Moving throttle

Fleshpiston

Hi ED,

Just wondering if I am the only one with this:

When I move my throttle in real life (TMHOTAS) in game the throttle does not move visually but does increase RPM. Is that part of the "still beta"?

Much love

Flesh

EDIT: I see this is part of the Beta bit. Well I am loving it so far so keep up the good work all.

Edited by Fleshpiston
<doh> read a bit more

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

My one moves.

Same.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

there are two different levers: one for RPM, one for throttle

the throttle on the TM HOTAS Warthog defaults to the Friction Slider.

You need to set the axis yourself!:joystick:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

there are two different levers: one for RPM, one for throttle

the throttle on the TM HOTAS Warthog defaults to the Friction Slider.

You need to set the axis yourself!:joystick:

Captain obvious!

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

I guess you mapped the engine rpm lever. In the cockpit it's under the throttle.

The throttle does move ingame, atleast with my installation.

A reinstall fixed the problem.

All was mapped and looked right it just did not move in game. Dunno, after reinstall it worked fine......

:joystick: Computers ........... gotta love 'em

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem, same solution. I'm suspicious ESET anti-virus prohibited install of some files, but can't prove it. I reinstalled with ESET off, and throttle problem was fixed.

However, many (but not all) keyboard keys such as gun trigger, gear etc are still not recognized.

FIXED. Deleted user/saved games/DCS folder and it solved a whole bunch of issues.

Edited by Tailspin45

Blue Skies & Tailwinds

tailspinstales.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem when I had incorrectly (?) set the left and right throttle axes to "Throttle Left" and "Throttle Right" in the control settings, instead of "Throttle" and "Engine RPM". As far as I can tell, these functioned the same way for flying the plane - it was just the visual in the cockpit that was off. It was until I saw this thread I realised I was doing it wrong.:)