What colour are the REAL AOA lights in the A-10C

toby23

Your example should be a part of the A-10A (and/or early C without NVS?).

The C in DCS, as in reality, has the monocolored (green) AOA Indexer because of it's night vision capable cockpit. As you won't see any other red lightning in the pit.

Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4 Ghz | 12 GB RAM (DDR3-1600) | Nvidia Geforce GTX660 Ti/2GB (Driver Ver. 381.65 ) | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | SB Audigy 2 ZS (kxProject 3552) | Samsung SSD 830 Series (Sys: 64GB, DCS+other: 128GB) | Saitek X52 Pro + TM MFDs | TIR4: Pro (TIR 5.4.1.26786 Software) | Windows 10 Pro (x64, non Anniversary)

It was mentioned somewhere in the forums in context of the Fire T-Handles lightning color.

Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.4 Ghz | 12 GB RAM (DDR3-1600) | Nvidia Geforce GTX660 Ti/2GB (Driver Ver. 381.65 ) | ASUS P8Z77-V LE Plus | SB Audigy 2 ZS (kxProject 3552) | Samsung SSD 830 Series (Sys: 64GB, DCS+other: 128GB) | Saitek X52 Pro + TM MFDs | TIR4: Pro (TIR 5.4.1.26786 Software) | Windows 10 Pro (x64, non Anniversary)

Your example should be a part of the A-10A (and/or early C without NVS?).

The C in DCS, as in reality, has the monocolored (green) AOA Indexer because of it's night vision capable cockpit. As you won't see any other red lightning in the pit.

What about the red missile launch warning light??

What about the red missile launch warning light??

I knew someone will mention it. :thumbup:

Thought of that, but I think the annoying acoustical warning is more important. Dunno

NVIC colors can be Green A ,Green B, Red, Yellow

Do you know if the use of red is dependend of the nvgs type or is it a special wavelength (e.g. more orange) to make it more visible?

Edited by Sid6dot7

Per the C-1:

AOA Indexer.

The AOA indexer (3, Figure FO-1) presents AOA information during a landing approach by displaying illuminated green symbols; low-speed symbol "\ /", on-speed symbol "circle", and high-speed symbol "/ \". Slightly low/high speed is indicated by the on-speed and low/high speed symbols coming on simultaneously.

I'll check the -34 this weekend about the red missile indicator.

I knew someone will mention it. :thumbup:

Thought of that, but I think the annoying acoustical warning is more important. Dunno

Do you know if the use of red is dependend of the nvgs type or is it a special wavelength (e.g. more orange) to make it more visible?

There is a specific wavelength for each color specified in the MIL spec. The two different classes of green NVIS lighting specify different wavelengths for different NVIS optics, for example.

Ya i was going to put Cyan in there but did not want to deal with any thing the spec i pulled up is the one from Grimes and it listed those what can i say I am off i am not drinking enuff and it was my B day :cry:

There is also an NVIS blue color in the MIL. I'm sure you knew, so I'm just pointing it out for those that didn't.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.