can not see my server on same router?

71st_Mastiff

I used to be able to host a server on one computer, and then play from my other computer now I can not do it?

WRN4000 NetGear router ports are enabled and port triggering, I even tried port fowarding.

Why is this being blocked now or is it because of the name of DCS World?

or is it my registration on master server?

I do have 2 seprate keys I bought CA 2 times so I could do this.

:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Can you see it when you select LAN?

I can't see my server on my own network if I select Internet but can when I select LAN. I don't know if this is expected behaviour or not.

I used to host the very occasional MP session while I flew and friends were able to connect - I bought another copy of A-10C when it was on a Steam sale and just moved the port forwards over to the new address. I'll have to get one of them to see if they can see the dedicated server I set up next time.

i host our dedicated 'checksixonline' server. i have never seen our server listed on the master server list while i am connected to another computer within the same network, but everyone else can. even on version 1.1.1.1. that is the case with 1.2.0 for me also. but through LAN i am able to view and connect.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should be able to see the server if you select LAN connection type

Only if the server uses the default port. At least that's what c0ff explained. I don't know if ED will change this behavor or if this is how they will have it.

(HJ)

I do see the LAN server. can you guys tell me of you see the 71st_Aces High server?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

something is wrong I never had this problem before. My router stats this port configuration is in use please see information.

NeatGeat WNDR4000

up to date.

I have never had a problem hosting BS2, or A10C on my other computer and accessing the Internet and joining from this computer.

Now I run DCS World and it wont let me run a server from seprate computer, no one can see it even with port forawarding, or triggering.

But on this computer I can host and everyone see's it.

SO I'm not sure if it's router or ED's master login net list? Probably blocking me?

I'am trying to run it from my master log in which is the same as all my purchases.

are you using the same user name on the server as you are on the client?

cant do that.

in the early days of running a server, i had bought 2 or 3 of everything and had 2 or 3 account user names.

in 1.2.0 i use a different user name for the server and another for the lan i play on with valid serial numbers for both.

btw, you need to have at least 1 module installed on the server to have MP access.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

are you using the same user name on the server as you are on the client?

cant do that.

in the early days of running a server, i had bought 2 or 3 of everything and had 2 or 3 account user names.

in 1.2.0 i use a different user name for the server and another for the lan i play on with valid serial numbers for both.

btw, you need to have at least 1 module installed on the server to have MP access.

yep as stated in OP I bought another CA regkey.

I log-in with my my name to connect to the master list and still do not see either computer, no one can see me now.

So is a problem with MP. router lets me through but no one can see it.

i dont want to insult your intelligence but,

run as admin?

delete all instances in your FW, then re-apply it. to the correct DCSW exe file.

verify port is open. go to something like checkmyopenports.com (or something like that)

disable AV, then recheck

briefly DMZ your machine's IP and check

if you DMZ'ed and with all these safe guards removed, possibly ISP????

do 1 at a time then when it works. work backwards from there to pin point issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i dont want to insult your intelligence but,

run as admin?

delete all instances in your FW, then re-apply it. to the correct DCSW exe file.

verify port is open. go to something like checkmyopenports.com (or something like that)

disable AV, then recheck

briefly DMZ your machine's IP and check

if you DMZ'ed and with all these safe guards removed, possibly ISP????

do 1 at a time then when it works. work backwards from there to pin point issue.

unfortunately this router has no DMZ.. :joystick:

Your IP: **.87.231.***

What Port? 10308

Error: I could not see your service on ***.***.***.*** on port (10308 )

Reason: Connection timed out

all the information was deleted and restarted and now it won't let me configure it with that port number 10308.

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type"

I have to hard boot my router to get it to release the port? So I can try it on the other computer? or the Eagle Dynamics list is not releasing my router? From the master list?

Edited by Mastiff

:thumbup: success; I had to port forward triggering does not work. also the port gets stuck some where in the router or pnp or rip. and you have to restart your computer to release the port.

thanks for your help guys.

I can join from LAN too. :joystick:

unfortunately this router has no DMZ..

From the manual:

N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR4000 User Manual

Default DMZ Server

The default demilitarized zone (DMZ) server feature is helpful when you use online games

and video conferencing applications that are incompatible with NAT. The wireless router is

programmed to recognize some of these applications and to work correctly with them, but

there are other applications that might not function well. In some cases, one local computer

can run the application correctly if that computer’s IP address is entered as the default DMZ

server.

Note: For security reasons, you should avoid using the default DMZ server

feature. When a computer is designated as the default DMZ server,

it loses much of the protection of the firewall. If compromised over

the Internet, the computer can be used to attack your network.

Incoming traffic from the Internet is usually discarded by the wireless router unless the traffic

is a response to one of your local computers or a service that you have configured in the

Ports screen. Instead of discarding this traffic, you can have it forwarded to one computer on

your network. This computer is called the default DMZ server.

To assign a computer or server to be a default DMZ server:

1. In the WAN Setup screen, select the Default DMZ Server check box. The following

screen displays:

2. Type the IP address for that server and click Apply

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]