JTAC marking targets with laser

I think sparkle is when he marks the target.

What snake is, i don't know.

But i can give you a first shot at it.

One is the laser code, and second is, place the TGP in to search mode. < Assumption

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

Try watching this vid

The 9 line brief gives you an Initial Point (IP) to attack from, with a heading to be flying towards your attack, when you are at your IP and flying in the general direction contact JTAC and tell him IP Inbound, he'll tell you to continue, you then request Sparkle (he turns his IR marker on), you tell him Contact the Mark (he is at the end with a cross, your target is the other end), he'll then clear you Hot, you tell him you are In and proceed with your attack. Once done, tell him Off. This is a Type 2 attack, where you will need to verify your target with the JTAC, could be marked by smoke (Willy Pete, WP, White Phospherous) and he'll then tell you where the target is in relation to the marker.

Not sure, but think Snake is for lasing with LGB's.

sorry to bother you but maybe more questions...

There are 2 types of markings :

1.Laser

2.IR

Designate with A "IR" OR "laser" could or should I have seen the beam ON THE plane?

Designate with a "laser" I saw the link in YouTube,Ground forces designate the target,And the pilot throws the bomb.

How? What I have to click so that the TGP will detect the beam and lock on target?

Designate with "IR" I should see the beam ? How I see the beam ?

AND LAST:What vehicles should I choose for designate "IR" OR "laser"?

Edited by theghost

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

How? What I have to click so that the TGP will detect the beam and lock on target?

Read up on laser spot search (LSS) in the TGP chapter of the manual. It is rather simple, but there are a few settings in the TGP that you need to understand. It is all well documented in the manual.

Designate with "IR" I should see the beam ? How I see the beam ?

This is only possible on a nighttime mission. Just put on your NV goggles and you will see the beam.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

IR is for where JTAC will be pointing at your target so you can see where it is using your NVG's.

Laser is where you are going to drop a LGB, but JTAC is going to use it's laser to guide your bomb, you just need to Spot it using your TGT Pod so you can get your Hog lined up for a bombing run in CCRP mode, making sure you are on the same laser code (usually 1688 I think).

making sure you are on the same laser code (usually 1688 I think).

JTAC always radios laser code, but 1688 is the default.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks for answers, and yet Which type of vehicle should I choose for designate "IR" OR "laser"?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think as far as the game is concerned any armed unit can provide marking with any method. I'm not 100% on that though. They will also need a clear line-of-sight to the target. I think you're more likely to get a laser guidance if they request you to engage with LGBs, though I'm not sure if that's the only time they'll lase the target.

You could use an airborne FAC like a TGP-equipped A-10C to ensure they're capable, if you want to go that route. Getting the JTAC to designate using any particular means requires a fair bit of trial and error currently. The preliminary 1.1.0.9 changelog says they'll be adding options to allow you to control the designation method in the next patch, so if you have trouble getting it to do what you want, you may like to save yourself some frustration and focus on other aspects of the sim until the next patch is available.

HI FOR ALL,

First of all, thanks for the answers,

1.I built a simple MISSION "Laser designation" Works very well (Note that the distance between the jtac and the target It is critical to the success of the mission).

2.The IR issue,Who or what determines that the JTAC designate with IR or Only give the coordinates?

The 147 Squadron commander

"The Goring Ram"

HI FOR ALL,

1.I built a simple MISSION "Laser designation" Works very well (Note that the distance between the jtac and the target It is critical to the success of the mission).

2.The IR issue,Who or what determines that the JTAC designate with IR or Only give the coordinates?

You will be able to set this in the ME in 1.1.0.9. I can't remember the circumstances to get it to work in 1.1.0.8.

Nate

Interesting. It'd be great if we could manually select JTAC control type between 1, 2 or 3. Actually, JTAC type depends on location of enemy and friendlies, but the logic is a bit obscure. It is not clear for me when JTAC will be using each type.

Specifically, I've been able to set up JTAC to use types 2 and 3, but never got type 1.

I think you need friendlies close to get type 1.

That would be the definition of type 1

From the FM page 644

Type 1: JTACs use Type 1 control when the risk assessment requires them to visually acquire the attacking aircraft and the target under attack. This is the most common and restrictive of the three types. Type 1 is most often used when friendly forces are "danger close".

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The IR designator is going to require line of sight between the JTAC and the target as well as proximity. LOS can be difficult to determine in the ME.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If JTAC can designate target with laser, IR-pointer or smoke then

-If unguided weapon used then

--Type 1 will in effect

-else

--Type 2 will be used

else

-Type 3 will be used

Friendlies proximity now has no effect on CAS Type. It was implemented in early builds, but we decide to make logic easer.

Edited by Святой

HI FOR ALL,

JTAC choose designation method on its discretion. Mission designer cannot directly force JTAC to use the method he want, but mission designer can create the situation that will require desired designation method.

If JTAC can designate target with laser, IR-pointer or smoke then

-If unguided weapon used then

--Type 1 will in effect

-else

--Type 2 will be used

else

-Type 3 will be used

Friendlies proximity now has no effect on CAS Type. It was implemented in early builds, but we decide to make logic easer.

Please pass this on to the people writing the manual!