BS1 + BS2 upgrade ind DCS World

Impact

Hello,

I try to get my BS1 + BS2 upgrade to work with DCS World, but I just can't manage to do so.

I installed BS1 in a different folder, activated it, and then I used the upgrade, which automaticly used the DCS World folder for installation. I activated that too, so I thought it should work. But it doesn't. Can't you guys just give people like me who bought BS1 and the BS2 upgrade a new serial so we can implement it into DCS World?

• Like 1

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

Hello,

I try to get my BS1 + BS2 upgrade to work with DCS World, but I just can't manage to do so.

I installed BS1 in a different folder, activated it, and then I used the upgrade, which automaticly used the DCS World folder for installation. I activated that too, so I thought it should work. But it doesn't. Can't you guys just give people like me who bought BS1 and the BS2 upgrade a new serial so we can implement it into DCS World?

Did you use the v1.2.0 BS2 upgrade downloaded from here?

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You said that you activated BS2. So you started a mission, it asked for the key, you provided it and...

Did it hang, crash or what? In what way did it not work? Does the desktop icon still show the $ sign?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You said that you activated BS2. So you started a mission, it asked for the key, you provided it and...

Did it hang, crash or what? In what way did it not work? Does the desktop icon still show the $ sign?

No, I activated with the protect.exe. As I tried to start with me in the cockpit, it didnt't ask for a serial the time I tried it without using the exe. And what do you mean with the $ sign at the desktop icon? Never had that.

It never crashed, I am just not in the cockpit, just like when your copy of the game isnt activated.

So whats the process of installing Black Shark with DCS World when I have BS1+BS2 upgrade? I just cant get it to work. Will I get a BS2 serial instead?

Edited by Impact

No, I activated with the protect.exe. As I tried to start with me in the cockpit, it didnt't ask for a serial the time I tried it without using the exe.

If it did not ask for a serial when you started it does not think BS2 is installed. Is this a clean install of v1.2.0? Clean meaning you removed any older version of World and the install and saved game folders.

It sounds like you might have some leftovers floating around somewhere that are confusing the program. You should not have had to use Protect.exe to activate.

Once you have gotten rid of the old stuff the process should have been.

Install and activate BS1 (assuming it is not still there).

Install DCS World v1.2.0

Install DCS BS2 Upraged v1.2.0

Start a mission and activate.

Edited by cichlidfan

If it did not ask for a serial when you started it does not think BS2 is installed. Is this a clean install of v1.2.0? Clean meaning you removed any older version of World and the install and saved game folders.

It sounds like you might have some leftovers floating around somewhere that are confusing the program. You should not have had to use Protect.exe to activate.

Once you have gotten rid of the old stuff the process should have been.

Install and activate BS1 (assuming it is not still there).

Install DCS World v1.2.0

Install DCS BS2 Upraged v1.2.0

Start a mission and activate.

I did all that and it still doesn't work. When I go into the protect.exe it even says that it is deactivated. I give up.

I have not followed the issue closely since I don't have the BS2 upgrade but there was a mention around here somewhere about a registry issue. IIRC it had to do with attempting to install the Full version of BS2 into World and using the Upgrade key. Once that has been done, attempts at installing and activating the Upgrade version fail.

The solution is to remove the key for BS2 from the registry manually and then re-install or re-activate. If I can find a post with more detail instructions I will link it here.

Sorry I am not more able to help. :(

Edit: I could not find instructions but below is the path to the part of the registry where they are stored. I haven't done this but I am guessing that you just need to remove the key from the two places it appears (both listed locations).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark 2\Keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark 2\Keys\License0

EDIT: Note - I have BS 2 Full version installed, so it is quite possible that the path on your machine may be slightly different. Either way it will be under Eagle Dynamics. I hope this helps.

Edited by cichlidfan

I have not followed the issue closely since I don't have the BS2 upgrade but there was a mention around here somewhere about a registry issue. IIRC it had to do with attempting to install the Full version of BS2 into World and using the Upgrade key. Once that has been done, attempts at installing and activating the Upgrade version fail.

The solution is to remove the key for BS2 from the registry manually and then re-install or re-activate. If I can find a post with more detail instructions I will link it here.

Sorry I am not more able to help. :(

Edit: I could not find instructions but below is the path to the part of the registry where they are stored. I haven't done this but I am guessing that you just need to remove the key from the two places it appears (both listed locations).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark 2\Keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\Black Shark 2\Keys\License0

EDIT: Note - I have BS 2 Full version installed, so it is quite possible that the path on your machine may be slightly different. Either way it will be under Eagle Dynamics. I hope this helps.

I completely uninstalled everything, deleted the registry entries for the whole Eagle Dynamics folder, installed everything freshly and it still won't work.

And yes, I used the upgrade for BS1, I couldn't install it before activating BS1 itself. The dollar sign automaticly disappears after I just installed without activation, is that supposed to happen?

I now tried it with DCS A10c, downloaded the version 1.2.0, got into DCS World, started an instant mission with A10c and it is exactly the same, there is no serial activation coming up and it gives me the F2 view again. It is really frustrating.

Edited by Impact

At this point, if you have not already done so, you need to open a trouble ticket. I know they are backed up but I beleive you have tried everything that I am aware of to fix this problem.

At least I can no longer think of anything else to try, short of reinstalling Windows. ;)

My method for complete removal of DCS World

1. Go to Control Panel -> Programs and features (add/remove progs if Xp)

2. Select DCS World and click un-install.

3. Now to clean-up the remnants

A. Delete the folder where you installed DCS WORLD

B. Go to c:\users\YOUR USERNAME\Saved Games\ , delete the DCS folder

C. Registry , use regedit to go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\

Delete any sub keys for DCS World products you own eg:

Black Shark2 = Black Shark 2

A10C = Warthog

DCS World = DCS World

Combined Arms = Combined Arms

P51 = Mustang

DONT delete the Black Shark key if paid for the software twice with the BS1 -> BS2 upgrade

That should remove any stuff left behind , now you should install DCS World and any modules you have paid for.

