Joystick Controller B256A13

brydling

Question, based on this, if your using HidMacros and one of your boards would you be able to use all 248 buttons in IL-2 1946?

If so, does anyone know of a work around for the other axis on the joystick?

Thanks in advance.

I will have to pass on that question. I don't know and right now I don't have the time to test it. Maybe someone else knows the answer?

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say, that my problem with board has been solved. This was a firmware problem, but Niclas helped me with 'step by step guide'. Now everything works fine, thanks once again! :smilewink: Niclas!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just want to say, that my problem with board has been solved. This was a firmware problem, but Niclas helped me with 'step by step guide'. Now everything works fine, thanks once again! :smilewink: Niclas!

No problem. Let me know if you have more trouble! :)

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brydling,

is the product still available? If yes, could you send me the pricing in Euros and the data for the payment? I didn't get get a response on 'farbror_brydling@hotmail.com'.

Regards

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Towsim ... did you get a response?

Brydling ... is it still available?

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

I am all so interested how many boards does it take for all of the switches and rotaries in the cockpit? what are you using for indicator lights?

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Oh, it seems I haven't checked in here for a while! The boards are still available, but I have to order 15 sets of components and are waiting for enough orders to make it worth it. If you're really interested, place an order like it says in the first post.

I believe it takes two boards to wire up all the switches. For rotaries you have to use another board, for example BU0836X.

I have no cockpit cockpit at home, so I am not using anything for outputs.

/Niclas

Hi Moken!

I thought you had already bought a board from me but I must be mistaken :)

I don't know how many boards are needed for a full cockpit (excluding encoders since the board does not support them). A guess from my part is two boards, but excluding 48 buttons you can possibly make it with only one board.

/Niclas

I have ordered more parts now and are ready to take more orders.

Hi brydling ....

I would be also interested in an other board for self assembliing. Does it come with all parts, just to solder them ?

On this order we can also try an other ROM for my old board.

I guess you will need 2 boards for all switches.

Encoders mightbe used with an other board

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BBI-32/

I think brydlings very perfect board will not support this and there is a need for the radios or you need many more from brydlings boards to connect every channel selector as one button.

I will have a secon board to connect right side and left side with only one usb-cable to the usb-hub in the middle part. Maybe a third board for the middlepart with UFC.

This combined with deathmans knobs (waiting for them) and panels from linden should give a very good start for a pit. Also needet is a led-board from phidgets.

Watch deathmans cockpitbuild and you will see a very complex , perfect mil. specs pit !

Tom

Hi brydling ....

I would be also interested in an other board for self assembliing. Does it come with all parts, just to solder them ?

On this order we can also try an other ROM for my old board.

I guess you will need 2 boards for all switches.

Encoders mightbe used with an other board

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BBI-32/

I think brydlings very perfect board will not support this and there is a need for the radios or you need many more from brydlings boards to connect every channel selector as one button.

I will have a secon board to connect right side and left side with only one usb-cable to the usb-hub in the middle part. Maybe a third board for the middlepart with UFC.

This combined with deathmans knobs (waiting for them) and panels from linden should give a very good start for a pit. Also needet is a led-board from phidgets.

Watch deathmans cockpitbuild and you will see a very complex , perfect mil. specs pit !

Tom

Hi Tom!

I am glad you want another board even though you have had some trouble :) Just send me an order e-mail as described in the first post.

I think encoders are used only on the UHF radio panel. The VHF panels have rotary switches if done correctly since they have a physical scale attached to them, but I don't know if DCS:WH allows you to bind them as switches or if there are only increase/decrease bindings available. Otherwise it can probably be solved with external scripting.

Apart from the radios there may be some knob on the right side that is an encoder in the real thing. I don't really have the A-10C cockpit panels in my head. You should be fine with one BU0836X/BBI-32 for a full pit though.

As a side note, I actually started looking at encoder support two days ago. I installed a new development environment which got my inspiration to rise 100%. Don't get your hopes up, but there may be something coming in the nearest weeks.

Edited by brydling

I have a B256A13 board that I have installed in a homebuilt A10 cockpit. With one 40-way idc cable connecting it to a number of input switch panels it works fine. However, when I connect several idc cables to the additional header plugs I seem to be getting spurious button inputs, which I can only ascribe to crosstalk among the many cables linking acros the sim.

Has anyone experienced similar problems, and has anyone got any ideas as to the cause or a suggested solution. I dont fancy linking a couple of hundred buttons and switches using shielded cabling!

Flyco

There is a firmware-problem that has recently been brought to my attention. The matrix is scanned too fast and the problem only appears with longer cables. A fix was made a few days ago, but I have no Internet-connection at home at the moment. As soon as I am up and running again (either today or on monday), I will post the new firmware along with update instructions.

These problems can also occur if you haven't used diodes correctly.

This is actually the "official" thread, but most people find the one under the Home Cockpits-section first. Totally understandable :) I moved here after asking a moderator for permission to advertise my board in the forum, and was told to start the thread in this section :)

Edited by brydling

The first post has been updated with info on a new bug and instructions for how to update the firmware!

• 1 month later...

Hi Brydling, not sue if you got my pm. Are these cards still available? If so could you give me a price in UK pounds for a fully set up card ready to attach switches etc and with all cables. Thanks, Les

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Anyone selling one of these by any chance, not sure what's happened to Brydling

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

That is correct. We are working at ordered overtime until christmas as far as we know right now. It could probably be prolonged. On top of that we are refurbishing our apartment and I am in the working of writing a complete model of the avionics and airframe systems of the AJS 37 Viggen. Except for the modeling I also have to create the special electronic interfaces needed to drive the original parts.

Sorry for not replying earlier. I read the messages but didn't have time to respond at the moment, and when I had the time I had of course forgot it :-)

I have about 15 PCB's left but very little time to make them. Previously when I was overloaded I teached my girlfriend how to solder the boards so that I only needed to do the programming and testing, but she has also got a job now (finally!) so I don't want to force her into doing my interests anymore ;-)

You can place an order if you want to. I am still selling them. But it can take 2-3 weeks to get the board done. If you want a DIY-kit it goes a little bit faster but I still need to test all the pins of all the IC's before shipping :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok that's cool, could you give me a current price for a fully built and ready to install switches with all cables please.

Many thanks

Les

Ok that's cool, could you give me a current price for a fully built and ready to install switches with all cables please.

Many thanks

Les

1020 SEK + shipping (170 SEK in your case) for a total of 1190 SEK.

That is for a fully assembled board with eight assembled connectors + 10 cm cable attached to each of them and 200 diodes.

Niclas

• 3 weeks later...