Joystick Controller B256A13

brydling

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ganon!

I have received your money! Sorry if I forgot to tell you, I always send a confirmation right away but your order came in a PM and not on e-mail, so I missed it :)

I will assemble your board tomorrow and send it on monday (tomorrow is holiday in Sweden).

Thanks!

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

Hi Niclas, Pckage has arrived and all seems good :thumbup::lol:

Now for the fun part. Break out the old soldering station and put it together :book:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi Håkan!

Actually I got an e-mail when the package arrived at your post office and another e-mail when you picked it up. The Swedish Postal Service is watching you! ;)

I also just noticed that I forgot to answer your e-mail where you asked if the package would come to your mailbox or to your post office. Sorry about that. I guess you have got that one answered now :)

Good luck with the soldering! Just contact me if there is any trouble!

/Niclas

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

• 2 weeks later...
Niclas,

hi

got the board today.

thanks,

i must tell that your board so far is the coolest one.

and shame on you , that you r going to be busy in your new work:smilewink:

Thanks Niclas.

Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Hehe, I think I will enjoy working with the Gripen simulators though, if I get the job ;)

Thank you!

Hi Niclas,

you got PM ... :smilewink:

So do you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to make another batch, so there are more B256A13's to buy! :-)

/Niclas

• Like 1

You have? I can't find it. I'm sending you a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mark! I'm glad you like it!

/Niclas

• 3 weeks later...

I will be moving soon and thus unable to produce the B256A13 for some weeks. If anyone is planning on placing an order and would like to receive it before the end of april, please do it asap.

Niclas

Hi Niclas,

I eventually plan on getting a set, but I too will be moving soon, so all of my pit project stuff is on hold. Hopefully you'll have enough interest to do at least one more batch when you get settled and I can get in on that.

Thanks!

Hi

I will get another 1 assembled board (will be for new Mustang Pit :-)

Moken - if you like to buy the best IO Card for your Pit , this is the one

Hi Avi!

Interesting with a Mustang pit! I look forward to follow the progress :-)

Please send the order through e-mail as described in the first post of this thread.

Hi Niclas,

I eventually plan on getting a set, but I too will be moving soon, so all of my pit project stuff is on hold. Hopefully you'll have enough interest to do at least one more batch when you get settled and I can get in on that.

Thanks!

Ah, any interesting reason for relocation? :-) Is it you who have ordered two boards by e-mail earlier? The e-mail address looked very similar to your username here on the forum, so I automatically thought it was you :-)

About doing one more batch when I get settled down. I don't think that will be necessary for you to get it, because I have a good stock on boards now :-) I don't think I will run out of them before summer.

Thanks for your support guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found a bug in the bootloader of the B256A13 (thank you Holger for helping me with detailed info on when the error occures). The 4:th row from the top in each connector (I13, I29, I45, I61, etc.) should only be used for pushbuttons and other momentary switches! Due to an error in the bootloader code, the bootloader starts when one of these inputs are active while the board is starting up (computer restart or USB plugged in). If you use toggle switches or rotary switches on one of these inputs, you must make sure they are in a state that doesn't activate one of these inputs while the board is restarting! The best way to make sure this never happens is to only connect pushbuttons to these inputs, since you probably wont hold cockpit pushbuttons pressed while the board is restarting.

The bootloader is used to update the software on the board. Due to a design decision the bootloader cannot update itself. That is because a corrupt software image should never destroy the board's bootloader, making the board totally unusable. Unfortunately, this means that the bootloader cannot be upgraded, so this workaround is the only way to get rid of the error. All boards produced from now on will have a correct bootloader. I am actually surprised that this error hasn't been reported by more people. I hope you can live with it!

/Niclas

Edit: Changed I15 to I13

Edited by brydling
Changed I15 to I13

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

Today, Joy2 from my board disappeared. Joy1 is ok, but Window have problem with installing second. Tested on my PC and Laptop. Tried to reinstall drivers, but it won't help. Windows is trying install Joy 2, but then i have error message. Anyone can help ? :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi All!

Today, Joy2 from my board disappeared. Joy1 is ok, but Window have problem with installing second. Tested on my PC and Laptop. Tried to reinstall drivers, but it won't help. Windows is trying install Joy 2, but then i have error message. Anyone can help ? :(

Hi!

Have you tried plugging it into another USB port or uninstalling the drivers from the device manager and then unplug and re-plug the board again?

Hi Niclas. Board soldered and tested (only some A/D ports so far) Works great

Thanks

/Gus

I'm glad to hear that! :)

Thank you!

Hi!

Have you tried plugging it into another USB port or uninstalling the drivers from the device manager and then unplug and re-plug the board again?

Yes, but it's still the same. I have no idea what is wrong, everything was ok, and now my right panel must be unplugged ;(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, but it's still the same. I have no idea what is wrong, everything was ok, and now my right panel must be unplugged ;(

Do you have any form of IM account where I can try guiding you through some things?

Just clarifying: IL-2 series recognize up to 4 joysticks IF each one have your own unique vendor ID. Buttons up to 32 are usable if mapped with keymapper soft, like SVMapper, Autohotkey, HIDMacros, XPader...

Sokol1_Br

Question, based on this, if your using HidMacros and one of your boards would you be able to use all 248 buttons in IL-2 1946?

If so, does anyone know of a work around for the other axis on the joystick?

Thanks in advance.