A-10C servers avail?

automag928

So I'm venturing into the unknown, hit multiplayer for the first time, and only 8 servers are popping up? I know I'm in an off peak time right now, I'm eastern time zone in the US, but is there really only 8 servers available for multiplayer? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

No, not missing anything. Some times there are more servers however. Co-op will only go so far I guess, but that is just my opinion. It is probably the most detailed sim ever produced and In my mind the best sim ever produced, but the A-10C roles are not many.(Broken record mode on) When we get something that includes real player vs. player action, you will see the server numbers jump. In fact, I believe FC2 has, and will continue to have, more servers online for this reason. (Broken record mode off)

Edited by Crunch

A10 does not have a dedicated server yet, so running a MP server is not entirely straightforward. Especially to leave it going 24/7.

Sleem I think I saw you online, I was "jay" on the 104th svr. (I think that's where I saw you.) I bounced around to the few that were open.

Compatibility with Black Shark will help with the extra influx of chopper pilots. Although the Ka-50 players will get the best of both words while being able to play online with the A-10C and (probably via dual game install) the FC2 crowd.

It is abit of a problem where some missions no longer function correctly if LUA scripts become broken. I guess the workaround for that is to build a mission so it can still function with or without the LUA scripts. For what its worth, On Station still works just fine :D

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Love the heck out of this sim, but it would be another cut above if it could be patched to fly online with FC2/Black Shark! IMHO the MP portion of it is the only thing that leaves something to be desired insomuch as there isn't the ability to mix it up with human flown opposition.

That said I have confidence that Wags and CO will address this, misplaced as that may seem to some, purely due to the sheer quality of what they have given this extremely hungry niche of SIM fans! I feel like these guys are the future of our addiction and appear to be the only ones in the genre interested in creating extraordinarily realistic sims, all while listening to their eager clientele. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lawn Dart

C.O.

51st Fighter Wing

"Leading The Charge"

www.51stfighterwing.com

Not happy - Time to wake up people!

Inability for true PVP in the A-10C? FC2 pilots, get off your pedalstool, christ!

"Wait until we get a fighter and masses of open servers will fill up and we'll all be pvpíng with one another happily laughing at the streak of metal plummeting toward the earth on fire" - Rubbish! I guarantee this will not be the case.

People will actually want to 'learn' the high fidelity AFM nature of the next sim and all of the avionics of the aircraft. If anyone out there thinks that open servers and masses of people are going to appear over night all trying to shoot each other down with bags of "gaffaw gaffaw", they are likely to be dissapointed. This will take time. A lot of time. ED has scientists for God sake!

I met one. YoYo. know what he said to me after i thanked him on behalf of all of you who love the DCS series, its fidelity, accuracy and AFM?

"Thank you Tyger, that means a lot. the reason why i work 20 hr days 7 days a week is to ensure that scientifically, the product is as accurate as possible in every way, so that those people in the world who missed their calling, who will never fly a jet, be a jet pilot in combat or even be able to sit in one, can have as close as an experience as possible in their own home."

And we want to ignore this? Jump in as soon as we can, fly bloody sideways, Muddle our way through an intense and complex avionics system to reach for 'Button 2' so that we can fire off BVR, fire n hope, calling all pockets?

The DCS is a study sim. It started with the KA-50. It developed further with the A-10C. It will yet again, develop with the next model. Give it some respect before trying to make yourself feel better and somehow 'sim superior' by shooting down all the relative 'rookies' on an open server because you have 'legacy' knowledge of how a radar works in FC2, 1.12, 1, LOMAC!

You might aswell go play HAWKX 2

I think one of the main problems is currently there isn't many missions out there. Nearly all of the excellent community missions used Speed's chatlib scripts but it no longer works in 1109.

Not true!

Why not invest a little time in the manual and make some yourself! KISS. there is no need to use complex LUA scripting for mission immersion.

All it takes is a either two things to design missions - 'Imagination' if no experience exists, 'Experience' if no imagination exists. We have 15 missions - Op Hammer Campaign (5 missions available to the public via Teamspeak) and 10 missions from Op Roundabout (currently only used by 74th Members for Trg value - ultimately these too will go into rotation)

I'm not going to point toward the 74th server and repeat the same old same old, about locked servers, availability of passwords, how to get them etc.

