read this in the "FIXES" folder:

"CLIENT NETWORK GAME STUTTERING FIX

This package contains some files which fix client network game stuttering.

(For english WEB installed LO 1.1 addon)

If you have installed the "LockOn v.1.1: Flamming Cliffs" from the "LockOn GOLD", than you must not install this fix."

Is this version of FC1.1 patched to 1.11? :)

The STUTTERING FIX Download is closed.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

I bought my version long time ago and was not lied to. I'm not a queen but I do perfer the royal treatment and yes I am a flight simmer :P. Don't get so worked up over this. I have to ask Hawg, do you have 1.1? If not then go the download route as it seems cheaper.

Re-read plz. I said for someone just getting into lock-on.

Someone just getting into lock-on that knows of the existence of FC will also know of the existence of the gold version and will buy that version if he so wishes.

If someone is just getting into lock-on by seeing the original version in the store and picking up a copy can then choose whether of not he wants FC. Then if he does he buys the download version.

Whatever this new guy does he is still not being lied to. But somehow in your logic he is.

I am also starting to doubt that you are valiantly taking up this cause for the new guy. I think you are just doing this to stir up sh1t because you think that ED has duped you personally in some way.

What I do know is that Stormin originally said that the gold didn't contain 1.1 and that ED/TFC was chasing it up.

Who is to say then that EB didn't enter into negotiations with ED to include 1.1 in the gold pack after they mistakenly reported that the Gold version included 1.1? After all they probably received orders from people who were interested in the gold version because it included 1.1.

I also know that no one will know the true story until ED give their side to it.

We royal supporters had access to it months ago....lol if most of you guys moaned this much about the waste of money by your government then we might get somewhere. I dont get pissed when i see the graphics card I payed premium for months ago is now worth half the price. Someone has to walk out of the store the day before a price drop.

Nope. I don't feel duped. Just calling BS when I see it.

Nope you are just jumping to the conclusion that ED has known about the nature of "Lock-on Gold" for the "past few month" and deliberately "cheated" its loyal customers into buying FC at a higher price.

Talking about calling the BS indeed!

- JJ.

JJ

For those who have bought Lock On Gold, how many had to contact starforce to get it to work? And is there any other problems besides that?

Edit: hey Alfa, since you are a ED Testers Team, any way you could use your awesome convincing skills to tell ED to make an official statement about Lock On Gold and clear up this entire confusing before it gets out of hand?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]