Black Shark 2 Trimmer issues

MemphisBelle

AFAIK the only thing was the FFB bug. Nothing else has been changed in the code I've been told.

Nate

Is there a way that we, as users, can substitute one (or some) of the original BS1 input configs into the new BS2 fileset and fly in a manner that is to our liking; ie pre BS2?

If so, I'd do this in a snap.

I am itching to get back in the saddle.

Rectum non bustus

I understand that the resources required to create a patch might not be available, but is there a chance that we could have an optional patch in future?

I realise it may be counter intuitive to some to re-instate a known bug, but I'd be happy to apply an optional patch if it means I can fly the way I always have...

Rectum non bustus

In my opinion there is a change in behavior of trimming between BS1 and BS2. I am using the recenter method of the stick.

When turning right and trimming the aircraft in its new direction with pressing and releasing the trimmer , i get an extra momentum to right for perhaps 5 degrees AFTER moving the stick to center So i have to trimm several times left and right , untill i get a stable flight in straight direction.

This is totally different to BS1

Sorry for my english, sincerely Guenther.

I am not getting sucked into yet another 'T' discussion, but...

It is my own personal belief that cheese is the single best foodstuff in the world.

On a complete tangent, however, I also believe that the behaviour difference many people (myself included) experience with the T mechanism is largely, if not entirely, due to the enhanced and/or more detailed weather/air physics model in BS2

In much the same way that weather now greatly effects the flight path of Vihkrs (and probably rockets - I wouldn't know since I never use them because I am horribly bad at scoring with them), I think the same principles are at play when it comes to the effect on the aircraft and therefore the inputs made by the autopilot systems.

Remember: never talk Religion, Politics or Trim.

...esspecially Trim!

In my opinion there is a change in behavior of trimming between BS1 and BS2. I am using the recenter method of the stick.

When turning right and trimming the aircraft in its new direction with pressing and releasing the trimmer , i get an extra momentum to right for perhaps 5 degrees AFTER moving the stick to center So i have to trimm several times left and right , untill i get a stable flight in straight direction.

This is totally different to BS1

Sorry for my english, sincerely Guenther.

Try press-hold-release method.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2

Thank,s Brainless for your answer. Of course i can learn a new method, but i want first to try changing the " FMoptions.lua" file.

Perhaps i can get my old performance as in BS1.

Has anyone changed this file yet, and what are your results?

Thank you very much , best regards Guenther.

@Bullfrog, are you sure that you get extra momentum AFTER moving the stick to center?

Probably you fighting the autopilot.

I will try to explain it.

If you start turn to right with rudder, auto pilot try to hold current direction with opposite command (left rudder). You reach for example 30% right rudder, autopilot reach 20% (max) left rudder. Effective rudder is 30%-20% = 10% right rudder. At this moment you press trimmer, the autopilot will be disabled temporary, and your effective rudder will become 30% suddenly. You will get extra momentum to the right.

Not sure that this is your case, just guess.

I hope I was clear because my English is not good.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Yess Brainlees, thank you for your excellent explanation. I have read many threads about it , but your coment helps me a lot.

But how can i avoid fighting the Autopilot using the "press amd release " method of trimming? Is it possible with changing the " FMoptions.lua" ?

Or do i have to change my trimming method ?

Best regards. Guenther.

I don't know can "FMoptions.lua" help you, only thing I can advise is to try press-hold-release. For me press-immediate-release work only with FD mode.

I am very happy with my trimming and i love the game, but i sat down every night for 6 months till i had mastered every thing in that wonderful beast. And dozer is right in saying that "the way it feels best for you". if you struggle you will just feel better about yourself once you master it. We are all bad black shark pilots in the beginning but its nothing practice cant solve.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.