Bottom line - highlight the server in the server listing and actually READ the description. Guarantee you'll see Teamspeak info on most servers. A-10C does not mean there is no PvP and in 7 tours of Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, 2 of Iraq and 2 of Afghan, ive seen plenty of CAS from AH and fast air (thankfully not in Northern Ireland!), and in comparison there has been little of Air to Air engagements. what i have seen and been part of, in 24 years service in the Infantry, is very kinetic multi spacial combat co-operative operations.

Now there's a thing!

Edited by Tyger

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

That is an awesome quote from YoYo! One that I wish people would consider and appreciate more when making comments sometimes about the volume of work that ED as put out.

Still, I respectfully disagree. Yes, DCS:Fighter will not be as easy as FC, but when we get a dedicated A2A DCS module, I think things will pick up considerably in MP for DCS. It won't be overnight, but it will be quick. Using knowledge from past FC/DCS sims people will be quick to pick up things. I know personally for me the A-10C was actually realitvely easy to learn becasue of past sim knowledge.

It's not about wanting to frag the next person as soon as possible. Yes, you can PvP in the A-10 of course, but a jet sim with a jet that features this as a primary role will be much much different. I believe if you take a look at the number of FC servers vs. A-10C servers, there are more FC servers, and I think it is for that very reason. There is more to do in FC. A topic we have discussed before Tyger and debated with different views, but no problem.

Regardless, the future looks bright. Possible FC2 integration into DCS and a new DCS module. We should be thankful for sure.

Inability for true PVP in the A-10C? FC2 pilots, get off your pedalstool, christ!

"Wait until we get a fighter and masses of open servers will fill up and we'll all be pvpíng with one another happily laughing at the streak of metal plummeting toward the earth on fire" - Rubbish! I guarantee this will not be the case.

People will actually want to 'learn' the high fidelity AFM nature of the next sim and all of the avionics of the aircraft. If anyone out there thinks that open servers and masses of people are going to appear over night all trying to shoot each other down with bags of "gaffaw gaffaw", they are likely to be dissapointed. This will take time. A lot of time. ED has scientists for God sake!

I met one. YoYo. know what he said to me after i thanked him on behalf of all of you who love the DCS series, its fidelity, accuracy and AFM?

"Thank you Tyger, that means a lot. the reason why i work 20 hr days 7 days a week is to ensure that scientifically, the product is as accurate as possible in every way, so that those people in the world who missed their calling, who will never fly a jet, be a jet pilot in combat or even be able to sit in one, can have as close as an experience as possible in their own home."

And we want to ignore this? Jump in as soon as we can, fly bloody sideways, Muddle our way through an intense and complex avionics system to reach for 'Button 2' so that we can fire off BVR, fire n hope, calling all pockets?

The DCS is a study sim. It started with the KA-50. It developed further with the A-10C. It will yet again, develop with the next model. Give it some respect before trying to make yourself feel better and somehow 'sim superior' by shooting down all the relative 'rookies' on an open server because you have 'legacy' knowledge of how a radar works in FC2, 1.12, 1, LOMAC!

You might aswell go play HAWKX 2

Not true!

Why not invest a little time in the manual and make some yourself! KISS. there is no need to use complex LUA scripting for mission immersion.

All it takes is a either two things to design missions - 'Imagination' if no experience exists, 'Experience' if no imagination exists. We have 15 missions - Op Hammer Campaign (5 missions available to the public via Teamspeak) and 10 missions from Op Roundabout (currently only used by 74th Members for Trg value - ultimately these too will go into rotation)

I'm not going to point toward the 74th server and repeat the same old same old, about locked servers, availability of passwords, how to get them etc.

Bottom line - highlight the server in the server listing and actually READ the description. Guarantee you'll see Teamspeak info on most servers. A-10C does not mean there is no PvP and in 7 tours of Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kosovo, 2 of Iraq and 2 of Afghan, ive seen plenty of CAS from AH and fast air (thankfully not in Northern Ireland!), and in comparison there has been little of Air to Air engagements. what i have seen and been part of, in 24 years service in the Infantry, is very kinetic multi spacial combat co-operative operations.

Now there's a thing!

Sweet!!! For the uneducated and ignorant KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

That is an awesome quote from YoYo! One that I wish people would consider and appreciate more when making comments sometimes about the volume of work that ED as put out.

Still, I respectfully disagree. Yes, DCS:Fighter will not be as easy as FC, but when we get a dedicated A2A DCS module, I think things will pick up considerably in MP for DCS. It won't be overnight, but it will be quick. Using knowledge from past FC/DCS sims people will be quick to pick up things. I know personally for me the A-10C was actually realitvely easy to learn becasue of past sim knowledge.

