Any demo around here?

I want to buy Flaming Cliffs, but I am concerned about performance on my PC. I am not satisfied just looking at the system reqs, because my computer is more than powerful enough for LOMAC, but my FPS sinks into the toilet whenever I look at a city or zoom out the cockpit view too far.

So I don't want to spend money on what could be a slideshow. I keep finding links for the Flaming Cliffs 1 demo, but it no longer seems to be hosted at the main site.

If you don't know where to find a demo of either Flaming Cliffs game, you could answer these questions:

How much more stressful on the hardware are the more recent games?

Are the terrain meshes higher res in the sequels? By a lot?

No Demo.

Post your system specs and people will be able to tell you roughly what sort of performance to expect.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Used to have Radeon 4... something, with 1 GB RAM and my fps was like 9, sometimes 13. Just replaced video card with Nvidia 560GTX with 2 GB and fps jumped up. Never goes below 25 - 26, sometimes over 40. It's amazing difference. This card is not hot news on the market (from 2009). But thanks to that the price is very reasonable, around $250.

i5 quadcore, 6GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit.

Used to have Radeon 4... something, with 1 GB RAM and my fps was like 9, sometimes 13. Just replaced video card with Nvidia 560GTX with 2 GB and fps jumped up. Never goes below 25 - 26, sometimes over 40. It's amazing difference. This card is not hot news on the market (from 2009). But thanks to that the price is very reasonable, around $250.

i5 quadcore, 6GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit.

The OP is running a laptop so a video upgrade is not quite useful.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: