A10 DCS WORLD INTEGRATION

Kegel

I currently own A10 and FC2. I just purchased the P51 yesterday. If I uninstall A10 will I need to reinstall it again when DCS WOrld is patched to accept it or will I just have to enter my A10 key into DCS World and download a smaller file (like the P51 download)? I have a SSD and dont want A10 and DCS World both installed as they take up a lot of space. I assume once A10 is integrated, the overall size will be much smaller. Is this correct?

If I uninstall A10 will I need to reinstall it again when DCS WOrld is patched to accept it

No.

or will I just have to enter my A10 key into DCS World and download a smaller file (like the P51 download)?

Yes.

I assume once A10 is integrated, the overall size will be much smaller. Is this correct?

Probably a wee bit larger than your current A-10C install due to the fact that you will have DCS World and Modules installed.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What happens to user configs? keys, screen, specific edited lua file etc?

I presume on uninstall some of the user specifc files are kept but which ones? I havent purchased P51 yet but interested in DCS world.

Not sure if I get the whole P51 thing? - Without other WW2 enemy / missions etc ...seems a bit pointless. Am I missing something?

What happens to user configs? keys, screen, specific edited lua file etc?

Custom options/settings are seperate from the main install and thus unaffected, stored in your Saved Games folder.

Edited .lua files that form part of the main install are at your own risk entirely. In such an event, it is up to you to ensure that you have made backups to your install. A modded install cannot be entertained for the purposes of troubleshooting.

Keys? Referring to the activation keys? Stored in your registry and accordingly unaffected.

I presume on uninstall some of the user specifc files are kept but which ones?

Same as the current BS2/A-10C install setup.

I havent purchased P51 yet but interested in DCS world.

Download and install - it's free :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Probably a wee bit larger than your current A-10C install due to the fact that you will have DCS World and Modules installed.

I thought DCS World contained all of the terrain, AI & static models etc. So surely the next A10c patch should be a smaller file which I can install & then delete my old DCS a10 folder? Or quite possibly I have misunderstood.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I thought DCS World contained all of the terrain, AI & static models etc. So surely the next A10c patch should be a smaller file which I can install & then delete my old DCS a10 folder? Or quite possibly I have misunderstood.

I believe Viper is refering to the size of the DCS World installation folder after the fact as opposed to the A-10 download.

Right now we could fit four P-51 size installs onto a CD which is rather nice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCWorld with all the modules will always be smaller than having each game installed on its own

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious