No idea why i love A-10C ?

Mule

You're missing a few in that collection.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

A Nightmare's Prayer is excellent. I'd also recommend Firestrike 7/9 for a view of CAS from the JTAC's viewpoint.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

^^^^Geek!^^^^

:P

You'll never catch me with aeroplane models or posters. At least not ones that are visible to anyone else.

Spoiler

^^^^Geek!^^^^

:P

You'll never catch me with aeroplane models or posters. At least not ones that are visible to anyone else.

When it comes to my A-10 yes sir, I am :D The ONLY reason I went back into the USAF Reserves a few years back was to work on A-10s again...if the unit I'm in ever deactivates and no A-10 unit is near I won't be playing USAF anymore :D

Years ago (80s) my parents bought me a subscription to Take Off magazine, I think it ran something like 12 volumes of 12 issues each. Not sure on that.

Lots of great articles that I can remember to this day, but one of the standout ones was about the A10. I can still remember the description of low flying, rolling inverted to crest hills and duck between trees. It made me realise how utterly fantastic it must be to fly the A10 and realise that Mach 2 isnt eveything.

Round about that time 3 or 4 dived down on a train I was travelling on in lincolnshire. The kids in the table next to me were very excited to see the "Lancaster bombers" coming at them. Think they must have been watching The Dambusters soon beforehand.

Edited by bluepilot76
wrong magazine!

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

Completely off topic:

@bluepilot76

You are sure you are running 8 gigs of DDR5 memory?

THATs what I call a geek ;)

back on topic:

I can only offer three office folders (dunno hose things in english) with about 500 pages each, strictly limited to DCS, plus Smallwood's Hogs.

Does that qualify?

Edited by Supersheep

Completely off topic:

@bluepilot76

You are sure you are running 8 gigs of DDR5 memory?

THATs what I call a geek ;)?

Eh Yeah Im not technical on computer specs, but thats what it says on the front. I know it was good, is that really good? I hope so!

DCS A10C inspired me to ditch run of the mill computers, do some research\find out about gaming laptops, and buy that one becasue it seemed pretty cool.

Still cant run COD though.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I am fortunate to have built up a very large combat aviation library, too. I have a very enthusiastic recommendation for you: "Feet Wet" By Rear Admiral Paul T. Gillcrist. This is the best account of wartime fighter ops I have ever read. After flying off a carrier in the Gulf of Tonkin and with combat experience in almost every fourth-generation fighter/attack a/c, Adm. Gillcrist became one of the first test pilots for the F-16 at Edwards. I read a lot of military non-fiction and this book rises to the very top of the heap. Adm. Gillcrist lives in my neighborhood and I am honored to own a signed copy.

Edited by Bahger