Leading Edge

colin

everyone is scratching their balls.. sharpening their knives... counting the benjamins.. and for a very good reason.... WE'RE WAITING FOR P-51D DAMMIT :thumbup:

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

His intent was to charge money, albeit a rather small amount, per lesson. The only lesson that was ever completed was the first one, which he gave out free of charge as sort of a teaser. It was actually very well made, and included both the video (very well produced) as well as supporting PDF documents.

It was a very ambitious project that must have been very time consuming, and around the same time that he released the first lesson, he got a double whammy of becoming a father and being promoted into management, both of which have a tendency to keep one occupied to the exclusion of all else. I was not surprised that he was not able to continue, but I was surprised how he simply vanished without really trying to explain anything. Just *poof*.

Anyway, whether or not it would have been successful (regardless of quality) is in debate, as it was already getting very near to the release of DCS: A-10C, so the community wasn't exactly frothing at the mouth for a paid training syllabus for the Ka-50.

His intent was to charge money, albeit a rather small amount, per lesson. The only lesson that was ever completed was the first one, which he gave out free of charge as sort of a teaser. It was actually very well made, and included both the video (very well produced) as well as supporting PDF documents.

It was a very ambitious project that must have been very time consuming, and around the same time that he released the first lesson, he got a double whammy of becoming a father and being promoted into management, both of which have a tendency to keep one occupied to the exclusion of all else. I was not surprised that he was not able to continue, but I was surprised how he simply vanished without really trying to explain anything. Just *poof*.

Anyway, whether or not it would have been successful (regardless of quality) is in debate, as it was already getting very near to the release of DCS: A-10C, so the community wasn't exactly frothing at the mouth for a paid training syllabus for the Ka-50.

PDF docs??

[...]and around the same time that he released the first lesson, he got a double whammy of becoming a father and being promoted into management, both of which have a tendency to keep one occupied to the exclusion of all else. I was not surprised that he was not able to continue, but I was surprised how he simply vanished without really trying to explain anything. Just *poof*.

Hey, that's very good to know. I'd already asked around these forums every now and then and nobody seemed to know anything about Miguez.

I still wish he'd continued to work on the project as it was indeed excellent and I was very much looking forward to it. Plus it would have been a good basis to work on A-10C training as well.

Nothing earth-shattering, but a few nice things like airport diagrams, lesson outline, and if I remember correctly, a few supporting graphics similar to what can be found in the manual.

I still got the original #1 lesson in 720p and just uploaded it: http://www.yurgon.de/uploads/dcs_bs/FSBT-01_720p.zip (ca. 1GB, SHA1 hash: 613bd59568ac71bc5a587ef7f3fae5f9b5639a34, MD5 hash: 6cc9d2ceee0e39e7736fdcaea07f31a7).

I don't think Miguez would mind seeing this shared since he gave it away for free anyhow.

Edited by Yurgon
Added MD5 hash

I was quite sad to find out, after the startup tutorial finished, that there are no more. :(

Very well done, in-depth explanations, like how the APU functions and why is it needed at startup and stuff like that. With zero background in aviation it was very interesting to me. IIRC he even did some research here on this forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]