Do we need to install patch 1.02 after install of Black Shark 2

Quirkitized

Does it matter what version BS1 is - DVD or download - for making BS2 work?

No - at present just ensure BS1 is unpatched when installing BS2.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

No - at present just ensure BS1 is unpatched when installing BS2.

wow.. could ED make it any harder?

when can we expect a "fixed" patch installer so that everyone who has 1.02 doesnt have to jump through all these hoops to install the new game?

when can we expect a "fixed" patch installer so that everyone who has 1.02 doesnt have to jump through all these hoops to install the new game?

It's been worked on. As to an exact number, I'm sure you can understand that it's not possible, suffice to say that it will in all probability be rectified within a reasonable time.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It's been worked on. As to an exact number, I'm sure you can understand that it's not possible, suffice to say that it will in all probability be rectified within a reasonable time.

thanks.. my initial excitement from purchase has now cooled off and waiting 2 days for 4gig to download has got me not wanting to think of downloading to many more fixes... to subsequently spend many hours to get BS2 working with all my shit! :)

Ok... I love ED. But, I have to agree, this process is a bit complicated and unnecessarily so.

I have BS1 with v1.0.2 and I don't want to go through this mess. I'm going to wait for a version that I can just install BS2 over my v1.0.2.

Don't worry, ED, I'll still be buying it. When this little snag is sorted out, that is. :)

Until then, back to the Hog!

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

Aghhh! confused.

Just installed BS2 and I understand this a seperate install so I can play either BS1 v1,02 or BS2, but it is asking me for a serial!

So my question is, will I loose an activation if I proceed and enter my serial and will BS1 stop working as I have activated BS2 using the original serial?

It is a bit of an....odd method they've chosen here. Since the new release does not work with the Steam release of BS1, and your account with ED already knows that you've bought BS1, surely they could have just allowed the discounted price by referencing your existing account, and not by insisting that BS1 (v1 of all things ) is actually installed already on your PC?

If I buy BS2 now, everytime I buy a new PC or setup up everything again, I need to reinstall BS1 AND I need to keep the BS1 install files around for this purpose. Once I install BS2 it can be uninstalled, sure. But it all seems so unnecessary.

This isn't a major bitch, it's not really a major deal - I just ask why, since it seems like it isn't actually necessary at all, if you look at it. So.....I dunno?

It should be:

Go to ED site, log in.

Try to buy BS2 (ED site goes 'Hey, this guy bought BS1 - give him the discounted price!'

ED gives you a serial number.

Download.

Install BS2. No need for BS1 anywhere on your PC.

Am I missing something obvious?

Edited by ARM505

I'm confused!

I own BS1, but I don't have it installed. I've bought the $19.99 upgrade since I'm already a BS1 owner.

Can I simply download and install the full BS2, or must I install BS1, then the BS2 upgrade?

I don't particularly want to install BS1 as I have no intention playing it, but I'm unclear as to exactly what DCS are meaning by 'upgrade'. In-place upgrade of BS1 whilst it's installed, or more of a 'license upgrade' to give you the right to play BS2.

Thanks in advance.

It seems that BS2 is utterly independant from BS1 from a functional point of view. HOWEVER, they have chosen to insist that BS1 is installed to verify that you do indeed own the product IF you just bought the 'upgrade' package. It is my understanding that the BS2 installation files are completely independant, ie they do not require certain files from BS1's installation. The requirement for BS1 to be installed is purely a 'validity check' to prove you own it. I'm speaking under correction, but that's the way it seems. Hence all the confusion, and my previous post.

Kind of like the latest BMS version of Falcon 4 doing a check for the original Falcon, or the Historix car mod for RFactor checking for the GT Legends DVD during install, just to check you do actually own the originals.

Yeah it does look like I misunderstood their meaning of 'upgrade'. I thought it was more of a licensing concept rather than a physical upgrade, the implementation of which is just a little messy!

I'd prefer to purchase the full BS2 at $39.99 rather than install BS1 (but naturally I'd want my $19.99 back!). I've logged a ticket so let's see what they say.

Yes, BS2 is totally independant from BS1 as soon as you have installed it you can uninstall BS1 without any adverse effects on BS2.

If you bought the patch then your serial number will only work with the patch, so downloading the full BS2 files will be to no avail.