Please bring back the pilot.

rextar

And I couldn't agree less. Seeing four legs in front of me - no thanks!

One of those things which should only be implemented as a user option.

I agree effte, user option

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Four legs? Wat?

Have you built a sim-pit where there's monitors surrounding your every bit of body? Pretty sure 99.9% of people have their legs under a desk and look at the monitor in front of them.

No offense but that was without a doubt the single stupidest reason I've heard to poo-poo an idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not really, I don't like the idea either and would not use it. To me its the same as having a Virtual steering wheel rendered on screen in a racing sim when I have a steering wheel in my hands. As with four legs, I would have 2 wheels :), seems silly and a waste of fps/resources to me.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Not really, I don't like the idea either and would not use it. To me its the same as having a Virtual steering wheel rendered on screen in a racing sim when I have a steering wheel in my hands. As with four legs, I would have 2 wheels :), seems silly and a waste of fps/resources to me.

FPS issue what you on about?

We are talking about 4 inputs here 2 for rudders 1 for control stick and 1 for throttle.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

And I couldn't agree less. Seeing four legs in front of me - no thanks!

One of those things which should only be implemented as a user option.

I'm agree with you. I rather prefer pit with no pilot. Not to mention that it strange to see only the legs but no arms. So yeah, if someone like maybe put it as optional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

There is an issue in how the A-10C cockpit is laid out - you'd end up blocking a lot of buttons that you want to use, so you'd find yourself having to switch the "pilot" on and off a lot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There is an issue in how the A-10C cockpit is laid out - you'd end up blocking a lot of buttons that you want to use, so you'd find yourself having to switch the "pilot" on and off a lot.
But it wouldn't be that big of an issue for user with Track-IR right? So might as well put it as optional for user who like it. But I still prefer pit with no pilot tho! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

The layout is such that it would still be an issue, IMO.

Remember, when the real pilot presses those buttons, he removes his hand from one of the controls. Having the pilot graphic would increase the amount of steps required - first we'd have to release our controls to get the hand on the mouse, but we would ALSO have to hit the keyboard to turn the pilot off, then after doing our settings turn the pilot on again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Remember, when the real pilot presses those buttons, he removes his hand from one of the controls. Having the pilot graphic would increase the amount of steps required - first we'd have to release our controls to get the hand on the mouse, but we would ALSO have to hit the keyboard to turn the pilot off, then after doing our settings turn the pilot on again.

I see.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No...

When this last came up, I suggested an improvement that solves all those problems. The solution is that you simply need to make any parts of the pilot become transparent if they are in the center of the FOV.

Obviously, the question is whether the cockpit engine would support this. Who knows. Who cares? That's why this is the wish list forum :thumbup:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

As far as I know it doesn't, and I doubt it's "worth it" to implement. Would be nice though - I too enjoyed having the pilot in the Ka-50.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

When this last came up, I suggested an improvement that solves all those problems. The solution is that you simply need to make any parts of the pilot become transparent if they are in the center of the FOV.

Well, does that not defeat the purpose of having a pilot in the first place? If there's only a small portion of him that will end up being visible, why even bother making one?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Sobek does have a point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me it would be fine to just see the legs of the pilot (maybe with a kneeboard aehmm..).

To look down and seeing an empty seat is a little bit irritating, like im missing something down there ;) or forgot the other half at my base.

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Well, does that not defeat the purpose of having a pilot in the first place? If there's only a small portion of him that will end up being visible, why even bother making one?

Why would you conclude this? Because the center of the FOV is equivalent to the majority of the FOV? Uhh... NO. If the pilot textures only became transparent in the central 25% (by diameter), then the pilot textures would still be opaque in like 94% of the field of view (by area). I would say that 94% is a hell of a lot more than a "small portion" ;)

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

For me it would be fine to just see the legs of the pilot (maybe with a kneeboard aehmm..).

To look down and seeing an empty seat is a little bit irritating, like im missing something down there ;) or forgot the other half at my base.

My thought exactly.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Why would you conclude this? Because the center of the FOV is equivalent to the majority of the FOV? Uhh... NO. If the pilot textures only became transparent in the central 25% (by diameter), then the pilot textures would still be opaque in like 94% of the field of view (by area). I would say that 94% is a hell of a lot more than a "small portion" ;)

But wouldn't a floating "hole" in the pilot look a bit silly and break immersion even more?

These kinds of features just get recursive... How far do you go? Walk out to the aircraft... drive to the airfield... key binds for getting the pilot dressed in the officers mess?

All would be nice, but lets get the important things done first.

By all means include these things - but let the developers do them at the end of the product maturity cycle.

No disrespect intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But wouldn't a floating "hole" in the pilot look a bit silly and break immersion even more?

These kinds of features just get recursive... How far do you go? Walk out to the aircraft... drive to the airfield... key binds for getting the pilot dressed in the officers mess?

All would be nice, but lets get the important things done first.

By all means include these things - but let the developers do them at the end of the product maturity cycle.

No disrespect intended.

This is a wish list not an act of parliment.

The point is that it worked in blackshark.

And thats it.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

If you make it that small, the pilot will still block your 'peripheral vision' and hinder you finding the right switch quickly. Also you would have to move your view around a lot more because you could not just click something if it's on the edge of your screen. Just my opinion.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!