What's a SAM site like?

maturin

One thing that DCS is missing from old LOMAC is pre-made ground unit groups.

It used to a work of seconds to slap down an entire S-300 SAM site. Now it takes a lot of fiddling with the editor, and more importantly I have no idea how many tubes etc there are supposed to be. Does anyone know where to find some template or list of units in various SAM setups, like Patriot, Buk, etc?

"What's a SAM site like? "

Love and affection ?

The occasional non-manouvering target to munch up...

^^^^

Actually - it isn't :)

In the ME is a button that lets you put down (& / or save for future use) template groups (looks like a rubber stamp).

Click the button, select the country then the group you want to place (S-300 site is one of the defaults) place the group, change the orientation, unclick the button (or you'll leave S-300 sites all over the map :-)

Use the same form to save your own custom groups.

Search the forums & people have kindly left pre-prepared templates of a wide variety of groups.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

There are prefab templates made for a few different sam sites within the sim. Just find the "create and modify templates" button on the sidebar. There are also a few template files floating around the forums somewhere that has several templates which have been made.

But generally speaking the sam sites that have several units required to make it work. Just look for objects with:

TR - Tracking radar

SR - Search Radar

LN - Launcher

STR - Search/Tracking Radar

edit: sniped ^_^

Edited by Grimes

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What's a SAM site like?

Its missile emplacement for shooting down aircraft....buts that's not important right now. :D

• Like 1

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Alright, cool, I found the S-300 template... and promptly deleted by hitting the red X button accidentally. In a case of non-idiot-proof design brilliance, this deleted the template for the entire game without a prompt. So same question over again... anyone know what's in a S-300 site so I can re-do the template? A mission with one would do as well.

Alright, cool, I found the S-300 template... and promptly deleted by hitting the red X button accidentally. In a case of non-idiot-proof design brilliance, this deleted the template for the entire game without a prompt. So same question over again... anyone know what's in a S-300 site so I can re-do the template? A mission with one would do as well.

Setup with following:

- 30N6 TR

- 64N6 SR

- CP (command post)

- LNs (there is C and D; one is smart TEL and one is dumb TEL. Dumb TEL should be slaved behind C/smart TEL, so you can setup 6 launchers mixed with both C and D variants)

Optionally add 5N66/76N6 Clam Shell to improve low altitude coverage of S-300.

S-300:

TR 30N6 x 1

SR 64H6E x 1

SR SN66M x 1

CP 54K6 x 1

LN 5P85C x 4

LN5P85D x 4

Patriot:

AMG AN/MRC-137 x 1

ECS AN/MSQ-104 x 1

EPP-III x 1

ICC x 1

LN M109 x 4

STR AN/MPQ-53 x 1

Mission file: Templates.miz

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think you should find that if you rename or delete the templates.lua file in Saved Games\DCS\Mission Editor, you will get your deleted S-300 template back.

Thanks all.

SEAD is a blast, although the sites aren't very aggressive, not opening fire on my until the Kh-58s are already in the air. And do they ever turn off their radar (seems like it should be an option in Combined Arms)?

Edited by maturin

and promptly deleted by hitting the red X button accidentally. In a case of non-idiot-proof design brilliance, this deleted the template for the entire game without a prompt.

Wot, you no likey-likey goodest feature? :D

Make your own SAM sites and vehicle columns etc, then save them as a mision file called "maturin-templates.mis" so that when you delete your templates again - and you will delete them again - then you can re-open it and recover the site layout, and re-save them as templates within the mission editor.

And stop complaining already!

Useless Patriot factoid.

If you take the control workstation out of the truck (it's on wheels), do not try to roll it over a carpetted floor into a conference room. It's no fun and the wheels will even cut through quarter-inch masonite. Plus you have to get it back out again (more masonite sheets)! :P

I used to work for the company that designed it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks all.

SEAD is a blast, although the sites aren't very aggressive, not opening fire on my until the Kh-58s are already in the air. And do they ever turn off their radar (seems like it should be an option in Combined Arms)?

You can set this with the advanced behavior options and triggers.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files