1 hour and 7 mins of the PMDG737NGX video!

andysim

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you misunderstood me there, CrashEd. ;) My remark was a figure of speech. :thumbup:

Hehe, no worries mate :thumbup:

So, did anyone get it? I woke up to mayhem on the Avsim forum. Sounds as though there was a cyber attack on the PMDG servers and only 42 have downloaded the NGX?

No I went to bed at 01:30am last night and woke just now to see that it has been taken offline due to attacks.

From what I gather they initially released at 05:30am my time, so I am glad I went to bed. ;)

Now its waiting for it to come up again.

A few people had been able to get it before the mayhem started, but most either have problems with their order now and need support to solve it because they ordered while the attack took place or others had no chance to get their orders in yet.

It's another waiting game, today! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

the 737 ngx pmdg it's release ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Installed and running fantastic!!. It really lives up to all the hype. This thing will sell itself hehe.

Yes its a shame about the hacking but they really are doing thier best and there support through the difficult times was awsome!

Yes its a shame about the hacking but they really are doing thier best and there support through the difficult times was awsome!

Completely agree, very professional.

Hopefully I'll be home soon enough and I'll be downloading. Gonna be a fun weekend :)

Bought, installed, had to tweak FSX to gain some FPS. But the plane is looking marvelous, both in external and internal view.

Love the addition of external equipment, like chocks, ground power...

Also love the configuring via the FMC.

Cannot say much about systems and handling, because the first thing I've done was the selection 'cold&dark' preset. To learn how to start-up this beauty.

Took some screenshots, 737NGX at LZIB https://picasaweb.google.com/100132621630803890002/PMDG737NGX

Like I said in a previous post, I was curious how this aircraft would relate to its real life counterpart and I must say I am impressed!

I fly it with the TM Warthog, so that's not entirely realistic, but at least it gives me very precise input.

The thrust handling is very nice in the sim, eventhough it feels like there is less travel needed in the sim than in real life, but that's also a hardware thing (travel of the WH thrust unit vs the real thrust levers on the aircraft).

As also seen in the video's from Nick, the sim is a joy to hand fly. Very stable and gentle, which has been a problem with many aircraft in the past versions of FS.

There is a nice tweak guide provided in the 'PMDG Introduction' manual and you should follow it. It gave me even more performance than I already had in FS.

I am amazed at how many configuration options you have to configure the avionics suite just like the real thing we are flying at work. It's truely 1:1.

Also very handy that you can tweak stuff on the fly via the FMC menu.

Speeds, thrust settings, roll rate... what can I say? They all seem pretty close to the real thing so far!

I can go through my normal procedures I use at work to set the aircraft up and each and every switch does exactly like it should do. Marvellous!

It's the DCS of civil sims, for sure. Truely raising the bar!

I can see me using the 737NGX for procedural training purposes, no doubt!

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

After my two day experience, with two short flight. I must say - it's a real pitty that the procedures and departures in FSX are so simple.

So, if you want to put the NGX throug paces on some difficul approaches/departures, and let the AP shine, you have to ignore the inbuild ATC and othet Traffic.

The plane itself is a joy to fly...it cannot be compared with the paper-stock-planes. Every bid of it marvelous, flight model, graphics, system modelling, sounds...

Where's the master arm switch? :dunno:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

After my two day experience, with two short flight. I must say - it's a real pitty that the procedures and departures in FSX are so simple.

So, if you want to put the NGX throug paces on some difficul approaches/departures, and let the AP shine, you have to ignore the inbuild ATC and othet Traffic.

The plane itself is a joy to fly...it cannot be compared with the paper-stock-planes. Every bid of it marvelous, flight model, graphics, system modelling, sounds...

I recommend Radar Contact 4. Its a complete replacement for the defualt ATC and will allow you to fly SIDS and STARs. Also some emergencies/altilute stepping/offset navigation etc. It runs a small window right in FSX that has numbered options for you to select. You can even get the Virtual co pilot to tune and answer the radios for you.

Radar Contact 4 is indeed nice, but it has a very American ATC type, which is somewhat different in procedures and phraseology than the European ATC, still its much better than the stock FS ATC or when you can't or won't come online with VATSIM/IVAO.

Another cool thing I did with the 737NGX and the WH is to configure the throttle in such a way that when you pull up on the stick and backwards from idle (e.g. the fuel cutoff in DCS A-10C) it engages the thrust reverser in the 737NGX making it a somewhat realistic thrust reverser handling.

The reverser will cutoff again if you push back the stick to idle and give a tiny notch of thrust, but for convenience I have configured the (A-10) speedbrake switch on the throttle to 'Thrust Cut' in FS, so you can kill the reverser with a click. It's sometimes a bit of a chore to get them out of the detent once they are in on the throttle, so this is a nice solution.

Other functions I have mapped are speedbrake ARM, speedbrack manual deploy (pinky switch backwards), TO/GA switch, Autopilot engage/disengage, Autothrottle ARM, Speed selector switch, Heading selector switch, Trim and Flaps. Truely 'hands off keyboard' flying and a total joy!

Just thought I would share that. If you want more info on how to get it right (it's really simple!) just drop a note.

The cool thing is that you can map ALL switches on the throttle in FS directly.

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

something ive noticed about the thrust reverser on the NGX. When you close them on almost everyother aircraft addon I have the speed starts to increase again as the reverer closes before the engines have spooled down, in the NGX as far a I can see this does not happen!. Anyone else noticed this? It can also taxi at very very low idle hehe. About 22% from the 21% idle is all you need on this bird. I love it!!

Sweet, I love all James May's shows.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

something ive noticed about the thrust reverser on the NGX. When you close them on almost everyother aircraft addon I have the speed starts to increase again as the reverer closes before the engines have spooled down, in the NGX as far a I can see this does not happen!. Anyone else noticed this? It can also taxi at very very low idle hehe. About 22% from the 21% idle is all you need on this bird. I love it!!

In the real bird, depending on weight, you can get rolling by approximatly 30% N1 with a decent passenger load and once it reaches about 15kts groundspeed it can sustain itself in idle thrust.

It seems about right in NGX too. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recommend Radar Contact 4. Its a complete replacement for the defualt ATC and will allow you to fly SIDS and STARs. Also some emergencies/altilute stepping/offset navigation etc. It runs a small window right in FSX that has numbered options for you to select. You can even get the Virtual co pilot to tune and answer the radios for you.

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out.

I've just made my first IFR landing without AP. Something I've strugled a lot with the stock planes, because they handled like paper planes, unable to stay stable, and that was very frustrating.

Not with this one, I could finally feel the weight, flying this thing is a joy. All was super smooth...well, until the point I hit TO/GA instead of AT disarm switch :D

Or Vatsim

cbEUXvtr6Ps

That looks very cool and realistic.

Edited by Zorg_DK

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]