Good luck

I did everything, and it still doesn't work.

As cichlidfan said, in this case I would recommend opening a support ticket.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As cichlidfan said, in this case I would recommend opening a support ticket.

I already did that yesterday but still no response. Guess I will have to wait till next week, I will install an earlier version then. Are there many differences between 1.2.0 and 1.1.1.1?

I just wanna fly that damn helicopter like I am doing ballet or something like that. Did anyone ever take 4 guys and make like a Black Shark musical in the sky while doing choreographed maneuvers? (Black Shark on Ice, that should boost the sales!)

Ok, so, related problem. I bought DCS:BS1 and then the upgrade to DCS:BS2. It seems like DCS:BS1 is not downloadable anymore, so I downloaded DCS:BS2 for DCSW, unfortunately the key for the upgrade does not work for the full version (dangit!).

What am I meant to do here? I was thinking of downloading DCS:BS1 as a standalone, and then patching it to BS2, would that incorporate it into DCSW?

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

Ok, so, related problem. I bought DCS:BS1 and then the upgrade to DCS:BS2. It seems like DCS:BS1 is not downloadable anymore, so I downloaded DCS:BS2 for DCSW, unfortunately the key for the upgrade does not work for the full version (dangit!).

What am I meant to do here? I was thinking of downloading DCS:BS1 as a standalone, and then patching it to BS2, would that incorporate it into DCSW?

There is no such thing as patching BS1 to BS2, never were. They're separate.

What you have most likely done is download the standard version, not the "upgrade" version, of the DCS World module. If you have an upgrade key, this will not work with that version.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

The one marked "upgrade" is the one you want. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

.......so I downloaded DCS:BS2 for DCSW, unfortunately the key for the upgrade does not work for the full version (dangit!)........

What am I meant to do here?

Download the BS2 Upgrade Module for DCS World and install.

Norrised :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

One further point to keep in mind:

You need BS1 installed and activated prior to installing the Upgrade BS2 Module to DCS World. And yes, BS1 is still available for download under Downloads/Previous versions page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One further point to keep in mind:

You need BS1 installed and activated prior to installing the Upgrade BS2 Module to DCS World. And yes, BS1 is still available for download under Downloads/Previous versions page.

What the Deuce?

I have been struggling with this for over a week, no support from my ticket. no replies to my emails.

I have read all the installation instructions I could see on the eagle dynamics website. I swear the instructions are to delete all previous installations. I went the whole hog and deleted my games folder as well. Then instal World then the modules. All the modules went in but getting a message that my license key for BS is incorrect.

So I need to install Blackshark seperately then the world module?

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

What the Deuce?

I have been struggling with this for over a week, no support from my ticket. no replies to my emails.

Support staff is still working to catch up with the abnormal load caused by the recent relases. Apologies for that.

I have read all the installation instructions I could see on the eagle dynamics website. I swear the instructions are to delete all previous installations.

No, remove previous installations of DCS World - since the previous releases were Beta.

So I need to install Blackshark seperately then the world module?

If you have a DCS Black Shark 2 Upgrade license, you need to have Black Shark 1 installed and activated during the installation and activation procedure for the BS2 module. If you install the "normal" version of the Black Shark 2 module, the key you got for the discounted upgrade version will not work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Support staff is still working to catch up with the abnormal load caused by the recent relases. Apologies for that.

No, remove previous installations of DCS World - since the previous releases were Beta.

If you have a DCS Black Shark 2 Upgrade license, you need to have Black Shark 1 installed and activated during the installation and activation procedure for the BS2 module. If you install the "normal" version of the Black Shark 2 module, the key you got for the discounted upgrade version will not work.

Well, thanks for wrapping that up (all of you). I'll get downloading DCS:BS1 and get everything working. Just a note if an ED person sees this, make this a little more clear please?

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

Just a note if an ED person sees this, make this a little more clear please?

It is noted in bold, red lettering on the downloads/modules page of tha main site. Don't know how much clearer it needs to be :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What this?

The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark"!

I took that as "in order to install the module into world, you would need to have a license key for both", which I do. I think it is the same instruction that was there before World was brought in. It is a bit confusing. Anyway, whatever, maybe Im just a bit thick.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully I can get her running now.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

I think it is the same instruction that was there before World was brought in.

Yes, procedure is exactly the same as before world:

to install and activate upgrade version, you need to have Black Shark 1 installed and activated. No change. This is the same as when you purchase an expansion to any other game out there - it'll state that it "requires Product X", which is understood as the product must be installed.

The difference here is that after you have installed, you can, if you so desire, remove Black Shark 1 from your computer. It is only needed towards verification of the Upgrade, once that is all up and running, it is not used by Black Shark 2. (Compare to the LOMAC requirement of FC2.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In another thread, I had advised someone asking whether to buy the full version of BS2 or the upgrade version to buy the full version because people are having trouble getting the upgrade to work in world. Someone on the ED team asked me why i think everyone is having trouble (or what the problem was, or something along those lines).

Well, this thread is a perfect example. There have been a dozen like it since the release of 1.2.0; I think that stands pretty well to show that the method of activating the upgrade is something which is not a smooth process.

Well, this thread is a perfect example.....

An example of what?

Valid question that still stands: Why is everyone having trouble when it is exactly the same procedure as when the original BS2 Upgrade package was purchased?

Same procedure that is evidently now giving trouble when the original procedure did not. What has changed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]