Joystick Controller B256A13

brydling

I will probably make another run. Who want one? This time I am thinking about the possibility of including diodes too. That way you won't have to pay shipping from another company just to buy some diodes for $3.00.

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm intrested in a DIY kit from run nr:2 mate :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Great! And from Sweden too! ;) Note that it will probably take 1-2 months.

Edited by brydling

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

Ah! Stupid me. I was so focused on trying to explain the matrix that I forgot the analog inputs! I will add that as soon as I have shipped all the boards. For now I'll just make a short description here.

The analog inputs are exactly like on Bodnar's BU0836 and the analog inputs on Opencockpits' boards. 3-pin headers with the input in the middle and +5V and GND on the outer pins.

I don't want to recommend this board's analog inputs for primary flight controls (stick, rudder and throttle), since the inputs have digital filtering that affects the response time. I don't know if it's noticeable though, since I'm more of a builder than a flyer and I have never tried it. Calculations have shown that the delay of the filter is 1-2 ms maximum, but still I don't want to recommend it. The main focus of the board is the digital inputs.

Nice! Thank you for the update! :) It is great to see all the boards that has been assembled by you guys. Let me know when you have done some real testing with it :)

Second batch of PCB's ordered today. Lead time 12 working days, but shipping from China takes a while. If it gets stuck with customs it takes even longer..

Pricing has been updated. I have developed a technique now that lets me assemble and test the boards more quickly.

I have also bought 1000 diodes, so you can buy them through me in multiples of 100. Hopefully this will make it cheaper for you guys that otherwise would have to order these separately and pay another shipping cost.

Mine arrive today. Plugged it in and detected with no problems. Checked helios and all buttons and Axis are shown.

Have yet to buy all the bits I need to properly test (ribbon cable, connectors, switches etc)., but all looks good so far. I have a pot somewhere so I will use that to do a quck check on the axis.

Thanks Niclas - this should prove to be a very tidy solution as I can get everything I want to connect on this one board.

I will keep you posted on how I get on, but it will be a week before the bits I need arrive.

I am glad it works well for you so far!

I look forward to your updates!

Hi Niclas.

I received the board last week. It looks very professional, flawless! Can't wait to try it!

regards,

Pitbull

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thank you for those words pitbull! Let me know when you have tried it :)

• 2 weeks later...

The PCB's are shipping today! I think they will arrive earliest in the end of next week, but probably the week after.

I installed IL-2 1946 for testing (no mods or patches) and just as you said it can only use the first virtual joystick on the board. It also only sees 32 inputs/joystick, so buying this board for IL-2 1946 is a bad idea.

Just clarifying: IL-2 series recognize up to 4 joysticks IF each one have your own unique vendor ID. Buttons up to 32 are usable if mapped with keymapper soft, like SVMapper, Autohotkey, HIDMacros, XPader...

Sokol1_Br

Thank you for that information! Unfortunately it's not possible to give the two joysticks separate Vendor ID's. It might be possible to do something with a virtual joystick driver? That is outside my area of knowledge however.

Niclas

Some weeks ago I promised an update of the manual with information on how to wire potentiometers to the board. A lot of work combined with the boring autumn darkness is seriously impacting the mood. I just want to say that I have not forgot it. My girlfriend took some photos of the wiring earlier this week but they need to get some text labels on them and a description need to be written.

I am also thinking about how to implement rotary encoder support. Don't get your hopes up yet however. You never know when the mood returns. If a new firmware gets released, all you who have bought the board will get it in an e-mail with instructions on how to upgrade.

Niclas

The boards arrived today! Alot faster than I expected. I don't think I will get a lot of orders this time of year though! :) And I have to go shopping for christmas presents myself, so there will not be a lot of time to assemble boards. I will have time to get some of them assembled before 2012 however :)

Hey,

The summary description mentions analog input capability but the manual doesn't address them. Please include the info or a schematic that address' this.