It's not about wanting to frag the next person as soon as possible. Yes, you can PvP in the A-10 of course, but a jet sim with a jet that features this as a primary role will be much much different. I believe if you take a look at the number of FC servers vs. A-10C servers, there are more FC servers, and I think it is for that very reason. There is more to do in FC. A topic we have discussed before Tyger and debated with different views, but no problem.

Regardless, the future looks bright. Possible FC2 integration into DCS and a new DCS module. We should be thankful for sure.

As ever, and respectfully of course, we agree to dis-agree on this one. There are more FC2 servers than A-10C because it is legacy and in comparison, an arcade game.

Alright, alright, that was low.

;-)

'T'

Edited by Tyger

Main Banner.PNG

• ED Team

Tyger asked me to read this thread... first of all I must say that "I" in my speech quoted was addressed only for my part of work. Regarding the sim I'd prefer "We" because the level of dedication is very high amongst the team. Just remember your "wow" object in the sim and take a look to the credits. :) Your kind words are very valuable for us.

Concerning the gameplay and MP... the most gorgeous recall of my MP experience is the MP professionally designed and arranged co-op mission with human JTAC. The sorties were palnned, operating maps were printed and it was very impressive co-op of Ka-50 and Su-25 together. It was pre-release BS and it had not all those features you have now in WH. And though I had many of A2A dogfights I remember only 2-3 and I should say that it was not so impressive...

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Back off topic real quick...

Between Red Flags, ATC Weekends, and the other events ran by FC "fanbois" I think they are more than capable of operating complex avionics and flight models. They simply lack an ED developed game that features an AFM of the type of aircraft they want: fighters. Yes in reality most of the combat flights that actually involve combat are CAS or similar based operations, but nothing excites quite like a mano a mano fight in the skies. If anything, once DCS fighter comes out it is likely FC2 will still have 1 little advantage in that the fights aren't always mirror matchups.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I am not for one sim over the other but an A-10 against an A-10 in A2A combat is very fun as well....you HAVE to get up close and personnal...most A2A engagement real world now are from miles away and the pilots never actually see the other ACFT....it is very unlikely that a WWI or WWII dogfight will happen again (and before I'm flamed I said unlikely not it wouldn't happen :D)

Not true!

Now there's a thing!

I've been hosting missions with black shark for a long time when it was out when there was no public servers, and all missions I made. I've made public missions for this game as well and host as much as I can when my server is available. I was just saying that there isn't as many excellent missions currently, which is true. There are excellent missions, just not as many as before due to them using speeds script. But anyway, thanks for the negative rep.

Edited by Quirkitized

I've been hosting missions with black shark for a long time when it was out when there was no public servers, and all missions I made. I've made public missions for this game as well and host as much as I can when my server is available. I was just saying that there isn't as many excellent missions currently, which is true. There are excellent missions, just not as many as before due to them using speeds script. But anyway, thanks for the negative rep.

Your welcome. you deserved it. I dis-approved of your comment. It was a blanket 'slur' to mission designers in general who dont use LUA scripting, Speeds scripts or anyone elses. KISS, and it wont break. simple. The most effective and 'FUN' missions (remember that? thats why we do this) are the ones that are fairly quick, simple to understand, usually with a limited aim and a clear main effort.

You are insuating that the only 'excellent missions' available are the ones that use Speeds excellent script, which although it certainly is, isn't working right now.

Hopefully, what has made speeds script broken, will be addessed in the next patch (the PRINT function), and those excellent missions that use the script will be back online for you and others to enjoy, but until then, take a look about and see the missions that are available on the various servers and for download at

Lock On User Files: http://files.lockon.ru/en/

A lot of time and effort goes into making missions, as it seems only you are too familiar with, so try not brand every mission that doesn't use LUA scripting as anything other than 'excellent'.

Fact is, most of them are.

'T'

Main Banner.PNG

Negative rep for not agreeing with somebody's comment? You read way too far into it buddy, pretty close-minded and arrogant, almost kid-like. I almost feel bad for you.

It's almost laughable how butt-hurt you are about that, almost surreal.

Grow up, move on and get off your high horse.

If you only had some idea of how much I care for mission designers and help them and host, and let the public use my missions. You are over reacting like a stuck up prick of a father, you are not above anybody else. You are not the man to go to for mission designers, you are not the be all and end all of saying who can say whats right and wrong. But you are infact, pathetic.

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1