(people are asking on my end)

Hi wmcsat,

The manual has now been updated with info on the analog inputs. Sorry it took so long. Feel free to tell me if you think anything is missing.

/Niclas

• 3 weeks later...
The boards arrived today! Alot faster than I expected. I don't think I will get a lot of orders this time of year though! :) And I have to go shopping for christmas presents myself, so there will not be a lot of time to assemble boards. I will have time to get some of them assembled before 2012 however :)

Hi Niclas,

when you have one just let me know :thumbup:

i am yours for any new card - i am waiting

next mission after 32 encoding sw.

Is LED IO Card - i am still waiting ....

have great holiday.

Avi

Hi Avi!

I have several boards ready. I have not started playing with support for rotary encoders yet. That may take a while. Maybe I will move to another city and start working with real military flight simulators in february. If I decide to do that, I will be busy until I have got used to the new life :)

Merry Christmas to you all!

Niclas

Merry Christmas to you too Niclas.

Good news and good luck with

"Maybe I will move to another city and start working with real military flight simulators in february"

but i will also tell you that it is not good for us :( Pit-Builder that is counting on your skills.

you going to leave us alone in the dark? :cry_2:.

yes i like another one board from your Niclas@B256A13 factory :thumbup:.

please send me detailed in PM.

Thanks

and i wish you a very good !!! year

All the best Niclas.

Avi

Niclas,

I'm considering purchasing one (or two) of your boards.

Few questions:

- What's your stock like at the moment?

Given I'm no real electrotechnic (or just having a plain brain-fart at the moment) I can't figure out how to wire a switch.

Say I've got a two position switch, which I would want to use for the masterarm in the A-10C (i.e. up = arm, down = safe).

The switch itself has 3 pins. How many pins of the switch would I connect to how many pins of the board (and a diode has to go in right?)?

I hope I'm not to thick...

Thanks!

Lukas

Merry Christmas to you too Niclas.

Good news and good luck with

"Maybe I will move to another city and start working with real military flight simulators in february"

but i will also tell you that it is not good for us :( Pit-Builder that is counting on your skills.

you going to leave us alone in the dark? :cry_2:.

yes i like another one board from your Niclas@B256A13 factory :thumbup:.

please send me detailed in PM.

Thanks

and i wish you a very good !!! year

All the best Niclas.

Avi

Thank you Ganon! I will send you a PM. Happy new year!

Niclas,

I'm considering purchasing one (or two) of your boards.

Few questions:

- What's your stock like at the moment?

Given I'm no real electrotechnic (or just having a plain brain-fart at the moment) I can't figure out how to wire a switch.

Say I've got a two position switch, which I would want to use for the masterarm in the A-10C (i.e. up = arm, down = safe).

The switch itself has 3 pins. How many pins of the switch would I connect to how many pins of the board (and a diode has to go in right?)?

I hope I'm not to thick...

Thanks!

Lukas

Hi Lucas,

I don't know my stock for sure because I'm not at home ATM, but I think it is about 8 pcs.

With an ON-ON switch as you have, you should wire only two of the three pins to save inputs on the board. Then you have to edit a LUA-script as described in this great video by Tigershark:

. The syntax of the file has changed with the latest patch, so you can't write exactly as Tiger does in the video, but watch it to get the general concept. The exact syntax is then found here.

The exact wiring is:

A wire from one of the inputs on the board (for example I1) to the anode of a diode.

A wire from the diode's cathode to one of the inputs on the switch (usually one of the uttermost pins). I suggest that you solder the diode's cathode directly to the switch instead of using an actual wire in between.

A wire from the switch's common pin (usually the one in the middle) to the common on the board corresponding to the input used (in the case of input I1, C1 is the common to use).

If you have not read the manual, I recommend you to look at the examples in it.

Niclas

Edited by brydling

Hi mate,

I sent you a PM regarding a little purchase of the kits :)

Happy New Year to ya, and of course everyone else :D

//

Håkan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb